[Tiki-devel] Release cycle -> Tiki 17

Tiki 16 was released 29/11/17.

As per our release cycle Tiki 17 is then expected for May 2017.
Actually this version doesn’t show Major task but I have the feeling it may change rapidly. :)

That imply:
Branching : mid-March 2017
Starting the release process early-April 2017 (may be even mid-March depending on what will be in the roadmap)

About the end of the actual semi-auto merging for trunk/16.x let’s fix it to the first week of February.
So our Tiki feaster (envying) will have free hands to complete and do some of usual good work done during a Tiki Feast.

We can discuss more Tiki17 release process during our next Roundtable the 16/02/17.

[Tiki-devel] RE : Release cycle -> Tiki 17

Cloutier, Philippe (RESSOURCE EXTERNE)
Hi Bernard,

Re: [Tiki-devel] RE : Release cycle -> Tiki 17

Bernard Sfez-3
Hi Chealer,

Yes was 2016 of course, who does nothing never fail. :-)

We have always a "certain" margin between what we plan and the reality of a release schedule (mainly due to number of hands we have) but let put aside this for now.
And as we need to start thinking of it, we’ll start with those approximative date.

By the way, I set a topic about this at the roundtable page for February.
I’ll be glad we discuss this specific detail on the next Roundtable and I hope you be there.

I would like that we more focus on what will be it this release for now (this also will be a factor to calculate a better when).

People any though ? D3, PHPversion, Revamp, security (whitelist), upgrade Elastic, etc…

Bernard

On 30 Jan 2017, at 21:53 , Cloutier, Philippe (RESSOURCE EXTERNE) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Bernard,

Can we not make it easy for once and agree Tiki 16 released in 2016? :-)

As per our release cycle Tiki 17 is then expected for May 2017.

My reading of the cycle is that releases dates should not be based on the last release's date but be either in April or October. I would therefore expect Tiki 17 in late April 2017.

[...]