Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] Tiki menu / login dropdown changed to dropup when there is no room down

[Tiki-devel] Tiki menu / login dropdown changed to dropup when there is no room down

The css element in Tiki15 and up are bootstrapped and tiki look more and more mature but for a little detail that is condemning admins to use several element at the top of the page and not at the bottom.
Dropdown are going down even if there is no room down.

If you place a menu in the footer item may be hidden.
If place login box at the bottom when open you’ll have to scroll down.
And there is more.

Isn’t there a quick magic bootstrap trick to have it opening up when there is no room down ?

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki menu / login dropdown changed to dropup when there is no room down

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi B

Yup, you can simply add the class "dropup" in the module appearance/class field :)

HTH

jb

> On 22 Feb 2017, at 12:06, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> The css element in Tiki15 and up are bootstrapped and tiki look more and more mature but for a little detail that is condemning admins to use several element at the top of the page and not at the bottom.
> Dropdown are going down even if there is no room down.
>
> If you place a menu in the footer item may be hidden.
> If place login box at the bottom when open you’ll have to scroll down.
> And there is more.
>
> Isn’t there a quick magic bootstrap trick to have it opening up when there is no room down ?
>

> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki menu / login dropdown changed to dropup when there is no room down

On admin-modules, under the menu or other dropdown-containing module's
"Appearance" tab, add "dropup" for the "custom class" option.

-- Gary

On 2/22/2017 9:06 PM, Bernard Sfez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The css element in Tiki15 and up are bootstrapped and tiki look more and
> more mature but for a little detail that is condemning admins to use
> several element at the top of the page and not at the bottom.
> Dropdown are going down even if there is no room down.
>
> If you place a menu in the footer item may be hidden.
> If place login box at the bottom when open you’ll have to scroll down.
> And there is more.
>
> Isn’t there a quick magic bootstrap trick to have it opening up when
> there is no room down ?
>

> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com <https://bsfez.com/>

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki menu / login dropdown changed to dropup when there is no room down

Bernard Sfez-3
Heee…

The dropup solution is not what I was expected. :)
This will turn a dropdown into a dropup always, and not only when there is no more room for it to open below :)

That’s why I asked for a magic trick (viewport, calc or something ?)

PS : nice attempt here to deal with long menu https://css-tricks.com/examples/LongDropdowns/

On 22 Feb 2017, at 16:08 , Gary Cunningham-Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Gary Cunningham-Lee
As far as menus are concerned, if you use a CSS menu in the footer (for
example, a horizontal one there when there's no left column on the
page), then the dropdowns will slide upward to stay in view. But as far
as I know, standard Bootstrap dropdowns won't do that without some added
JavaScript. (This behavior was added to Bootstrap Tour popups after
testing in Tiki, for comparison.)

-- Gary

On 2/22/2017 11:34 PM, Bernard Sfez wrote:

> Heee…
>
> The dropup solution is not what I was expected. :)
> This will turn a dropdown into a dropup *always*, and not only when
> there is *no more room* for it to open below :)
>
> That’s why I asked for a magic trick (viewport, calc or something ?)

> PS : nice attempt here to deal with long menu
> https://css-tricks.com/examples/LongDropdowns/
>

>> On 22 Feb 2017, at 16:08 , Gary Cunningham-Lee
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On admin-modules, under the menu or other dropdown-containing module's
>> "Appearance" tab, add "dropup" for the "custom class" option.
>>
>> -- Gary
>>
>> On 2/22/2017 9:06 PM, Bernard Sfez wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The css element in Tiki15 and up are bootstrapped and tiki look more and
>>> more mature but for a little detail that is condemning admins to use
>>> several element at the top of the page and not at the bottom.
>>> Dropdown are going down even if there is no room down.
>>>
>>> If you place a menu in the footer item may be hidden.
>>> If place login box at the bottom when open you’ll have to scroll down.
>>> And there is more.
>>>
>>> Isn’t there a quick magic bootstrap trick to have it opening up when
>>> there is no room down ?
>>>

>>> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com <http://bsfez.com> <https://bsfez.com/>

> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com <https://bsfez.com/>

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki menu / login dropdown changed to dropup when there is no room down

Bernard Sfez-3
Hi Gary,

To be sure: http://chibaguy-342-6288.show.tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php (sorry I used your instance) ;)

The menu at the bottom (tiki menu) is not CSS ?
Dropdown slide below the screen and are not visible unless I scroll.

On 23 Feb 2017, at 03:25 , Gary Cunningham-Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Hi Bernard,

It was a Bootstrap menu (which is the default); I changed it to a CSS
menu so you can check again, and notice that the dropdowns slide up.

-- Gary