[Tiki-devel] Tiki Remote Instance Manager (TRIM): Revamp or incremental evolution? https://dev.tiki.org/TRIM+Revamp

Marc Laporte-3
Hi!

We need to improve:
* the management capabilities when running a large number of Tiki
instances (ex.: a web host, consulting firm or an organization that
has several Tiki instances in a Federation:
https://dev.tiki.org/Federation )
* the configuration management aspect (development, staging,
production, fail-over) of bigger projects

TRIM is already pretty powerful: http://doc.tiki.org/TRIM but more
features need to be added. Especially a web interface. Here is
proposal:
https://dev.tiki.org/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=210

Given:
1- The work ahead
2- New possibilities since TRIM started in 2008 (ex.: Symfony Console,
Composer, etc.),
3- This new requirement http://wikisuite.org/Orchestrator

I am wondering if it's time for a revolution or if we continue to
evolve on the same infrastructure. This would also involve some work
on setup.sh and console.php

Please share your thoughts and use cases at: https://dev.tiki.org/TRIM+Revamp

Thanks!

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki Remote Instance Manager (TRIM): Revamp or incremental evolution? https://dev.tiki.org/TRIM+Revamp

Marc Laporte-3
Hi!

Thank you everyone that contributed to:
https://dev.tiki.org/TRIM+Revamp

We now have a clear set of goals / priorities and we now enter into the delicate phase of deciding what is the best way forward.

Please take one more look, specifically, if you have any insights on the other options here:
https://dev.tiki.org/TRIM+Revamp#Alternatives

Best regards,

M :-)

On Sunday, April 9, 2017, Marc Laporte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We need to improve:
> * the management capabilities when running a large number of Tiki
> instances (ex.: a web host, consulting firm or an organization that
> has several Tiki instances in a Federation:
> https://dev.tiki.org/Federation )
> * the configuration management aspect (development, staging,
> production, fail-over) of bigger projects
>
> TRIM is already pretty powerful: http://doc.tiki.org/TRIM but more
> features need to be added. Especially a web interface. Here is
> proposal:
> https://dev.tiki.org/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=210
>
> Given:
> 1- The work ahead
> 2- New possibilities since TRIM started in 2008 (ex.: Symfony Console,
> Composer, etc.),
> 3- This new requirement http://wikisuite.org/Orchestrator
>
> I am wondering if it's time for a revolution or if we continue to
> evolve on the same infrastructure. This would also involve some work
> on setup.sh and console.php
>
> Please share your thoughts and use cases at: https://dev.tiki.org/TRIM+Revamp
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Marc Laporte
>
> http://WikiSuite.org
> http://PluginProblems.com
> http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki Remote Instance Manager (TRIM): Revamp or incremental evolution? https://dev.tiki.org/TRIM+Revamp

Marc Laporte-3
Hi again!

Given the strategic importance for the future of Tiki, I have pushed
the analysis further with the existing solutions that are in PHP.
https://dev.tiki.org/Generic-PHP-app-deployment-tools-which-are-written-in-PHP

There are several compelling options. It's going to be a tricky choice!

Best regards,

M ;-)

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com