[Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

12

[Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi all

Well, finally we have managed to release 17.0 at last!

The tarballs are here: (but...)

        https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_Zeta_Bootis/17.0/

...but, that folder is set to be "staging" for three days while we test. I'm not 100% sure what the means, but presumably you have to be logged into sf.net as a release person (or something) to be able to see them.

So, they are also available for preview here:

        https://release.tiki.org/download/17.0/

Use "release" for the username and password to get in.

I checked the bz2 file and it seems ok, although the featured profiles refused to install, maybe because we have a new YAML parser now? Some of the little ones did install ok, so i think we need to fork the featured (still 12.x) profiles and make new, working 17.x ones.

Meanwhile, i'll try and get it to emit an error if there's is a parsing problem to help that process.

Anyway, please do test test test and let us know if there's anything really bad in there, the staging tarballs will go live on Sunday (the 30th) i guess if we don't tell it not to. Otherwise we are all GO 17!

Any other small bugs please report in the usual way :)

Thanks to all at the RT meeting today for the support and testing and friendly chat! (and star for 17.x, Gary ;)
The recording will be available at https://tiki.org/live#BBB_current_Recordings soon.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

luciash d' being
Thanks heaps, Jonny and everyone who participated!

luci

On 27.7.2017 19:11, Jonny Bradley wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Well, finally we have managed to release 17.0 at last!
>
> The tarballs are here: (but...)
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_Zeta_Bootis/17.0/
>
> ...but, that folder is set to be "staging" for three days while we test. I'm not 100% sure what the means, but presumably you have to be logged into sf.net as a release person (or something) to be able to see them.
>
> So, they are also available for preview here:
>
> https://release.tiki.org/download/17.0/
>
> Use "release" for the username and password to get in.
>
> I checked the bz2 file and it seems ok, although the featured profiles refused to install, maybe because we have a new YAML parser now? Some of the little ones did install ok, so i think we need to fork the featured (still 12.x) profiles and make new, working 17.x ones.
>
> Meanwhile, i'll try and get it to emit an error if there's is a parsing problem to help that process.
>
> Anyway, please do test test test and let us know if there's anything really bad in there, the staging tarballs will go live on Sunday (the 30th) i guess if we don't tell it not to. Otherwise we are all GO 17!
>
> Any other small bugs please report in the usual way :)
>
> Thanks to all at the RT meeting today for the support and testing and friendly chat! (and star for 17.x, Gary ;)
> The recording will be available at https://tiki.org/live#BBB_current_Recordings soon.
>
> jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

Sadly lot of profiles do not install in 17.x or install just partly (for
example the https://profiles.tiki.org/User_Profile one) due to the YAML
parser change I presume...

Is there any chance to review what changes need to be done to make them
fully installable in 17.x?

luci

On 27.7.2017 19:11, Jonny Bradley wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Well, finally we have managed to release 17.0 at last!
>
> The tarballs are here: (but...)
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_Zeta_Bootis/17.0/
>
> ...but, that folder is set to be "staging" for three days while we test. I'm not 100% sure what the means, but presumably you have to be logged into sf.net as a release person (or something) to be able to see them.
>
> So, they are also available for preview here:
>
> https://release.tiki.org/download/17.0/
>
> Use "release" for the username and password to get in.
>
> I checked the bz2 file and it seems ok, although the featured profiles refused to install, maybe because we have a new YAML parser now? Some of the little ones did install ok, so i think we need to fork the featured (still 12.x) profiles and make new, working 17.x ones.
>
> Meanwhile, i'll try and get it to emit an error if there's is a parsing problem to help that process.
>
> Anyway, please do test test test and let us know if there's anything really bad in there, the staging tarballs will go live on Sunday (the 30th) i guess if we don't tell it not to. Otherwise we are all GO 17!
>
> Any other small bugs please report in the usual way :)
>
> Thanks to all at the RT meeting today for the support and testing and friendly chat! (and star for 17.x, Gary ;)
> The recording will be available at https://tiki.org/live#BBB_current_Recordings soon.
>
> jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

luciash d' being

Not sure it is the parser fault actually...

I have just now tried to go more gradually and tried to install only one tracker field profile:

https://profiles.tiki.org/User_Tracker_avatar_field

There is error reported after applying the profile on top of the Profiles control panel:

The following list of changes has been applied:

  • Applying profile: User_Tracker_avatar_field

  • Added (or modified): wiki_page "Avatar TPL"

  • An error occurred: Column 'isHidden' cannot be null

But I do not see anything specified about "isHidden" in that profile YAML code.

Any clues?

luci

On 28.7.2017 16:42, luciash wrote:
[...]

Just for the record, this one more simple one installed successfully:

https://profiles.tiki.org/User_Tracker_about_field

luci

On 28.7.2017 16:51, luciash wrote:

[...]

I downloaded the 7z archive and installed it on Windows 8 and XAMPP 5.6.30, using InnoDB, in French. The only issue is a quiet failure when trying to install profile Community_Intranet_12x.

Many thanks to Jonny and all other contributors

OK,

turns out the new YAML parser does not like empty (null) values (while the old one simply ignored them). When I removed them the profile installs successfully:

https://profiles.tiki.org/tiki-pagehistory.php?page=User_Tracker_avatar_field&history_offset=1&diff_style=sidediff&diff_style=sidediff&show_all_versions=y&compare=Compare&newver=0&oldver=5&tra_lang=sq&paginate=on&history_pagesize=25

[...]

Victor Emanouilov

Hi Luci,

I remember having similar problem with a profile and the new parser. Will dig more to see how did we fix it and report back. Probably on Monday...

Regards,
Victor

On 07/28/2017 09:36 PM, luciash wrote:

[...]

Ricardo Melo
Hi,

If I remember correctly, if you fix the profiles to work with the new parser, then they work with the old one.

Ricardo

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I checked the User_Tracker_avatar_field profile and see a problem specifying:

- visible:

Visible is a property that is converted via map of values:

'public' => 'n',
'admin_only' => 'y',
'admin_editable' => 'p',
'admin_editable_after' => 'a',
'creator_editable' => 'c',
'immutable' => 'i',

By default, it is public. So, if you don't have 'visible' property of a tracker field at all, it will be public. If you have one, it must be one from the list. Omitting the value means that the system will try to save it as null in db which triggers the error.

The reason why old parser worked is probably because it (incorrectly) ignored keys without any values, thus profiles were using this incorrect behaviour to leave keys with empty values when they shouldn't. From logical point of view, parsing a key with empty value into PHP should result in an array entry where the key is present but the value is null. I think it is incorrect to simply ignore that key. If we want to ignore that key, why do we enter it in the profile yaml at all?

I hope it is not too hard to fix those failing profiles with either removing keys that should be using default values or specifying their intended values.

Regards,
Victor

On 07/30/2017 05:00 PM, Ricardo Melo wrote:
[...]

Hi Victor

That makes sense, but is there any sign of an exception we could present to the user? Even saying which table was involved would help track down these issues faster.

I'll also try and take a look later... have added some in the past ;)

jonny

> On 31 Jul 2017, at 07:44, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Luci,
>
> I checked the User_Tracker_avatar_field profile and see a problem specifying:
>
> - visible:
>
> Visible is a property that is converted via map of values:
>
> 'public' => 'n',
> 'admin_only' => 'y',
> 'admin_editable' => 'p',
> 'admin_editable_after' => 'a',
> 'creator_editable' => 'c',
> 'immutable' => 'i',
>
> By default, it is public. So, if you don't have 'visible' property of a tracker field at all, it will be public. If you have one, it must be one from the list. Omitting the value means that the system will try to save it as null in db which triggers the error.
>
> The reason why old parser worked is probably because it (incorrectly) ignored keys without any values, thus profiles were using this incorrect behaviour to leave keys with empty values when they shouldn't. From logical point of view, parsing a key with empty value into PHP should result in an array entry where the key is present but the value is null. I think it is incorrect to simply ignore that key. If we want to ignore that key, why do we enter it in the profile yaml at all?
>
> I hope it is not too hard to fix those failing profiles with either removing keys that should be using default values or specifying their intended values.
>
> Regards,
> Victor
>
> On 07/30/2017 05:00 PM, Ricardo Melo wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've noticed that in the past, example: https://profiles.tiki.org/tiki-pagehistory.php?page=Execute%20on%20List&compare=1&oldver=22&newver=23
>>
>> If I remember correctly, if you fix the profiles to work with the new parser, then they work with the old one.
>>
>> Ricardo
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Luci,
>>
>> I remember having similar problem with a profile and the new parser. Will dig more to see how did we fix it and report back. Probably on Monday...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Victor
>>
>> On 07/28/2017 09:36 PM, luciash wrote:
>>> OK,
>>>
>>> turns out the new YAML parser does not like empty (null) values (while the old one simply ignored them). When I removed them the profile installs successfully:
>>>
>>> https://profiles.tiki.org/tiki-pagehistory.php?page=User_Tracker_avatar_field&history_offset=1&diff_style=sidediff&diff_style=sidediff&show_all_versions=y&compare=Compare&newver=0&oldver=5&tra_lang=sq&paginate=on&history_pagesize=25
>>>
>>> luci

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

So it looks like the three days of staging are up and Tiki 17.0 is avialbel for public download here:

    https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_Zeta_Bootis/17.0/

Thanks Chealer for testing, presumably if there was something catastrophically wrong with it someone would have spotted it by now hopefully, so i guess it's time for the trumpets and so on!?

Thanks all

jonny

> On 27 Jul 2017, at 18:11, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> Well, finally we have managed to release 17.0 at last!
>
> The tarballs are here: (but...)
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_Zeta_Bootis/17.0/
>
> ...but, that folder is set to be "staging" for three days while we test. I'm not 100% sure what the means, but presumably you have to be logged into sf.net as a release person (or something) to be able to see them.
>
> So, they are also available for preview here:
>
> https://release.tiki.org/download/17.0/
>
> Use "release" for the username and password to get in.
>
> I checked the bz2 file and it seems ok, although the featured profiles refused to install, maybe because we have a new YAML parser now? Some of the little ones did install ok, so i think we need to fork the featured (still 12.x) profiles and make new, working 17.x ones.
>
> Meanwhile, i'll try and get it to emit an error if there's is a parsing problem to help that process.
>
> Anyway, please do test test test and let us know if there's anything really bad in there, the staging tarballs will go live on Sunday (the 30th) i guess if we don't tell it not to. Otherwise we are all GO 17!
>
> Any other small bugs please report in the usual way :)
>
> Thanks to all at the RT meeting today for the support and testing and friendly chat! (and star for 17.x, Gary ;)
> The recording will be available at https://tiki.org/live#BBB_current_Recordings soon.
>
> jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

jmorris
Those tiki 17 files are empty at sourceforge.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

By the way, these are the things that need doing now :)

    https://dev.tiki.org/How+to+release#Admin_panel_update_notifier

I'll do that one (update notifiers), but any volunteers for the wiki page updates etc? :)

TIA

jb

> On 31 Jul 2017, at 10:29, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> So it looks like the three days of staging are up and Tiki 17.0 is avialbel for public download here:
>
>    https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_Zeta_Bootis/17.0/
>
> Thanks Chealer for testing, presumably if there was something catastrophically wrong with it someone would have spotted it by now hopefully, so i guess it's time for the trumpets and so on!?
>
> Thanks all
>
> jonny
>

>> On 27 Jul 2017, at 18:11, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Well, finally we have managed to release 17.0 at last!
>>
>> The tarballs are here: (but...)
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_Zeta_Bootis/17.0/
>>
>> ...but, that folder is set to be "staging" for three days while we test. I'm not 100% sure what the means, but presumably you have to be logged into sf.net as a release person (or something) to be able to see them.
>>
>> So, they are also available for preview here:
>>
>> https://release.tiki.org/download/17.0/
>>
>> Use "release" for the username and password to get in.
>>
>> I checked the bz2 file and it seems ok, although the featured profiles refused to install, maybe because we have a new YAML parser now? Some of the little ones did install ok, so i think we need to fork the featured (still 12.x) profiles and make new, working 17.x ones.
>>
>> Meanwhile, i'll try and get it to emit an error if there's is a parsing problem to help that process.
>>
>> Anyway, please do test test test and let us know if there's anything really bad in there, the staging tarballs will go live on Sunday (the 30th) i guess if we don't tell it not to. Otherwise we are all GO 17!
>>
>> Any other small bugs please report in the usual way :)
>>
>> Thanks to all at the RT meeting today for the support and testing and friendly chat! (and star for 17.x, Gary ;)
>> The recording will be available at https://tiki.org/live#BBB_current_Recordings soon.
>>
>> jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

I guess a release announcement in Russian would help if we want to incite the relevant government to lend us their Trump pet.
Which would be an absolute guarantee to have Tiki 17 covered by every Canadian newscast.

Unfortunately beyond my skills!

> Thanks all
>
> jonny
>

> > On 27 Jul 2017, at 18:11, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all
> >
> > Well, finally we have managed to release 17.0 at last!
> >
> > The tarballs are here: (but...)
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_Zeta_Bootis/17.0/
> >
> > ...but, that folder is set to be "staging" for three days while we test. I'm not 100% sure what the
> means, but presumably you have to be logged into sf.net as a release person (or something) to be
> able to see them.
> >
> > So, they are also available for preview here:
> >
> > https://release.tiki.org/download/17.0/
> >
> > Use "release" for the username and password to get in.
> >
> > I checked the bz2 file and it seems ok, although the featured profiles refused to install, maybe
> because we have a new YAML parser now? Some of the little ones did install ok, so i think we need to
> fork the featured (still 12.x) profiles and make new, working 17.x ones.
> >
> > Meanwhile, i'll try and get it to emit an error if there's is a parsing problem to help that process.
> >
> > Anyway, please do test test test and let us know if there's anything really bad in there, the staging
> tarballs will go live on Sunday (the 30th) i guess if we don't tell it not to. Otherwise we are all GO 17!
> >
> > Any other small bugs please report in the usual way :)
> >
> > Thanks to all at the RT meeting today for the support and testing and friendly chat! (and star for 17.x,
> Gary ;)
> > The recording will be available at https://tiki.org/live#BBB_current_Recordings soon.
> >
> > jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

I set the default download at SF (as per
https://dev.tiki.org/How+to+release#Default_Download_at_Sf.net ) and
updated https://tiki.org/Download, and "published"
tiki.org/Article447-Tiki-17-0-released . But I didn't edit any dev.t.o
pages or contact any third parties.

-- Gary

On 7/31/2017 10:42 PM, Jonny Bradley wrote:

> By the way, these are the things that need doing now :)
>
>      https://dev.tiki.org/How+to+release#Admin_panel_update_notifier
>
> I'll do that one (update notifiers), but any volunteers for the wiki page updates etc? :)
>
> TIA
>
> jb
>

>> On 31 Jul 2017, at 10:29, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> So it looks like the three days of staging are up and Tiki 17.0 is avialbel for public download here:
>>
>>     https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_Zeta_Bootis/17.0/
>>
>> Thanks Chealer for testing, presumably if there was something catastrophically wrong with it someone would have spotted it by now hopefully, so i guess it's time for the trumpets and so on!?
>>
>> Thanks all
>>
>> jonny
>>

>>> On 27 Jul 2017, at 18:11, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Well, finally we have managed to release 17.0 at last!
>>>
>>> The tarballs are here: (but...)
>>>
>>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_Zeta_Bootis/17.0/
>>>
>>> ...but, that folder is set to be "staging" for three days while we test. I'm not 100% sure what the means, but presumably you have to be logged into sf.net as a release person (or something) to be able to see them.
>>>
>>> So, they are also available for preview here:
>>>
>>> https://release.tiki.org/download/17.0/
>>>
>>> Use "release" for the username and password to get in.
>>>
>>> I checked the bz2 file and it seems ok, although the featured profiles refused to install, maybe because we have a new YAML parser now? Some of the little ones did install ok, so i think we need to fork the featured (still 12.x) profiles and make new, working 17.x ones.
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, i'll try and get it to emit an error if there's is a parsing problem to help that process.
>>>
>>> Anyway, please do test test test and let us know if there's anything really bad in there, the staging tarballs will go live on Sunday (the 30th) i guess if we don't tell it not to. Otherwise we are all GO 17!
>>>
>>> Any other small bugs please report in the usual way :)
>>>
>>> Thanks to all at the RT meeting today for the support and testing and friendly chat! (and star for 17.x, Gary ;)
>>> The recording will be available at https://tiki.org/live#BBB_current_Recordings soon.
>>>
>>> jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

Gary Cunningham-Lee
But I'm not sure why the new article isn't appearing on tiki.org/news
(wiki page with articles plugin, in "info" perspective), although it
appears on https://tiki.org/articles (tiki-view_articles.php with
default perspective.

On 8/1/2017 2:47 PM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:

> I set the default download at SF (as per
> https://dev.tiki.org/How+to+release#Default_Download_at_Sf.net ) and
> updated https://tiki.org/Download, and "published"
> tiki.org/Article447-Tiki-17-0-released . But I didn't edit any dev.t.o
> pages or contact any third parties.
>
> -- Gary
>
> On 7/31/2017 10:42 PM, Jonny Bradley wrote:
>>
>> By the way, these are the things that need doing now :)
>>
>>      https://dev.tiki.org/How+to+release#Admin_panel_update_notifier
>>
>> I'll do that one (update notifiers), but any volunteers for the wiki
>> page updates etc? :)
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> jb
>>

>>> On 31 Jul 2017, at 10:29, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> So it looks like the three days of staging are up and Tiki 17.0 is
>>> avialbel for public download here:
>>>

>>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_Zeta_Bootis/17.0/
>>>

>>> Thanks Chealer for testing, presumably if there was something
>>> catastrophically wrong with it someone would have spotted it by now
>>> hopefully, so i guess it's time for the trumpets and so on!?
>>>
>>> Thanks all
>>>
>>> jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

luciash d' being
You just need to categorize it in "areas" > "infomation_tiki_org".

Done.

luci

On 1.8.2017 8:08, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:

> But I'm not sure why the new article isn't appearing on tiki.org/news
> (wiki page with articles plugin, in "info" perspective), although it
> appears on https://tiki.org/articles (tiki-view_articles.php with
> default perspective.
>
> On 8/1/2017 2:47 PM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:
>> I set the default download at SF (as per
>> https://dev.tiki.org/How+to+release#Default_Download_at_Sf.net ) and
>> updated https://tiki.org/Download, and "published"
>> tiki.org/Article447-Tiki-17-0-released . But I didn't edit any
>> dev.t.o pages or contact any third parties.
>>
>> -- Gary
>>
>> On 7/31/2017 10:42 PM, Jonny Bradley wrote:
>>>
>>> By the way, these are the things that need doing now :)
>>>
>>> https://dev.tiki.org/How+to+release#Admin_panel_update_notifier
>>>
>>> I'll do that one (update notifiers), but any volunteers for the wiki
>>> page updates etc? :)
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> jb

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

Gary Cunningham-Lee
Oh, thanks. Is this documented anywhere?

On 8/1/2017 5:38 PM, luciash wrote:

> You just need to categorize it in "areas" > "infomation_tiki_org".
>
> Done.
>
> luci
>

> On 1.8.2017 8:08, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:
>> But I'm not sure why the new article isn't appearing on tiki.org/news
>> (wiki page with articles plugin, in "info" perspective), although it
>> appears on https://tiki.org/articles (tiki-view_articles.php with
>> default perspective.
>>
>> On 8/1/2017 2:47 PM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:
>>> I set the default download at SF (as per
>>> https://dev.tiki.org/How+to+release#Default_Download_at_Sf.net ) and
>>> updated https://tiki.org/Download, and "published"
>>> tiki.org/Article447-Tiki-17-0-released . But I didn't edit any
>>> dev.t.o pages or contact any third parties.
>>>
>>> -- Gary

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tiki 17.0 release (woo!)

luciash d' being
Nope, AFAIK.

On 1.8.2017 11:17, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:

> Oh, thanks. Is this documented anywhere?
>

> On 8/1/2017 5:38 PM, luciash wrote:
>> You just need to categorize it in "areas" > "infomation_tiki_org".
>>
>> Done.
>>
>> luci
>>

>> On 1.8.2017 8:08, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:
>>> But I'm not sure why the new article isn't appearing on
>>> tiki.org/news (wiki page with articles plugin, in "info"
>>> perspective), although it appears on https://tiki.org/articles
>>> (tiki-view_articles.php with default perspective.

12