[Tiki-devel] Top bar not displaying as it should for anonymous on dev.tiki.org

[Tiki-devel] Top bar not displaying as it should for anonymous on dev.tiki.org

Cloutier, Philippe (RESSOURCE EXTERNE)
Hi,
There is a small breakage in the top bar on dev.tiki.org which is visible as anonymous (both Firefox and Chrome). As can be seen in the attached screenshot, the Tiki Project Sites and "Log in" menus overlap, to the point where the arrow to the right of the former is closer to the latter.

dev.tiki.org is on r61947. This does not happen on doc.tiki.org, which is at the same revision. I don't think this issue existed 2 weeks ago.

dev.tiki.org display bug.png (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [Tiki-devel] Top bar not displaying as it should for anonymous on dev.tiki.org

This is fixed now. The problem was that the grid div containing the Tiki
Project Sites link wasn't wide enough, so in admin-modules I increased
it from class col-sm-4 to col-sm-5, the same as at doc.tiki.org.

-- Gary

On 3/31/2017 1:26 AM, Cloutier, Philippe (RESSOURCE EXTERNE) wrote:

> Hi,
> There is a small breakage in the top bar on dev.tiki.org which is visible as anonymous (both Firefox and Chrome). As can be seen in the attached screenshot, the Tiki Project Sites and "Log in" menus overlap, to the point where the arrow to the right of the former is closer to the latter.
>
> dev.tiki.org is on r61947. This does not happen on doc.tiki.org, which is at the same revision. I don't think this issue existed 2 weeks ago.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Top bar not displaying as it should for anonymous on dev.tiki.org

hmm, but when you log in there is one more module (the ring bell
notifications) and then the last module (logout) wraps on another
line... how do you solve this Gary to have different col-sm for
anonymous and for registered?

luci

On 03/31/2017 05:57 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is fixed now. The problem was that the grid div containing the Tiki
> Project Sites link wasn't wide enough, so in admin-modules I increased
> it from class col-sm-4 to col-sm-5, the same as at doc.tiki.org.
>
> -- Gary
>
> On 3/31/2017 1:26 AM, Cloutier, Philippe (RESSOURCE EXTERNE) wrote:
>> Hi,
>> There is a small breakage in the top bar on dev.tiki.org which is visible as anonymous (both Firefox and Chrome). As can be seen in the attached screenshot, the Tiki Project Sites and "Log in" menus overlap, to the point where the arrow to the right of the former is closer to the latter.
>>
>> dev.tiki.org is on r61947. This does not happen on doc.tiki.org, which is at the same revision. I don't think this issue existed 2 weeks ago.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Top bar not displaying as it should for anonymous on dev.tiki.org

Jonny Bradley-4

Yes, sorry, that was me (needed to test out the new notifications system to try and track down the backup heisenbug with Amette the other day)

I think i did ask for help at the time, sorry if it messed up the layout a but, hope it's not too much aggravation to fix! :)

It should be a standard addition to all tiki sites i think (love that dogfood!)

jonny

> On 31 Mar 2017, at 09:32, luciash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> hmm, but when you log in there is one more module (the ring bell
> notifications) and then the last module (logout) wraps on another
> line... how do you solve this Gary to have different col-sm for
> anonymous and for registered?
>
> luci
>

> On 03/31/2017 05:57 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is fixed now. The problem was that the grid div containing the Tiki
>> Project Sites link wasn't wide enough, so in admin-modules I increased
>> it from class col-sm-4 to col-sm-5, the same as at doc.tiki.org.
>>
>> -- Gary
>>
>> On 3/31/2017 1:26 AM, Cloutier, Philippe (RESSOURCE EXTERNE) wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> There is a small breakage in the top bar on dev.tiki.org which is visible as anonymous (both Firefox and Chrome). As can be seen in the attached screenshot, the Tiki Project Sites and "Log in" menus overlap, to the point where the arrow to the right of the former is closer to the latter.
>>>
>>> dev.tiki.org is on r61947. This does not happen on doc.tiki.org, which is at the same revision. I don't think this issue existed 2 weeks ago.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Top bar not displaying as it should for anonymous on dev.tiki.org

I think my solution would be to assign the same module twice - once for
Anonymous and once for Registered and give them different col-sm
classes. A bit of duplication, I know, but cleanest solution? Or do we
have any other option than CSS hacking with overrides?

luci

On 03/31/2017 10:32 AM, luciash wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hmm, but when you log in there is one more module (the ring bell
> notifications) and then the last module (logout) wraps on another
> line... how do you solve this Gary to have different col-sm for
> anonymous and for registered?
>
> luci
>

> On 03/31/2017 05:57 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is fixed now. The problem was that the grid div containing the Tiki
>> Project Sites link wasn't wide enough, so in admin-modules I increased
>> it from class col-sm-4 to col-sm-5, the same as at doc.tiki.org.
>>
>> -- Gary
>>
>> On 3/31/2017 1:26 AM, Cloutier, Philippe (RESSOURCE EXTERNE) wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> There is a small breakage in the top bar on dev.tiki.org which is visible as anonymous (both Firefox and Chrome). As can be seen in the attached screenshot, the Tiki Project Sites and "Log in" menus overlap, to the point where the arrow to the right of the former is closer to the latter.
>>>
>>> dev.tiki.org is on r61947. This does not happen on doc.tiki.org, which is at the same revision. I don't think this issue existed 2 weeks ago.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Top bar not displaying as it should for anonymous on dev.tiki.org

I adjusted the grid div widths again. The div containing just the bell
icon was 2/12 wide which seemed to be more than what is needed, so I
reduced it to col-sm-1. Now when logged in there are three divs with
these classes, respectively:

col-sm-4
col-sm-1
col-sm-5

which provide enough width for their contents.

The troublesome part about these assignments is that the top_modules div
takes up only about 30% of the available space, floated right, while the
navbar header uses even less than 30%, floated left, so there is extra
width available. But it seems the top_modules width doesn't widen when
new content is loaded in the modules, so the content is forced to wrap.
I tested applying a min-width: 50% rule, using the new
https://themes.tiki.org/Tiki_org_family_headers_fix_CSS page. This also
fixed the wrapping even with the wider grid div for the bell icon.
Giving the top_modules div a display: inline-flex also fixed the
problem. But just reducing the width of the bell icon div is probably
the cleanest fix.

So I don't think different grid divs are needed for anonymous and
registered if one configuration provides enough space for both cases.

-- Gary

On 3/31/2017 5:32 PM, luciash wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hmm, but when you log in there is one more module (the ring bell
> notifications) and then the last module (logout) wraps on another
> line... how do you solve this Gary to have different col-sm for
> anonymous and for registered?
>
> luci
>

> On 03/31/2017 05:57 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is fixed now. The problem was that the grid div containing the Tiki
>> Project Sites link wasn't wide enough, so in admin-modules I increased
>> it from class col-sm-4 to col-sm-5, the same as at doc.tiki.org.
>>
>> -- Gary
>>
>> On 3/31/2017 1:26 AM, Cloutier, Philippe (RESSOURCE EXTERNE) wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> There is a small breakage in the top bar on dev.tiki.org which is visible as anonymous (both Firefox and Chrome). As can be seen in the attached screenshot, the Tiki Project Sites and "Log in" menus overlap, to the point where the arrow to the right of the former is closer to the latter.
>>>
>>> dev.tiki.org is on r61947. This does not happen on doc.tiki.org, which is at the same revision. I don't think this issue existed 2 weeks ago.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Top bar not displaying as it should for anonymous on dev.tiki.org

luciash d' being
Yes, it looks fine at the first sight but on my laptop it is hard to
click the bell now because it is partially covered from the right side
by the Tiki Project Sites module.

On 03/31/2017 11:27 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:

> I adjusted the grid div widths again. The div containing just the bell
> icon was 2/12 wide which seemed to be more than what is needed, so I
> reduced it to col-sm-1. Now when logged in there are three divs with
> these classes, respectively:
>
> col-sm-4
> col-sm-1
> col-sm-5
>
> which provide enough width for their contents.
>
> The troublesome part about these assignments is that the top_modules div
> takes up only about 30% of the available space, floated right, while the
> navbar header uses even less than 30%, floated left, so there is extra
> width available. But it seems the top_modules width doesn't widen when
> new content is loaded in the modules, so the content is forced to wrap.
> I tested applying a min-width: 50% rule, using the new
> https://themes.tiki.org/Tiki_org_family_headers_fix_CSS page. This also
> fixed the wrapping even with the wider grid div for the bell icon.
> Giving the top_modules div a display: inline-flex also fixed the
> problem. But just reducing the width of the bell icon div is probably
> the cleanest fix.
>
> So I don't think different grid divs are needed for anonymous and
> registered if one configuration provides enough space for both cases.
>
> -- Gary
>
> On 3/31/2017 5:32 PM, luciash wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> hmm, but when you log in there is one more module (the ring bell
>> notifications) and then the last module (logout) wraps on another
>> line... how do you solve this Gary to have different col-sm for
>> anonymous and for registered?
>>
>> luci
>>

>> On 03/31/2017 05:57 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This is fixed now. The problem was that the grid div containing the Tiki
>>> Project Sites link wasn't wide enough, so in admin-modules I increased
>>> it from class col-sm-4 to col-sm-5, the same as at doc.tiki.org.
>>>
>>> -- Gary

Re: [Tiki-devel] Top bar not displaying as it should for anonymous on dev.tiki.org

Gary Cunningham-Lee
How about now? I added the 50% min-width rule for div.top_modules and
tweaked the grid divs a bit more.

-- Gary

On 3/31/2017 7:11 PM, luciash wrote:

> Yes, it looks fine at the first sight but on my laptop it is hard to
> click the bell now because it is partially covered from the right side
> by the Tiki Project Sites module.
>
> Thanks,
>
> luci
>

> On 03/31/2017 11:27 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:
>> I adjusted the grid div widths again. The div containing just the bell
>> icon was 2/12 wide which seemed to be more than what is needed, so I
>> reduced it to col-sm-1. Now when logged in there are three divs with
>> these classes, respectively:
>>
>> col-sm-4
>> col-sm-1
>> col-sm-5
>>
>> which provide enough width for their contents.
>>
>> The troublesome part about these assignments is that the top_modules div
>> takes up only about 30% of the available space, floated right, while the
>> navbar header uses even less than 30%, floated left, so there is extra
>> width available. But it seems the top_modules width doesn't widen when
>> new content is loaded in the modules, so the content is forced to wrap.
>> I tested applying a min-width: 50% rule, using the new
>> https://themes.tiki.org/Tiki_org_family_headers_fix_CSS page. This also
>> fixed the wrapping even with the wider grid div for the bell icon.
>> Giving the top_modules div a display: inline-flex also fixed the
>> problem. But just reducing the width of the bell icon div is probably
>> the cleanest fix.
>>
>> So I don't think different grid divs are needed for anonymous and
>> registered if one configuration provides enough space for both cases.
>>
>> -- Gary
>>
>> On 3/31/2017 5:32 PM, luciash wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> hmm, but when you log in there is one more module (the ring bell
>>> notifications) and then the last module (logout) wraps on another
>>> line... how do you solve this Gary to have different col-sm for
>>> anonymous and for registered?
>>>
>>> luci

Re: [Tiki-devel] Top bar not displaying as it should for anonymous on dev.tiki.org

luciash d' being
Perfect! Thanks :)

On 03/31/2017 12:51 PM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:

> How about now? I added the 50% min-width rule for div.top_modules and
> tweaked the grid divs a bit more.
>
> -- Gary
>
> On 3/31/2017 7:11 PM, luciash wrote:
>> Yes, it looks fine at the first sight but on my laptop it is hard to
>> click the bell now because it is partially covered from the right side
>> by the Tiki Project Sites module.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> luci
>>

>> On 03/31/2017 11:27 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:
>>> I adjusted the grid div widths again. The div containing just the bell
>>> icon was 2/12 wide which seemed to be more than what is needed, so I
>>> reduced it to col-sm-1. Now when logged in there are three divs with
>>> these classes, respectively:
>>>
>>> col-sm-4
>>> col-sm-1
>>> col-sm-5
>>>
>>> which provide enough width for their contents.
>>>
>>> The troublesome part about these assignments is that the top_modules div
>>> takes up only about 30% of the available space, floated right, while the
>>> navbar header uses even less than 30%, floated left, so there is extra
>>> width available. But it seems the top_modules width doesn't widen when
>>> new content is loaded in the modules, so the content is forced to wrap.
>>> I tested applying a min-width: 50% rule, using the new
>>> https://themes.tiki.org/Tiki_org_family_headers_fix_CSS page. This also
>>> fixed the wrapping even with the wider grid div for the bell icon.
>>> Giving the top_modules div a display: inline-flex also fixed the
>>> problem. But just reducing the width of the bell icon div is probably
>>> the cleanest fix.
>>>
>>> So I don't think different grid divs are needed for anonymous and
>>> registered if one configuration provides enough space for both cases.
>>>
>>> -- Gary

Re: [Tiki-devel] Top bar not displaying as it should for anonymous on dev.tiki.org

Bernard Sfez-3
Thanks !

However I noticed this is not the first time we have an issue with the top area (top bar, header) at t.o.
And I also saw this on some site (changing items, switching language, etc) where the modules in the header change width after user interaction.

Any chance we have a "permanent" fix (or this one is the best we can) ?

Bernard