Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] Pivottable style questions

The new Pivottable plugin presents info in a cool way, but maybe its
appearance can be improved. First, the text (graph labels, button
labels, etc.) is really, unnaturally small - 10px and 8pt (?!) compared
to 14px or so for most text in Tiki; I think the appearance would be
better if the plugin text looked more like the other text in the page.
Some CSS rules can be added to increase the size; a quick test in the
DOM inspector showed no bad effects. What do you think?

Also, when I applied the Bug_Tracker_16 profile, the bar chart produced
by the plugin "broke" the page layout due to being in a wide table that
isn't responsive - it overlaps the right-side column or causes a
scrollbar to be added to the site window. (The table contains an SVG
rect element whose width is specified in pixels and maybe calculated
according to browser viewport width without awareness of Tiki's
container div widths and columns, etc.) Are there any objections to
adding CSS to make the chart's container responsive? (It would get a
horizontal scroll bar if wider than the column containing it.) Probably,
ideally, the chart width would be Bootstrap- and Tiki-column-aware, but
just making it responsive like other wide tables in Bootstrap would at
least prevent interference with other areas of the page.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Pivottable style questions

Brendan Ferguson
Your style improvements are always welcome. I dont have any issues with additional styles as long as:

1. They are being used somewhere
2. Its clear when they are not being used :)

+1

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Xavier de Pedro (Tiki)
Hi Gary, my only concerns are that if a wiki page containing pivotable
output (charts, tables, etc) is to be printed, the whole content should
be shown in the page, and not just hidden under some side column with
the scrollbar or similar.

You can add your improvements in trunk first, and we can test there
first if printing to html or pdf is affected by the changes when tables
or charts are too wide, etc.

Thanks for the lead to improve the display of the pivottable.

Xavi