Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] Tiki Install language selection and direction

[Tiki-devel] Tiki Install language selection and direction

I’ve digging into the tiki-installer and multilingual (yeah hebrew :D)

When I use Tiki (bootstrapped) as soon as language "he" is detected the direction is set rightly for rtl.
Not with tiki-install.php.

I switch language at the start of the process, the html show the right language :

As soon as I set in the body style=" direction: rtl" all goes nicely (but the left col menu that stay left, but may be that something else).

Any expert with an idea to make tiki-install work like the rest of the Tiki ?

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki Install language selection and direction

luciash d' being

Make sure when the lang is changed that the

<link rel="stylesheet" href="vendor/morteza/bootstrap-rtl/dist/css/bootstrap-rtl.min.css" type="text/css" />

is included in the HTML head.

luci

On 5.2.2017 20:35, Bernard Sfez wrote:
Hello,

I’ve digging into the tiki-installer and multilingual (yeah hebrew :D)

When I use Tiki (bootstrapped) as soon as language "he" is detected the direction is set rightly for rtl.
Not with tiki-install.php.

I switch language at the start of the process, the html show the right language :

As soon as I set in the body style=" direction: rtl" all goes nicely (but the left col menu that stay left, but may be that something else).

Any expert with an idea to make tiki-install work like the rest of the Tiki ?

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki Install language selection and direction

Bernard Sfez-3
Thanks Lu,

I added : {if $prefs.language eq 'he'}<link rel="stylesheet" href="vendor/morteza/bootstrap-rtl/dist/css/bootstrap-rtl.min.css" type="text/css" />{/if}

At : templates/tiki-install_screens.tpl line 4
And it work, however this is not very elegant and will work only for hebrew and not all (the millions of) rtl languages. :)

1/ I see we have a "$isRTL" and also "$prefs.feature_bidi" that could be a better condition but I couldn’t figure how and if we can use it (Tiki is not set yet):
Any better idea about the condition ?

2/ Is it the place to set it ?

Bernard

On 6 Feb 2017, at 14:16 , luciash <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

How to check if "$isRTL" is available on install ? (the good old Tiki debugger ?)

Else I understand I have a green light for a on this.
"{if $prefs.language eq 'he or ar or…'}"

Thanks
Bernard

On 16 Feb 2017, at 14:38 , luciash <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Jonny Bradley-4

Nooooooooo! :)

How about r61318 instead? ;)

jb

> On 17 Feb 2017, at 06:58, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> How to check if "$isRTL" is available on install ? (the good old Tiki debugger ?)
>
> Else I understand I have a green light for a on this.
> "{if $prefs.language eq 'he or ar or…'}"
>
> Thanks
> Bernard
>

>> On 16 Feb 2017, at 14:38 , luciash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> $isRTL sounds good but if it is not available at the install time, just add the other (millions ;)) of RTL languages in the condition as or .. or .. or :)
>>
>> luci
>>
>> On 16.2.2017 10:40, Bernard Sfez wrote:
>>> Bump…

>>> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki Install language selection and direction

luciash d' being
Looks good to me :)

https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/61318/