[Tiki-devel] Release process currently ongoing

[Tiki-devel] Release process currently ongoing

Jonny Bradley-4
Dear all,

I just want to draw everyone's attention to:

Where is says we are currently attempting to release Tiki 17.0 and so are in a same-automatic merge period, which is described on

and there is states

During this period, it's best to avoid massive changes (refactoring, code cleanups, re-indenting. etc.) on trunk because it makes merging more difficult. If you want/need to do, please also do the merges.

which means there should be no indentation, refactoring, tests or experiments in the stable branch.

So, could we please all try, for about a month only, to commit "Fixes only" in 17.x (which includes translation improvements). The aim is to reduce risk caused by commits that do not have an obvious and direct benefit to the release and cause noise which makes everything harder to monitor.

If this is not clear please update the documentation on dev so that it is.

Thanks

Re: [Tiki-devel] Release process currently ongoing

Answering different emails and questions in the list so we all are synchro;

We are now in semi-automatic merge period.

During this period all what is committed in Tiki17 should be merged in trunk.
Commit in Tiki17 should be : fix, translation, UI or UX.

Changes in trunk make the merge operation more difficult.
So please avoid working on trunk unless you are sure of what you are doing and are available to respond feedback.

This is for a short period and, by the way, this is a time we expect AND ASK the community to be focused on helping with Tiki17 release.

Thanks !
Bernard

On 10 Apr 2017, at 12:26 , Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Jean-Marc Libs
Thanks for the remainder and also:
https://demo.tiki.org/17x is now up and running for even easier testing of Tiki 17.x !

Cheers,