[Tiki-devel] Tabs

lindon-4
I’m a little confused and behind on what the current method is to set the tab the a page will open up on. For instance, for tiki-admingroups.php, the page should open on the first tab normally, but should open on the second tab when a group has been selected. The PHP in that file uses $cookietab and setcookie, but it doesn’t seem like that really makes a difference. What should be set within the php file to have the page open on a certain tab?

Also, when setting links on that page, what is the best url parameter to use to refresh the page to a certain tab?
Thanks,
lindon

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tabs

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi Lindon,

Good point, this should have been cleared up ages ago - but firstly thanks for tablesorterizing the group admin page :)

It should be (i think) setting the var $cookietab which is picked up in lib/smarty_tiki/block.tab.php:69 which should then set the class of that tab to active (and set a section value in the cookie called "tabs" to that value).

Hmm, but i agree it seems to be a bit borken now :(

So the lines with setcookie('tab', $cookietab); and $smarty->assign('cookietab', $cookietab); should be removed everywhere (actually, i'll do that now... ok, done in r61507 so please (everyone) keep an eye out for tab bugs ;).

It seems that when editing a group it was being taken to tab 3 if the group had any members, which maybe was what seemed wrong, so i removed that and it seems to make sense to me now - click a group name you get tab 2

Regarding returning to a specific tab usually all you need to do is add cookietab=1 to the url (e.g. tiki-admingroups.php?group=Registered&cookietab=1), or, in this case, just remove the group name param from the return url and it should show the list, but i'm afraid i can't work out how to do that with the confirm dialog service thingies going on here now :)

HTH

jonny

> On 5 Mar 2017, at 14:19, lindon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’m a little confused and behind on what the current method is to set the tab the a page will open up on. For instance, for tiki-admingroups.php, the page should open on the first tab normally, but should open on the second tab when a group has been selected. The PHP in that file uses $cookietab and setcookie, but it doesn’t seem like that really makes a difference. What should be set within the php file to have the page open on a certain tab?
>
> Also, when setting links on that page, what is the best url parameter to use to refresh the page to a certain tab?
> Thanks,
> lindon

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tabs

lindon-4
Many thanks Jonny! I think I’ve got it and thanks for the quick cleanup.

By the way, I created a jQuery goToTabs function that does what the tikitabs function does, except for bootstrap tabs instead of jQuery tabs. I didn’t see another easy way to do this but let me know if this is redundant.
Regards,
lindon

> On Mar 5, 2017, at 12:58 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Lindon,
>
> Good point, this should have been cleared up ages ago - but firstly thanks for tablesorterizing the group admin page :)
>
> It should be (i think) setting the var $cookietab which is picked up in lib/smarty_tiki/block.tab.php:69 which should then set the class of that tab to active (and set a section value in the cookie called "tabs" to that value).
>
> Hmm, but i agree it seems to be a bit borken now :(
>
> So the lines with setcookie('tab', $cookietab); and $smarty->assign('cookietab', $cookietab); should be removed everywhere (actually, i'll do that now... ok, done in r61507 so please (everyone) keep an eye out for tab bugs ;).
>
> It seems that when editing a group it was being taken to tab 3 if the group had any members, which maybe was what seemed wrong, so i removed that and it seems to make sense to me now - click a group name you get tab 2
>
> Regarding returning to a specific tab usually all you need to do is add cookietab=1 to the url (e.g. tiki-admingroups.php?group=Registered&cookietab=1), or, in this case, just remove the group name param from the return url and it should show the list, but i'm afraid i can't work out how to do that with the confirm dialog service thingies going on here now :)
>
> HTH
>
> jonny
>

>> On 5 Mar 2017, at 14:19, lindon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I’m a little confused and behind on what the current method is to set the tab the a page will open up on. For instance, for tiki-admingroups.php, the page should open on the first tab normally, but should open on the second tab when a group has been selected. The PHP in that file uses $cookietab and setcookie, but it doesn’t seem like that really makes a difference. What should be set within the php file to have the page open on a certain tab?
>>
>> Also, when setting links on that page, what is the best url parameter to use to refresh the page to a certain tab?
>> Thanks,
>> lindon

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tabs

Jonny Bradley-4

Thanks Lindon too, i was just wondering though, why does goToTabs return false when it (probably) succeeded?

jonny

> On 5 Mar 2017, at 22:20, lindon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Many thanks Jonny! I think I’ve got it and thanks for the quick cleanup.
>
> By the way, I created a jQuery goToTabs function that does what the tikitabs function does, except for bootstrap tabs instead of jQuery tabs. I didn’t see another easy way to do this but let me know if this is redundant.
> Regards,
> lindon
>

>> On Mar 5, 2017, at 12:58 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Lindon,
>>
>> Good point, this should have been cleared up ages ago - but firstly thanks for tablesorterizing the group admin page :)
>>
>> It should be (i think) setting the var $cookietab which is picked up in lib/smarty_tiki/block.tab.php:69 which should then set the class of that tab to active (and set a section value in the cookie called "tabs" to that value).
>>
>> Hmm, but i agree it seems to be a bit borken now :(
>>
>> So the lines with setcookie('tab', $cookietab); and $smarty->assign('cookietab', $cookietab); should be removed everywhere (actually, i'll do that now... ok, done in r61507 so please (everyone) keep an eye out for tab bugs ;).
>>
>> It seems that when editing a group it was being taken to tab 3 if the group had any members, which maybe was what seemed wrong, so i removed that and it seems to make sense to me now - click a group name you get tab 2
>>
>> Regarding returning to a specific tab usually all you need to do is add cookietab=1 to the url (e.g. tiki-admingroups.php?group=Registered&cookietab=1), or, in this case, just remove the group name param from the return url and it should show the list, but i'm afraid i can't work out how to do that with the confirm dialog service thingies going on here now :)
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> jonny
>>

>>> On 5 Mar 2017, at 14:19, lindon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I’m a little confused and behind on what the current method is to set the tab the a page will open up on. For instance, for tiki-admingroups.php, the page should open on the first tab normally, but should open on the second tab when a group has been selected. The PHP in that file uses $cookietab and setcookie, but it doesn’t seem like that really makes a difference. What should be set within the php file to have the page open on a certain tab?
>>>
>>> Also, when setting links on that page, what is the best url parameter to use to refresh the page to a certain tab?
>>> Thanks,
>>> lindon

Re: [Tiki-devel] Tabs

lindon-4
You’re right. Fixed that along with other improvements in r61532.
Regards,
lindon