[Tiki-devel] Today's Roundtable time still not set

[Tiki-devel] Today's Roundtable time still not set

2 time have been equally voted 13:00 and 18:00 (UTC time).
We were waiting for last minute votes but they are not coming…

I’m the facilitator for this meeting and I can’t be attend the late meeting, so I’m tempted to decide the time to be 13:00.
But… I’d rather do it the democratic way.

Cheers,

Re: [Tiki-devel] Today's Roundtable time still not set

Jean-Marc Libs
I like suspense just as much as anyone else but… We need to make some decision.

I say for the sake of the quality of the roundtable, we need a new rule: in case of a draw, the facilitator's vote is doubled.

Meaning: 13:00 UTC

And now we have an idea for upgrading the convene plugin :-)

Cheers,
J-M

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

2 time have been equally voted 13:00 and 18:00 (UTC time).
We were waiting for last minute votes but they are not coming…

I’m the facilitator for this meeting and I can’t be attend the late meeting, so I’m tempted to decide the time to be 13:00.
But… I’d rather do it the democratic way.

Cheers,

Re: [Tiki-devel] Today's Roundtable time still not set

Jonny Bradley-4

For me it shows as +4 votes for 13:00 and 19:00 BST (GMT+1) so aren't we talking about 12:00 UTC, not 13:00?

(although you know what i'm like with timezones!)

jb

p.s. Seems a shame we Europeans win again, better luck next month for those on the other side of the Atlantic ;)

> On 20 Apr 2017, at 11:19, luciash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> luci
>
> On 20.4.2017 11:49, Jean-Marc Libs wrote:
>> I like suspense just as much as anyone else but… We need to make some decision.
>>
>> I say for the sake of the quality of the roundtable, we need a new rule: in case of a draw, the facilitator's vote is doubled.
>>
>> Meaning: 13:00 UTC
>>
>> And now we have an idea for upgrading the convene plugin :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> J-M
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> https://tiki.org/Roundtable+Meeting+2017+04
>>>
>>> 2 time have been equally voted 13:00 and 18:00 (UTC time).
>>> We were waiting for last minute votes but they are not coming…
>>>
>>> I’m the facilitator for this meeting and I can’t be attend the late meeting, so I’m tempted to decide the time to be 13:00.
>>> But… I’d rather do it the democratic way.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Today's Roundtable time still not set

Jean-Marc Libs
Oh… summer time already? I see 14:00 CEST, so maybe 12:00 UTC

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:

For me it shows as +4 votes for 13:00 and 19:00 BST (GMT+1) so aren't we talking about 12:00 UTC, not 13:00?

(although you know what i'm like with timezones!)

jb

p.s. Seems a shame we Europeans win again, better luck next month for those on the other side of the Atlantic ;)

> On 20 Apr 2017, at 11:19, luciash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> luci
>
> On 20.4.2017 11:49, Jean-Marc Libs wrote:
>> I like suspense just as much as anyone else but… We need to make some decision.
>>
>> I say for the sake of the quality of the roundtable, we need a new rule: in case of a draw, the facilitator's vote is doubled.
>>
>> Meaning: 13:00 UTC
>>
>> And now we have an idea for upgrading the convene plugin :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> J-M
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> https://tiki.org/Roundtable+Meeting+2017+04
>>>
>>> 2 time have been equally voted 13:00 and 18:00 (UTC time).
>>> We were waiting for last minute votes but they are not coming…
>>>
>>> I’m the facilitator for this meeting and I can’t be attend the late meeting, so I’m tempted to decide the time to be 13:00.
>>> But… I’d rather do it the democratic way.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Today's Roundtable time still not set

Jonny Bradley-4
Ik, that's odd - i see this:

and when i do this in the javascript console:

> new Date()

I get

< Thu Apr 20 2017 11:51:49 GMT+0100 (BST)

So 4 votes for 13:00 BST === 12:00 UTC for me, most peculiar... (13:00 UTC is actually better for me, but what is everyone else seeing i wonder?)

Grrr.... timezones!

jb

On 20 Apr 2017, at 11:41, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

It is a shame we can’t rely on the plugin output to synch a meeting… :(

What about a 30mn community fixes before the roundtable (and may be we fix time+convene) :D :D :D

On 20 Apr 2017, at 13:40 , Jean-Marc Libs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Oh… summer time already? I see 14:00 CEST, so maybe 12:00 UTC

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:

For me it shows as +4 votes for 13:00 and 19:00 BST (GMT+1) so aren't we talking about 12:00 UTC, not 13:00?

(although you know what i'm like with timezones!)

jb

p.s. Seems a shame we Europeans win again, better luck next month for those on the other side of the Atlantic ;)

> On 20 Apr 2017, at 11:19, luciash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> luci
>
> On 20.4.2017 11:49, Jean-Marc Libs wrote:
>> I like suspense just as much as anyone else but… We need to make some decision.
>>
>> I say for the sake of the quality of the roundtable, we need a new rule: in case of a draw, the facilitator's vote is doubled.
>>
>> Meaning: 13:00 UTC
>>
>> And now we have an idea for upgrading the convene plugin :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> J-M
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> https://tiki.org/Roundtable+Meeting+2017+04
>>>
>>> 2 time have been equally voted 13:00 and 18:00 (UTC time).
>>> We were waiting for last minute votes but they are not coming…
>>>
>>> I’m the facilitator for this meeting and I can’t be attend the late meeting, so I’m tempted to decide the time to be 13:00.
>>> But… I’d rather do it the democratic way.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Today's Roundtable time still not set

Jonny Bradley-4

I created an event by clicking on the little calendar button on the first +4 votes column and it made this: https://tiki.org/tiki-calendar.php?todate=1492689600

I see that as 13:00, what do you see?

Academic anyway as i now have a meeting for the next hour at least, so see you later or later :)

jb