[Tiki-devel] Tiki 16.2 File Gallery: oddities with what actions are available to different users

[Tiki-devel] Tiki 16.2 File Gallery: oddities with what actions are available to different users

Geoff - Enmore Services

Hi – just thought I would flag up to everyone that there seems to be some inconsistencies in what Actions are available to users with different permissions in File Galleries ie when the ‘wrench’ icon is left clicked in the File Gallery table listing.

For example, users with tiki_p_upload_files permission can upload a file to a gallery but are not subsequently shown the ‘Upload new version’ option.

Also a user with both Upload and Download permissions ought to be able to ‘Lock’ and ‘Download and Lock’ if the Gallery has the Lock option set on – but neither option is shown unless the user has tiki_p_edit_gallery_file permission – which doesn’t make sense.

A quick look suggests that fgal_context_menu.tpl will need quite a few changes and I don’t know how far back this goes – so I will go back and look at what Tiki12 does but from memory this was all reasonably consistent then.

Thoughts from anyone else ?

More soon hopefully

geoff

No virus found in this message.