[Tiki-devel] Tiki.o showing... what he want. :(

[Tiki-devel] Tiki.o showing... what he want. :(

Checking email this morning I received an email from Sourceforge about Tiki17 released.

Naturally I check Tiki news (articles) to check if we were already communicating about this.
As you can see here : https://ibb.co/e4439k they were no article about Tiki 17 and I was in the Tiki blue perspective all the way.

It took me some times but I could reproduce several time in a row using on screen links or button : google => https://tiki.org/News => https://tiki.org/article445-Security-updates-Tiki-16-2-15-4-and-Tiki-12-11-released => https://tiki.org/articles => https://tiki.org/tiki-list_articles.php

So I click on the "new article" button https://tiki.org/tiki-edit_article.php and wrote a new article copying links and notes from https://doc.tiki.org/tiki17 and save it…
But the article wasn’t saved and just reload a blank edit article page but this time using Tiki orange perspective. :(

Anxious to check if my article was saved I clicked on list article to find out that my article wasn’t saved and that Gary wrote an article about Tiki17 4 days ago
I was of course pretty pissed because 40mn of my precious time just went away… for nothing.

By the way I wasn’t able anymore to get back on screen the orange perspective with Gary article so I cannot even provide a screenshot.
I check that I was logged from screen to screen, etc…

Perspectives or user preferences or whatever setting is set end user shouldn’t (I was in that case) should be driven to such horrible user experience including lost of data.

Sorry for expressing my frustration but this is exactly the kind of problems (how can this be considered or treated as minor ?) that discourage me (and others, that I know for sure) to spend possible 5mn or 10mn in between work on Tiki because there is no 5mn task (even simple as that) when it is about Tiki and that’s really a pain. I’d rather see simple things working properly (or being removed for good) in Tiki before we add fancy and new advanced stuff !

Or… like some others do, let’s use Wordpress for our Tiki websites. o:-)

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki.o showing... what he want. :(

Yeah, as said in my earlier emails, the Tiki 17.0 article was written
and "published" already but I also found that it shows up in the default
perspective but not in the info (blue) one (shows up on view-articles
but not on the News page that uses the articles plugin). I'm not sure
how to fix that.

-- Gary

On 8/1/2017 4:46 PM, Bernard Sfez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Checking email this morning I received an email from Sourceforge about
> Tiki17 released.
>
> Naturally I check Tiki news (articles) to check if we were already
> communicating about this.
> As you can see here : https://ibb.co/e4439k they were *no article about
> Tiki 17* and I was in the *Tiki blue perspective* all the way.
>
> It took me some times but I could reproduce several time in a row using
> on screen links or button : google => https://tiki.org/News =>
> https://tiki.org/article445-Security-updates-Tiki-16-2-15-4-and-Tiki-12-11-released =>
> https://tiki.org/articles => https://tiki.org/tiki-list_articles.php
>

> So I click on the "new article" button
> https://tiki.org/tiki-edit_article.php and wrote a new article copying
> links and notes from https://doc.tiki.org/tiki17 and save it…
> But the *article wasn’t saved* and just reload a blank edit article page
> but this time using *Tiki orange perspective*. :(
>
> Anxious to check if my article was saved I clicked on list article to
> find out that my article wasn’t saved and that *Gary wrote an article
> about Tiki17 4 days ago*.
> I was of course pretty pissed because 40mn of my precious time just went
> away… for nothing.
>
> By the way I wasn’t able anymore to get back on screen the orange
> perspective with Gary article so I cannot even provide a screenshot.
> I check that I was logged from screen to screen, etc…
>
> Perspectives or user preferences or whatever setting is set end user
> shouldn’t (I was in that case) should be driven to such horrible user
> experience including lost of data.
>
> Sorry for expressing my frustration but this is exactly the kind of
> problems (how can this be considered or treated as minor ?) that
> discourage me (and others, that I know for sure) to spend possible 5mn
> or 10mn in between work on Tiki because there is no 5mn task (even
> simple as that) when it is about Tiki and that’s really a pain. I’d
> rather see simple things working properly (or being removed for good) in
> Tiki before we add fancy and new advanced stuff !
>

> Or… like some others do, let’s use Wordpress for our Tiki websites. o:-)
>

> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com <http://bsfez.com>

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki.o showing... what he want. :(

luciash d' being
fixed. (for how see the other thread ;))

Dne 1.8.2017 v 10:36 Gary Cunningham-Lee napsal(a):

> Hi,
>
> Yeah, as said in my earlier emails, the Tiki 17.0 article was written
> and "published" already but I also found that it shows up in the
> default perspective but not in the info (blue) one (shows up on
> view-articles but not on the News page that uses the articles plugin).
> I'm not sure how to fix that.
>
> -- Gary
>

> On 8/1/2017 4:46 PM, Bernard Sfez wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Checking email this morning I received an email from Sourceforge
>> about Tiki17 released.
>>
>> Naturally I check Tiki news (articles) to check if we were already
>> communicating about this.
>> As you can see here : https://ibb.co/e4439k they were *no article
>> about Tiki 17* and I was in the *Tiki blue perspective* all the way.
>>
>> It took me some times but I could reproduce several time in a row
>> using on screen links or button : google => https://tiki.org/News =>
>> https://tiki.org/article445-Security-updates-Tiki-16-2-15-4-and-Tiki-12-11-released
>> => https://tiki.org/articles => https://tiki.org/tiki-list_articles.php
>>

>> So I click on the "new article" button
>> https://tiki.org/tiki-edit_article.php and wrote a new article
>> copying links and notes from https://doc.tiki.org/tiki17 and save it…
>> But the *article wasn’t saved* and just reload a blank edit article
>> page but this time using *Tiki orange perspective*. :(
>>
>> Anxious to check if my article was saved I clicked on list article to
>> find out that my article wasn’t saved and that *Gary wrote an article
>> about Tiki17 4 days ago*.
>> I was of course pretty pissed because 40mn of my precious time just
>> went away… for nothing.
>>
>> By the way I wasn’t able anymore to get back on screen the orange
>> perspective with Gary article so I cannot even provide a screenshot.
>> I check that I was logged from screen to screen, etc…
>>
>> Perspectives or user preferences or whatever setting is set end user
>> shouldn’t (I was in that case) should be driven to such horrible user
>> experience including lost of data.
>>
>> Sorry for expressing my frustration but this is exactly the kind of
>> problems (how can this be considered or treated as minor ?) that
>> discourage me (and others, that I know for sure) to spend possible
>> 5mn or 10mn in between work on Tiki because there is no 5mn task
>> (even simple as that) when it is about Tiki and that’s really a pain.
>> I’d rather see simple things working properly (or being removed for
>> good) in Tiki before we add fancy and new advanced stuff !
>>

>> Or… like some others do, let’s use Wordpress for our Tiki websites. o:-)
>>

>> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com <http://bsfez.com>

---
Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.