[Tiki-devel] Tiki 18.0 release planning: please make sure all your developments are stable in trunk at the latest for the beginning of October 2017 (2 months from now)

[Tiki-devel] Tiki 18.0 release planning: please make sure all your developments are stable in trunk at the latest for the beginning of October 2017 (2 months from now)

Marc Laporte-3
Hi!

Tiki 18.0 is normally planned for October 2017, but since Tiki17 was
late, we’ll release in November 2017, with the goal that Tiki19 is
back on schedule. Branching will happen on October 10th, 2017 (The day
Tiki turns 15 years old!)

It will be one of the shortest release cycles ever. This gives us a
little over 2 months of development time.

This being said, Tiki18 will have quite a few new and enhanced features:
1- Several things, like Packages, are already in trunk:
https://doc.tiki.org/Tiki18
2- We have a backlog of things that were waiting for 17.0 to be out
and for trunk to open up.
3- Many more things are planned: https://dev.tiki.org/Tiki18 (please
share any plans you have)

So everyone, please make sure all your developments are stable in
trunk at the latest for the beginning of October 2017, so we can
branch on time, and proceed to a timely and orderly release. And we
can then start work on Tiki 19.

Let's all keep an eye on the pre-dogfood servers as proof that trunk
is stable, and so we may upgrade all our *.tiki.org sites soon after
the 18.x branch is created.
https://tiki.org/Pre-Dogfood-Server

Recommended reading: https://trunkbaseddevelopment.com/

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 18.0 release planning: please make sure all your developments are stable in trunk at the latest for the beginning of October 2017 (2 months from now)

Jonny Bradley-4

Thanks Marc, should be fun (but also a busy summer!)

jonny

> On 1 Aug 2017, at 15:23, Marc Laporte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> Tiki 18.0 is normally planned for October 2017, but since Tiki17 was
> late, we’ll release in November 2017, with the goal that Tiki19 is
> back on schedule. Branching will happen on October 10th, 2017 (The day
> Tiki turns 15 years old!)
>
> It will be one of the shortest release cycles ever. This gives us a
> little over 2 months of development time.
>
> This being said, Tiki18 will have quite a few new and enhanced features:
> 1- Several things, like Packages, are already in trunk:
> https://doc.tiki.org/Tiki18
> 2- We have a backlog of things that were waiting for 17.0 to be out
> and for trunk to open up.
> 3- Many more things are planned: https://dev.tiki.org/Tiki18 (please
> share any plans you have)
>

> So everyone, please make sure all your developments are stable in
> trunk at the latest for the beginning of October 2017, so we can
> branch on time, and proceed to a timely and orderly release. And we
> can then start work on Tiki 19.
>
> Let's all keep an eye on the pre-dogfood servers as proof that trunk
> is stable, and so we may upgrade all our *.tiki.org sites soon after
> the 18.x branch is created.
> https://tiki.org/Pre-Dogfood-Server
>

> Recommended reading: https://trunkbaseddevelopment.com/
>
> Best regards,
>

> --
> Marc Laporte
>
> http://WikiSuite.org
> http://PluginProblems.com
> http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 18.0 release planning: please make sure all your developments are stable in trunk at the latest for the beginning of October 2017 (2 months from now)

Thanks Marc for the summary,

just a question regarding Packages feature. On
https://doc.tiki.org/Tiki17?latest=1#Intrusion_Detection_System it is
listed as new feature for Tiki 17 but in fact you need Tiki 18 as
described on https://doc.tiki.org/Intrusion-Detection-System to install
it? Or how is it working in Tiki 17?

luci

Dne 1.8.2017 v 16:23 Marc Laporte napsal(a):

> Hi!
>
> Tiki 18.0 is normally planned for October 2017, but since Tiki17 was
> late, we’ll release in November 2017, with the goal that Tiki19 is
> back on schedule. Branching will happen on October 10th, 2017 (The day
> Tiki turns 15 years old!)
>
> It will be one of the shortest release cycles ever. This gives us a
> little over 2 months of development time.
>
> This being said, Tiki18 will have quite a few new and enhanced features:
> 1- Several things, like Packages, are already in trunk:
> https://doc.tiki.org/Tiki18
> 2- We have a backlog of things that were waiting for 17.0 to be out
> and for trunk to open up.
> 3- Many more things are planned: https://dev.tiki.org/Tiki18 (please
> share any plans you have)
>

> So everyone, please make sure all your developments are stable in
> trunk at the latest for the beginning of October 2017, so we can
> branch on time, and proceed to a timely and orderly release. And we
> can then start work on Tiki 19.
>
> Let's all keep an eye on the pre-dogfood servers as proof that trunk
> is stable, and so we may upgrade all our *.tiki.org sites soon after
> the 18.x branch is created.
> https://tiki.org/Pre-Dogfood-Server
>

> Recommended reading: https://trunkbaseddevelopment.com/
>
> Best regards,

---
Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 18.0 release planning: please make sure all your developments are stable in trunk at the latest for the beginning of October 2017 (2 months from now)

Marc Laporte-3
Good point. There is something not quite right.

The IDS code was added to Tiki17 (There is a pref) but is does report: "Missing package: enygma/expose"

Ricardo explained that: "enygma/expose is not part of the vendor_bundled, but the user can install on demand. The key reason is that it depends on twig that adds a lot of extra space with no benefit (I’m thinking to try a contribution to the upstream project to remove that dependency or to move to optional)"

So maybe it should be experimental in 17.x and we instruct folks to install via Composer? (like we did for mPDF because Packages)

Best regards,

M :-)