[Tiki-devel] Zend Library 3.0

Dr. Sassafras
Any plans on migrating to zend 3.0 framework? It boasts 4x faster performance on php5 and more on php7. I understand they renamed some libraries, but they do seem to have a nice migration docs.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Zend Library 3.0

Marc Laporte-3
Hi Brendan!

Thanks for bringing this up.

Ricardo will do a test upgrade in an experimental branch.

Assuming all is smooth, it will be in trunk soon after.

Best regards,

M;-)

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Brendan Ferguson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any plans on migrating to zend 3.0 framework? It boasts 4x faster
> performance on php5 and more on php7. I understand they renamed some
> libraries, but they do seem to have a nice migration docs.
>
> https://framework.zend.com/blog/2016-06-28-zend-framework-3.html
>
> Brendan

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Zend Library 3.0

Jonny Bradley-4

BTW, i already migrated one of the components to ZF3 the other day in r61425, as a minor update to zend-captcha meant i had to update zendservice-recaptcha to 3.0 to get that working again...

So the fun has already started! :)

jb

> On 2 Mar 2017, at 12:26, Marc Laporte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Brendan!
>
> Thanks for bringing this up.
>
> Ricardo will do a test upgrade in an experimental branch.
>
> Assuming all is smooth, it will be in trunk soon after.
>
> Best regards,
>
> M;-)
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Brendan Ferguson
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Any plans on migrating to zend 3.0 framework? It boasts 4x faster
>> performance on php5 and more on php7. I understand they renamed some
>> libraries, but they do seem to have a nice migration docs.
>>
>> https://framework.zend.com/blog/2016-06-28-zend-framework-3.html
>>
>> Brendan

> Marc Laporte
>
> http://WikiSuite.org
> http://PluginProblems.com
> http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Zend Library 3.0

Ricardo Melo
Jonny,

I didn't replay to your previous email email about this, but there shouldn't be a problem the upgrade of zendservice-recaptcha... the only concern is that we may have recaptcha broken (because of the api switch on recaptcha it self) in older version of tiki.

Ricardo

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 1:15 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:

BTW, i already migrated one of the components to ZF3 the other day in r61425, as a minor update to zend-captcha meant i had to update zendservice-recaptcha to 3.0 to get that working again...

So the fun has already started! :)

jb

> On 2 Mar 2017, at 12:26, Marc Laporte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Brendan!
>
> Thanks for bringing this up.
>
> Ricardo will do a test upgrade in an experimental branch.
>
> Assuming all is smooth, it will be in trunk soon after.
>
> Best regards,
>
> M;-)
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Brendan Ferguson
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Any plans on migrating to zend 3.0 framework? It boasts 4x faster
>> performance on php5 and more on php7. I understand they renamed some
>> libraries, but they do seem to have a nice migration docs.
>>
>> https://framework.zend.com/blog/2016-06-28-zend-framework-3.html
>>
>> Brendan

> Marc Laporte
>
> http://WikiSuite.org
> http://PluginProblems.com
> http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Zend Library 3.0

Dr. Sassafras
Great. One consideration to keep in mind is that there isnt currently a LTS for the 3.x framework.

https://framework.zend.com/long-term-support

They work on a much shorter LTS than we do (as we are all painfully aware)

Brendan