[Tiki-devel] Showing "advanced" tag on pref on Admin pages

[Tiki-devel] Showing "advanced" tag on pref on Admin pages

Recently something was improved about feature tags and now on the Admin page there is an orange/yellow "Advanced" tags after the input field of each pref, dropdown, parameter that are (or parent is) advanced.

While this is useful and I like the idea, it turns to be lots of noise in front of the eyes.
At the point that the tag is almost catching eyes (first see our brain look to when opening a page) over more important things like feature name or else.

I played with font-size and background opacity to check if it helps and I’m convinced.

Also it differs from the color of the "Advanced" switch on the admin navbar.

May be the ".label-warning" orange/yellow is not appropriate ?

I’d like to read our UI/IX pros thinking.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Showing "advanced" tag on pref on Admin pages

Jonny Bradley-4

Those should only appear if you have the view set to basic and advanced prefs are not in their default settings, maybe this broke?

The colours should be using the bootstrap text colours i think?

jb

> On 30 Jan 2017, at 09:26, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Recently something was improved about feature tags and now on the Admin page there is an orange/yellow "Advanced" tags after the input field of each pref, dropdown, parameter that are (or parent is) advanced.
>
> While this is useful and I like the idea, it turns to be lots of noise in front of the eyes.
> At the point that the tag is almost catching eyes (first see our brain look to when opening a page) over more important things like feature name or else.
>
> I played with font-size and background opacity to check if it helps and I’m convinced.
>
> Also it differs from the color of the "Advanced" switch on the admin navbar.
>
> May be the ".label-warning" orange/yellow is not appropriate ?
>
> I’d like to read our UI/IX pros thinking.
>

> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Showing "advanced" tag on pref on Admin pages

Bernard Sfez-3
Hi Jonny,

Nice to see you catching up. :)

This is not broken and it is shown after you switch to "Advanced".
Then you screen is full of distracting yellow (warning) "Advanced" tags. (tiki-admin.php?page=wiki is full of it !!!)

Oh but testing it a bit more I understand how it works now.

Tags are displayed only if you are viewing them when your "default" setting is set for not to show them.

IE : If my saved preference set filters is "Basic" and I see Advanced pref (by switching without saving or doing a search) they will show the tags. If If my saved preference set filters is "Advanced" then they won't show up.

Lovely !
I added a note in the doc, https://doc.tiki.org/tiki-index.php?page_ref_id=4965 but my wording wasn’t very good imo.

Cheers
Bernard

On 30 Jan 2017, at 13:05 , Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I did notice that when editing profiles the advanced and experimental tags show up all the time though i think, so the same user pref checking trick needs adding to that one day... but glad you're happy with how it works on the admin panels - it made sense to me like that :)

Thanks for updating the doc too!

jb