Quantcast

Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

jmorris
Dear folks, I have a question, does maps work at all in Tiki 15? Here is a link that I think is stating the maps are not working, and under development?
https://doc.tiki.org/Tutorial+-+Navigating+Maps

Thank you for any help!
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

Xavier de Pedro (Tiki)
Dear John,

Please, see these 2 pages, which seem to be more updated:
https://doc.tiki.org/Geolocation
&
https://doc.tiki.org/PluginMap

And yes, old map-related pages need more work to provide uptodate info on how to use map-features in tiki since "a few" tiki versions.

Your help there can ba valuable also, once you get a better idea of current features, and what was removed.

Hope this helps

Xavi

-----
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

TikiWiki-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users

Re: Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

jmorris
Thanks so much Xavi! I have another question, do know of a working example anywhere that I can use as inspiration, is there a website that is using maps?
Thanks again!
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

jmorris
I am sorry, I should ask, a working example of Map Plugin other than on tiki.org
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

Xavier de Pedro (Tiki)
My own, extranet: https://intercanvis.net/Xarxes  (in Catalan)

I have someother: intranet (with my students, in English), pretty
simple, just to show off feature combined with Trackers, Wiki pages or
Blogs.
https://sustainability.seeds4c.org/Maps

I wish I had some time to extend some profile to add maps based on
trackers, and Articles, Wiki pages, aside of Blogs. Regarding blogs, you
can use maps with blogs easily by means of applying the current profile
we made a few years ago:
https://profiles.tiki.org/Easy+GeoBlog

It's available from the profiles wizard in your  Tiki:
https://doc.tiki.org/Profiles+Wizard

You can also test maps with profile "Cartograf", also available from the
Profiles Wizard.

Cheers

Xavi

El 16/05/16 a les 13:46, jmorris ha escrit:

> I am sorry, I should ask, a working example of Map Plugin other than on
> tiki.org
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

jmorris
Thank you Xavi for the great examples! Your the best!
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

jmorris
Xavi, I hope you don't mind, I logged into your IES site and obtained the geolocate wiki page map source code and used it. If you are not ok with this, please let me know and I'll remove it from our page at http://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/Geolocated+Wiki+Pages
But I sure like it.
I am trying to figure out a way to have default center point of the map and add layers.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

Xavier de Pedro (Tiki)
Yes, sure, glad it helped! :-)

Can you please help back providing whatever extra example/s you felt that they were missing in doc.t.o pages (geolocation? PluginMap?...) that you learned from that example that you found in my site?

Bottom line for me: there seems to be a need for more examples using Map features ib profiles. And a basic GeoCMS profile (or similar, showcasing maps of wiki pages, blog posts/articles, tracker items, users) might be welcome by new tiki site admins.

I hope to create something as a estar to keep the ball rolling this summer. If anyone interested to join the profile creation (you will learn how to create profiles, which is always handy for advanced uses in your site - interested in mastering 'Workspaces UI" in advanced mode with yaml code?), please send a message a well coordinate agendas.

Cheers

Xavi

reports. http://sdm.link/zohomanageengine

TikiWiki-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users

Re: Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

jmorris
Thanks so much Xavi! I will do my best to update the maps page as I become more familiar with maps. I can for now add links to use cases at the map and geolocation pages.
Thanks sir
John M.

Xavi, I added a section of for Live Use Cases for Geolocation at https://doc.tiki.org/Geolocation in section number 4. Is this what you were wanting for now?
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

Xavier de Pedro (Tiki)
Well, John, if you can, improve the examples within doc.t.o., please.
External sites can be not available any more at some point, etc.
Thanks!
Xavi

El 20/06/16 a les 04:46, jmorris ha escrit:

> Xavi, I added a section of for Live Use Cases for Geolocation at
> https://doc.tiki.org/Geolocation in section number 4. Is this what you were
> wanting for now?
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

jmorris
Ah yes, that is so true, actually I should remove that section all together, it was a bad idea. Ok, I have a question, you are dealing with a beginner here who wants to help, but I do not know what doc.t.o is. Can you elaborate? Thanks Xavi.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Using Maps in Tiki15 LTS

Xavier de Pedro (Tiki)
oups, sorry for the contraction used:

doc.t.o = doc.tiki.org = https://doc.tiki.org - Documentation site.

Thanks for your help!

Xavi

El 20/06/16 a les 13:42, jmorris ha escrit: