Quantcast

Updating from Tiki9, custom theme

Karsten Wemheuer
Hi everyone,

I am in the situation updating an old tiki (9.4) to the current LTS
(15.4). The site uses a custom theme. AFAIK the theming is switched to
a new framework "bootstrap". The old themes where placed in "styles"-
directory. I couldn't find an entry in the docs for custom theming
based on bootstrap like e.g. "where to place custom code".

Thanks for any hint,

Karsten

Re: Updating from Tiki9, custom theme

Gary Cunningham-Lee
Hi Karsten,

There is a page here:
https://themes.tiki.org/Updating%20a%20pre-Bootstrap%20theme with some
basic information. Now the "styles" directory is gone, and replaced by a
"themes" directory.

Maybe this page - https://themes.tiki.org/Creating+a+Tiki+theme - and
the pages linked from there can be helpful.

Please post again about any specific questions you have.

I'm working on some screencast videos currently to show how to make a
Tiki theme, and other topics. I'll make one about updating a
pre-Bootstrap theme, but doing these videos is taking longer than
expected and I'm not sure when I can get to that one.

-- Gary

On 4/14/2017 1:55 AM, Karsten Wemheuer wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am in the situation updating an old tiki (9.4) to the current LTS
> (15.4). The site uses a custom theme. AFAIK the theming is switched to
> a new framework "bootstrap". The old themes where placed in "styles"-
> directory. I couldn't find an entry in the docs for custom theming
> based on bootstrap like e.g. "where to place custom code".
>
> Thanks for any hint,
>
> Karsten

Re: Updating from Tiki9, custom theme

Karsten Wemheuer
Hi Gary, hi Thorsten,

thanks for the links and the info via phone. I will try to follow the
hints and will come back with more specific questions later.

Best regards,

Karsten