[Tiki-devel] problem with HTML5 <video> tag in Tiki16.2

[Tiki-devel] problem with HTML5 <video> tag in Tiki16.2

Geoff - Enmore Services

Hi – hoping someone can help/comment on some issues I’m having with using the HTML5 video tag

Just as context, I’m trying to show a short video clip to a private Tiki Group where the file is stored in a File Gallery which is similarly restricted.

Since I always use the full HTML wysiwyg editor, in the source screen I simply added:

Which showed up fine in the edit screen and when previewed BUT when the page was saved the dreaded <x> appeared in the opening video tag so it didn’t work. So first of all is this a bug that can be fixed ?

Then I tried a few work-arounds and in the end I found that putting the code into an {HTML} plugin avoided the dreaded <x> being inserted and made it work – which is obviously a very odd thing to do when using the ckeditor – but there you go!

However when I say ‘it worked’ – it did work fine in FireFox and MS Edge but not in Chrome or Opera (and I’m guessing Safari although I can’t check that). I have previously had problems trying to show videos with the <video> tag, so decided to dig further and discovered that in both Chrome and Opera the console showed the following:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 412 (Precondition Failed)

Does anyone have any idea what this means why it is happening with these browsers  and whether it can be avoided?

BUT please note that if I put the same video file into a simple folder on the server then the video tag works fine (with an updated src obviously!)  – but I really don’t want to do this as the file needs to be ‘private’ and using a File Gallery is the best way to do that – but it would seem that it may be the use of a File Gallery that could be causing the problem?

All suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

Geoff

No virus found in this message.

Re: [Tiki-devel] problem with HTML5 <video> tag in Tiki16.2

Bernard Sfez-3
Hello Geoff,

Can you create a ticket and an instance at dev ?
We’ll also be able to test with Safari and others then. :)

Bernard