Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] Odd edit perspective behavior

[Tiki-devel] Odd edit perspective behavior

Here's a little puzzle for anyone who wants to think about it. I have an
SVN trunk installation where at some point in the last few months it
became impossible to edit a perspective. When I do the search for a
preference, instead of results being returned, the __site__ is displayed
in the result zone. I mean the whole site from the page header on down,
and menus work and everything.

The problem seems to be in the database. If I switch the site to use a
fresh database, then edit perspectives works normally.

Caches cleared, search index rebuilt, Composer run, etc. in both
installations.

So either I have to find what the problem is in the original database,
or switch the site to a fresh database and migrate all the data, and
there's quite a bit involving the perspectives.

Any ideas?

Re: [Tiki-devel] Odd edit perspective behavior

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi Gary

That sounds most bizarre - usually that sort of thing happens when the AJAX service calls get messed up, so have a look at the network tab of your favourite browser dev console and check what the calls request and response looks like. For me i see

        • Request URL:http://localhost/tiki/trunk/tiki-edit_perspective.php?id=5&criteria=foo
a bunch of other headers and...
        • X-Requested-With:XMLHttpRequest

...and the response is an html div with all the prefs in.

I'm guessing that something in that perspective is causing a redirect somehow and ending up on the home page?

Does it happen on a new perspective?

HTH

jb

> On 12 Feb 2017, at 10:22, Gary Cunningham-Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Here's a little puzzle for anyone who wants to think about it. I have an
> SVN trunk installation where at some point in the last few months it
> became impossible to edit a perspective. When I do the search for a
> preference, instead of results being returned, the __site__ is displayed
> in the result zone. I mean the whole site from the page header on down,
> and menus work and everything.
>
> The problem seems to be in the database. If I switch the site to use a
> fresh database, then edit perspectives works normally.
>
> Caches cleared, search index rebuilt, Composer run, etc. in both
> installations.
>
> So either I have to find what the problem is in the original database,
> or switch the site to a fresh database and migrate all the data, and
> there's quite a bit involving the perspectives.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -- Gary

Re: [Tiki-devel] Odd edit perspective behavior

Gary Cunningham-Lee
Hi Jonny,

Switching perspectives works ok. Editing old perspectives works ok, but
editing a new perspective fails as described (no search results display,
and the complete site homepage displays instead). By "old" I mean
probably a minimum of a couple of months old or more. "New" perspectives
are ones I'm trying to add in the last week or so. I was away from this
project for a few months so I don't know when the behavior changed.

Anyway, when I submit the preference search when editing a new
perspective, in the console I get this statement: "Synchronous
XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its
detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help
http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/" and there's a reference to jquery.js:9425:4.

But things work fine in a separate trunk instance that is using
identical external libs and Tiki files and is on the same server, so is
there possibly a configuration setting that's affecting this? I can't
find any differences so far.

- Gary