[Tiki-devel] "Flagged revisions" term (RE: Confusion about approval, flagged and stagged version)

[Tiki-devel] "Flagged revisions" term (RE: Confusion about approval, flagged and stagged version)

Cloutier, Philippe (DGARI-Consultant)
Thanks Marc,
Inline precision follows...

[...]
> I never liked the term "Flagged revisions". Louis-Philippe picked it
> mostly because it's the name of the equivalent feature in MediaWiki.

This name would not evoke much to me if I had never heard it. To be fair to MediaWiki, it's not really a MediaWiki feature, it's the name of a MediaWiki extension. The corresponding "Wikipedia feature" is called Pending changes, which evokes a lot more to me.

It should be no surprise that a software name (extension name) is less clear than a feature name. If our Flagged revisions is closer to the Pending changes system and doesn't do more than helping with approval, I agree "Flagged revisions" is a suboptimal name, unless it was chosen because development making it more flexible was planned.

[...]

Re: [Tiki-devel] "Flagged revisions" term (RE: Confusion about approval, flagged and stagged version)

Bernard Sfez-3
Why splitting the discussion ?

On 17 Jul 2017, at 23:35 , Cloutier, Philippe (DGARI-Consultant) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Marc,
Inline precision follows...