Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] Tiki Features jQ Slideshow

On the Admin => Tiki Features page, General tab I see:

Slideshow (jQuery.s5)
Slideshow (jQuery.s5) PDF Export

I’m not sure exactly what these does but shouldn’t it moved to the Interface tab ?

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki Features jQ Slideshow

Marc Laporte-3
It does a slideshow: https://doc.tiki.org/JQS5

I think it's a distinct feature.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 4:02 AM, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On the Admin => Tiki Features page, General tab I see:
>
> Slideshow (jQuery.s5)
> Slideshow (jQuery.s5) PDF Export
>
> I’m not sure exactly what these does but shouldn’t it moved to the Interface
> tab ?
>

> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki Features jQ Slideshow

Bernard Sfez-3
Hello

On 25 Mar 2017, at 00:03 , Marc Laporte <[hidden email]> wrote:

It does a slideshow: https://doc.tiki.org/JQS5

Slideshow (jQuery.s5)
The demo show an interface that is a bit 90s and not very user-friendly (IMO).

Slideshow (jQuery.s5) PDF Export
Seems to be the same feature with the option to export the page in PDF format (it didn’t work here)

I think we have better Slideshow running already.
If we keep them they should be moved to the interface tab.

Bernard

I think it's a distinct feature.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 4:02 AM, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

On the Admin => Tiki Features page, General tab I see:

Slideshow (jQuery.s5)
Slideshow (jQuery.s5) PDF Export

I’m not sure exactly what these does but shouldn’t it moved to the Interface
tab ?

Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki Features jQ Slideshow

Bernard Sfez-3
Any new input on this ?

I feel like moving Slideshow (jQuery.s5) checkbox from tab "Feature" to tab "Interface" (like other related) and Slideshow (jQuery.s5) PDF Export as a sub section of Slideshow (jQuery.s5) for clarity.

Note: The export to PDF function doesn’t work in Tiki17 and is tagged as experimental.

On 28 Mar 2017, at 17:24 , Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Brendan Ferguson
While,

I looked through the revision comments, and see that in 2015 there was an attempt to fix this from john bradley, but there seemed at that point to be multiple issues.

Im all in favour of removing non-working features unless there is someone willing to fix it. If its experimental, and work has been abandon on it, I feel very strongly that it should be removed.

So

+1 to moving to subset if we keep it.
or
+1 for removal candidate for tiki 18 (maybe 17?) Assuming someone does not setup up to fix this functionality.

Brendan

On Apr 17, 2017, at 2:40 AM, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

H5P (new in Tiki17) has a presentation feature with layout options but I don't know yet how to re-use Tiki content.

Do we keep both? Can we migrate / converge?

Once that is clear, mPDF will become the way to generate PDFs from slideshows, and to avoid maintenance overhead, mPDF will be removed.

I have no objection if someone removed mPDF before that but I didn't want to make that decision in case someone was using it.

Best regards,

M :-)

p.s. This one is impressive: https://h5p.org/interactive-video

On Monday, April 17, 2017, Brendan Ferguson <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;drsassafras@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">drsassafras@...> wrote:
[...]

oups, correction:

Once that is clear, __mPDF__ will become the way to generate PDFs from
slideshows, and to avoid maintenance overhead, __dompdf__ will be
removed.

More info:
1- One use case for getting PDFs from slideshows:
https://dev.tiki.org/Tiki+Slideshow+used+in+BigBlueButton

2- And in WikiSuite Openfire Meetings can read PDFs vis PDF.js:
http://wikisuite.org/Openfire-Meetings

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Marc Laporte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>

>> Slideshow (jQuery.s5)
>> https://doc.tiki.org/tiki-slideshow.php?page=ExampleSlideShow
>> The demo show an interface that is a bit 90s and not very user-friendly
>> (IMO).
>>
>> Slideshow (jQuery.s5) PDF Export
>> Seems to be the same feature with the option to export the page in PDF
>> format (it didn’t work here)
>>
>> I think we have better Slideshow running already.
>> If we keep them they should be moved to the interface tab.
>>
>> Bernard
>>

>> I think it's a distinct feature.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 4:02 AM, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On the Admin => Tiki Features page, General tab I see:
>>
>> Slideshow (jQuery.s5)
>> Slideshow (jQuery.s5) PDF Export
>>
>> I’m not sure exactly what these does but shouldn’t it moved to the

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki Features jQ Slideshow

Dear all interested, here a quick summary;

What is clear:
- Slideshow (jQuery.s5) is working (<a href="http://avan.tech/show:UQAM Openfire Meetings" class="">http://avan.tech/show:UQAM%20Openfire%20Meetings)
- HP5 is awesome and can do (advanced) slideshow
- mPDF will become the way to generate PDFs
- dompdf is to be removed

What is not decided yet:
- Do we keep Slideshow (jQuery.s5) and HP5
- When we remove dompdf

What is not clear:
- Does Slideshow (jQuery.s5) PDF Export work (I can’t find or set a working demo).

Questions waiting for a decision (speak out!):
- Can we move Slideshow (jQuery.s5) checkbox from Admin => Features => Features to Admin => Features => Interface ?
- If Slideshow (jQuery.s5) PDF Export is not working can we add it in the candidate for removal list ?

On Monday, April 17, 2017, Brendan Ferguson <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','drsassafras@gmail.com');" target="_blank" class="">drsassafras@...> wrote:
[...]

luciash d' being

Hi Bernard,

On 19.4.2017 12:45, Bernard Sfez wrote:
Questions waiting for a decision (speak out!):
- Can we move Slideshow (jQuery.s5) checkbox from Admin => Features => Features to Admin => Features => Interface ?

IMHO it is not interface. It is presentational output for wiki pages - something like "Print" or "Export" - it should be somewhere on Wiki control panel.

- If Slideshow (jQuery.s5) PDF Export is not working can we add it in the candidate for removal list ?

+1 (or fix it by replacing dompdf with mPDF)