[Tiki-devel] Unified Index: Change the default search for AND (instead of OR):

[Tiki-devel] Unified Index: Change the default search for AND (instead of OR):

Marc Laporte-3
Hi!

I propose to change the default for "Unified Index" to be AND (instead
of OR). This preference can be found in tiki-admin.php?page=search

This is what most users expect. If you have too many results, you add
a search term to filter the results.

Any objections?

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Unified Index: Change the default search for AND (instead of OR):

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi Marc

Coincidentally i changed that pref for a client yesterday as it's intuitively what search engines should do (the more search terms i type, the fewer results i expect) but it then broke all the plugin list and custom search pages (on elasticsearch 2.4), and i need to investigate why - also it also failed to reindex... so beware ;)

Maybe it was just my plugin pages begin weird, i'm using facets too, possibly related - will let you know if/when i resolve the issue.

jonny

> On 27 Jun 2017, at 22:39, Marc Laporte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I propose to change the default for "Unified Index" to be AND (instead
> of OR). This preference can be found in tiki-admin.php?page=search
>
> This is what most users expect. If you have too many results, you add
> a search term to filter the results.
>
> Any objections?
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Marc Laporte
>
> http://WikiSuite.org
> http://PluginProblems.com
> http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Unified Index: Change the default search for AND (instead of OR):

Marc Laporte-3
Thanks for this info Jonny

Given I change it for all my sites, if it was a general issue, I am
pretty sure I would have seen it.

Thanks!

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com