tiki.org Dead Links

jmorris
I have been going through some of the pages and I have updated a few dead links, specifically at https://tiki.org/Potential+funders

While here at https://tiki.org/Tikiwiki+Book
I found these links are dead but I do not know what to do about them.

https://doc.tiki.org/Print+Indexed&highlight=print%20indexed
https://doc.tiki.org/Multi-print&highlight=multiprint

I can garden up links tiki wide if that is ok, at least I can do that around here. And I can keep this message live with questions if I have any as I did above.

With your approval I'll keep gardening links.
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: tiki.org Dead Links

jmorris
I will never delete a link if I can't find the the source it is supposed to link too, instead I can come here and ask.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: tiki.org Dead Links

Jean-Marc Libs
Hi John,

Thanks for taking this tsk, and sorry for the lack of responsiveness. I'm afraid most of us hang on on the dev list.

These links are not dead, they seem to have suffered from some migration to short URLs (aka Search Engine Friendly URLs or sefurls).

My guess is, the first one used to be https://doc.tiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=Print+Indexed&highlight=print%20indexed and the second used to be https://doc.tiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=Multi-print&highlight=multiprint
Then someone or some script removed the "tiki-index.php?page=" part, but it does not take into account pages with multiple parameters. As per the HTML standards, the first parameter is separeted with "?", the following ones with "&".

The corrected links would be:
https://doc.tiki.org/Print+Indexed?highlight=print%20indexed
https://doc.tiki.org/Multi-print?highlight=multiprint

But honestly, highlighting the very word which is the name of a page does not help readability, so I'd feel simply
https://doc.tiki.org/Print+Indexed
https://doc.tiki.org/Multi-print
would be better.

I hope I was not too confusing… I could have just given the answers without the explanations, but that would not have helped with other similar malformed links :-(

Cheers,
Jyhem

-----
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: tiki.org Dead Links

jmorris
Clear as a bell Jean, thanks for the explanation, it allows me to look at the links differently now. And quite possibly not make a major error in correcting them.
Appreciate your help much!
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: tiki.org Dead Links

jmorris
This post was updated on .
At https://tiki.org/Potential+funders

I have cleaned up the links under heading FOSS World.
Three links are un responsive, and I would like some guidance from the community on what to do with:

http://conservancy.softwarefreedom.org/|Software Freedom Conservancy
https://openitp.org/grants/fall-2013-call-for-proposals.html
https://openitp.org/grants.html

Thank you
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: tiki.org Dead Links

Marc Laporte-3
In general: if a link is dead, might as well remove it (unless you
feel there is historical value, in which case you can put a note "dead
link".). But in this case, if the site is gone, the funding potential
has evaporated :-)

To see if that info still exists under another domain name: You can
try to get old info from https://archive.org/web/ and then use key
terms from the old page in your favorite search engine and you may
find something. Ex. One seems to have moved here:
https://sfconservancy.org/

But OpenITP is inactive: https://twitter.com/openitp

About the content of: https://tiki.org/Potential+funders

As you can see, there are quite a few potential sources of funding.
Tiki and WikiSuite are a great way for foundations and philanthropists
to help a lot of organizations.

I think we should set up a fundraising committee, with one
responsibility to monitor all https://tiki.org/Fundraising and apply
when it makes sense.

It would be nice to have a recurring budget for:
1- A part or full time community coordinator to make sure all topics /
teams are progressing
2- Security audits and bounties
3- Cover expenses for events
4- R & D / feature development / revamps
etc.

Best regards,

M ;-)

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 10:29 AM, jmorris
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> At https://tiki.org/Potential+funders
>
> I have cleaned up the links under heading FOSS World.
> Two links are un responsive, and I would like some guidance from the
> community on what to do with:
>
> http://conservancy.softwarefreedom.org/|Software Freedom Conservancy
> https://openitp.org/grants/fall-2013-call-for-proposals.html
> https://openitp.org/grants.html
>
> Thank you
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech

Re: tiki.org Dead Links

jmorris
Thanks for the information and the link checking resources Marc. Appreciate it much.
I though we had a fundraising committee? Do we have an organizational chart anywhere in tiki.org that is available to the public? Thanks again
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: tiki.org Dead Links

Marc Laporte-3
https://tiki.org/Roles+and+Teams