Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] Tiki Remote Instance Manager (TRIM): Revamp or incremental evolution? https://dev.tiki.org/TRIM+Revamp

Marc Laporte-3
Hi!

We need to improve:
* the management capabilities when running a large number of Tiki
instances (ex.: a web host, consulting firm or an organization that
has several Tiki instances in a Federation:
https://dev.tiki.org/Federation )
* the configuration management aspect (development, staging,
production, fail-over) of bigger projects

TRIM is already pretty powerful: http://doc.tiki.org/TRIM but more
features need to be added. Especially a web interface. Here is
proposal:
https://dev.tiki.org/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=210

Given:
1- The work ahead
2- New possibilities since TRIM started in 2008 (ex.: Symfony Console,
Composer, etc.),
3- This new requirement http://wikisuite.org/Orchestrator

I am wondering if it's time for a revolution or if we continue to
evolve on the same infrastructure. This would also involve some work
on setup.sh and console.php

Please share your thoughts and use cases at: https://dev.tiki.org/TRIM+Revamp

Thanks!

http://WikiSuite.org