[Tiki-devel] SourceForge Subversion hiccup for r63370?

[Tiki-devel] SourceForge Subversion hiccup for r63370?

I just notice that Roberto committed revision 63370 yesterday, but I didn't receive a notification mail via tikiwiki-cvs about it. Am I alone in that situation? Apparently that is an exception, I get other mails.

I also notice that the web view of that revision is misleading : https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/63370/
The second change seems to be a simple renaming, but in fact the file's contents were also changed.

Re: [Tiki-devel] SourceForge Subversion hiccup for r63370?

Roberto Kirschbaum
Hi Philippe,

BTW, a few minutes ago I guess I messed up something when I committed. It ended up removing the file I wanted to update. Now I got this message while trying to send the file again, any help greatly appreciated:

svn commit -m "[FIX] Cleaned Leftovers"
Sending        lib/core/Tiki/Command/InstallerLockCommand.php
Transmitting file data .svn: E155011: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E155011: File '/home/roberto/devel/trunkfresquinho/lib/core/Tiki/Command/InstallerLockCommand.php' is out of date
svn: E160013: File not found: transaction '63378-1dg3', path '/trunk/lib/core/Tiki/Command/InstallerLockCommand.php'

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Cloutier, Philippe (DGARI-Consultant) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I just notice that Roberto committed revision 63370 yesterday, but I didn't receive a notification mail via tikiwiki-cvs about it. Am I alone in that situation? Apparently that is an exception, I get other mails.

I also notice that the web view of that revision is misleading : https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/63370/
The second change seems to be a simple renaming, but in fact the file's contents were also changed.

Roberto Kirschbaum
TACG Sistemas Web
11-9-9661-8185

Re: [Tiki-devel] SourceForge Subversion hiccup for r63370?

Jonny Bradley-4

Oops, was that my fault, sorry (i suggested renaming that file :)

Does the error go away if you do svn up? That usually works for me.

I know some editing of the svn history has been done recently, not sure it was by you, but i would strongly recommend against doing that in case it corrupts the repository, which would be a decidedly bad thing...

jonny

> On 27 Jul 2017, at 14:30, Roberto Kirschbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Philippe,
>
> BTW, a few minutes ago I guess I messed up something when I committed. It ended up removing the file I wanted to update. Now I got this message while trying to send the file again, any help greatly appreciated:
>
> svn commit -m "[FIX] Cleaned Leftovers"
> Sending        lib/core/Tiki/Command/InstallerLockCommand.php
> Transmitting file data .svn: E155011: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E155011: File '/home/roberto/devel/trunkfresquinho/lib/core/Tiki/Command/InstallerLockCommand.php' is out of date
> svn: E160013: File not found: transaction '63378-1dg3', path '/trunk/lib/core/Tiki/Command/InstallerLockCommand.php'
>

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Cloutier, Philippe (DGARI-Consultant) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I just notice that Roberto committed revision 63370 yesterday, but I didn't receive a notification mail via tikiwiki-cvs about it. Am I alone in that situation? Apparently that is an exception, I get other mails.
>>
>> I also notice that the web view of that revision is misleading : https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/63370/
>> The second change seems to be a simple renaming, but in fact the file's contents were also changed.

> Roberto Kirschbaum
> TACG Sistemas Web
> 11-9-9661-8185

Re: [Tiki-devel] SourceForge Subversion hiccup for r63370?

Roberto Kirschbaum
Well I guess at least the mistakenly removed file is back into place; I guess this command did the trick: svn resolve lib/core/Tiki/Command/InstallerLockCommand.php

I used svn mv command. Everything should run fine (and I think we should have the flexibility to rename files at least in trunk), but to my surprise, for starters it didn't rename the file name inside the file itself (line 6 still the old name // $Id: LockInstallerCommand.php)...

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Oops, was that my fault, sorry (i suggested renaming that file :)

Does the error go away if you do svn up? That usually works for me.

I know some editing of the svn history has been done recently, not sure it was by you, but i would strongly recommend against doing that in case it corrupts the repository, which would be a decidedly bad thing...

jonny

> On 27 Jul 2017, at 14:30, Roberto Kirschbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Philippe,
>
> BTW, a few minutes ago I guess I messed up something when I committed. It ended up removing the file I wanted to update. Now I got this message while trying to send the file again, any help greatly appreciated:
>
> svn commit -m "[FIX] Cleaned Leftovers"
> Sending        lib/core/Tiki/Command/InstallerLockCommand.php
> Transmitting file data .svn: E155011: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E155011: File '/home/roberto/devel/trunkfresquinho/lib/core/Tiki/Command/InstallerLockCommand.php' is out of date
> svn: E160013: File not found: transaction '63378-1dg3', path '/trunk/lib/core/Tiki/Command/InstallerLockCommand.php'
>

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Cloutier, Philippe (DGARI-Consultant) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I just notice that Roberto committed revision 63370 yesterday, but I didn't receive a notification mail via tikiwiki-cvs about it. Am I alone in that situation? Apparently that is an exception, I get other mails.
>>
>> I also notice that the web view of that revision is misleading : https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/63370/
>> The second change seems to be a simple renaming, but in fact the file's contents were also changed.

> Roberto Kirschbaum
> TACG Sistemas Web
> 11-9-9661-8185

Roberto Kirschbaum