[Tiki-devel] WikiSuite: ClearOS apps for Tiki, Elasticsearch & Kibana, Syncthing, Openfire and Kimchi. And a two-factor authentication app

[Tiki-devel] WikiSuite: ClearOS apps for Tiki, Elasticsearch & Kibana, Syncthing, Openfire and Kimchi. And a two-factor authentication app

Marc Laporte-3
Hi!

Tiki has various levels of integration with the following apps:
* Deep: Elasticsearch: https://doc.tiki.org/Elasticsearch
* New: Openfire realtime collaboration server (XMPP + WebRTC) (via new
ConverseJS integration in Tiki17)
* Planned: Kibana (Dashboards from Elasticsearch data) and Syncthing (File sync)

On their own, these apps can be tricky to install in a secure way. For example:
* Syncthing is first and foremost a peer-to-peer app which is designed
to be ran on various clients, and not on a server.
* Elasticsearch and Kibana don't have built-in security tools, and
rely on external tools for access control, etc.
* Openfire has a lot of server settings (SSL, SRV records, etc.)

Thus, we have created some GUI "apps" for ClearOS. They are now in the
testing phase and installed by command line, but once we feel ready,
they will become 1-click apps in the ClearOS marketplace (which has
about 100 such apps)
https://www.clearos.com/products/purchase/clearos-marketplace-apps#cloud

So these apps make it much easier to install, provide security
features (which is a strength of ClearOS) and management tools (ex.:
Adminer for Elasticsearch)
* http://wikisuite.org/How-to-install-Elasticsearch-on-ClearOS
* http://wikisuite.org/How-to-install-Kibana-on-ClearOS
* http://wikisuite.org/How-to-install-Syncthing-on-ClearOS
* http://wikisuite.org/How-to-install-Openfire-Meetings-on-ClearOS

There is no interoperability planned with Tiki, but we also created a
ClearOS app for Kimchi (Virtualization)
http://wikisuite.org/How-to-install-Kimchi-on-ClearOS

And, we created a two-factor authentication for ClearOS:
http://wikisuite.org/How-to-install-Two-Factor-Authentication-for-ClearOS
This now protects the ClearOS admin panel, and will be progressively
ported to all the apps. So for example, for logging into your
Syncthing administration interface. This will be ported to Tiki as
well.

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] WikiSuite: ClearOS apps for Tiki, Elasticsearch & Kibana, Syncthing, Openfire and Kimchi. And a two-factor authentication app

Marc Laporte-3
Ironically, we don't yet have a Tiki app for ClearOS. The Tiki use
case is more tricky than the others.

Please see: "Creating a ClearOS app for Tiki, TRIM Revamp, RPMs,
Composer: How to manage many Tikis?"
https://tiki.org/forumthread64280