[Tiki-devel] "Cookies required" error in new branch 17 on WAMP

[Tiki-devel] "Cookies required" error in new branch 17 on WAMP

I get a "Cookies must be enabled to log in to this site" error on
tiki-login.php in a new checkout of branch 17 in my localhost Bitnami
WAMP server. This prevents me from logging in. I do have cookies
enabled, of course. Any idea why this new problem? Thanks.

Re: [Tiki-devel] "Cookies required" error in new branch 17 on WAMP

Gary Cunningham-Lee
Sorry, it's ok now. There was a space in the installation's folder name
so I guess the path for cookies was broken. With the space replaced by
an underbar, no problem.

-- Gary

On 7/9/2017 11:12 PM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get a "Cookies must be enabled to log in to this site" error on
> tiki-login.php in a new checkout of branch 17 in my localhost Bitnami
> WAMP server. This prevents me from logging in. I do have cookies
> enabled, of course. Any idea why this new problem? Thanks.
>
> -- Gary

Re: [Tiki-devel] "Cookies required" error in new branch 17 on WAMP

Hi Gary

Looks like that error is returned if the php.ini setting "session.use_cookies" is disabled. It doesn't seemed to have changed for a long time, in fact the last change near there was by you in https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/57203 ;)

That should be the default setting on php so seems odd if it changed for you?

jb