[Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

[Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Jean-Marc Libs
Hi folks,

I eventually got to setting up a good enough new server. The good enough part refers to the config. It's going to improve. The server itself is great, with both room on a mirrored HDD drive and access speed with /var on an SSH drive (also mirrord using raid1). And everything is more recent (php7 !!!)

On it, I have set up as a first website the most urgent one: composer. I have setup a new clean  up to date version of satis, without all the complicated workarounds which were required by not being able to upgrade satis on the previous server.

Now I would like to know if what is on
https://composernew.tiki.org/

[a] is perfect
[b] is better or as good as https://composer.tiki.org/
[c] is worse than https://composer.tiki.org/

If the answer is "a" or "b", I will make it update just as it does on composer.tiki.org and I will redirect URL composer.tiki.org to composernew.tiki.org
If the answer is "c", please explain what is wrong, how it should be instead, and then possibly suggest what should be done.

Notes:
* It does not update yet
* I saw 3 issues when I ran the updating but I don't know if they are issues on our server or on the package providers. The one about galleriffic looks like their server is down or our satis.json needs updating. Opinions?

Here is how I saw the issues:
# php bin/satis --skip-errors build satis.json /var/local/composer.tiki.org/www | grep -v Dumping
Scanning packages
Warning: Accessing svn.code.sf.net over http which is an insecure protocol.
Creating local downloads in '/var/local/composer.tiki.org/www/dist'
  - Installing phpcas/phpcas (1.3.3)

    Downloading: 100%
Skipping Exception 'internal corruption of phar "/tmp/composer_archive588d31a492099/3e7e1bab0d7b155d7b2842f98d713bc7.tgz" (__HALT_COMPILER(); not found)'.
  - Installing phpcas/phpcas (1.3.2)
    Downloading: 100%
Skipping Exception 'internal corruption of phar "/tmp/composer_archive588d31a88bb6a/31eafaba7d8bca87d1435c04e2412a35.tgz" (__HALT_COMPILER(); not found)'.
  - Installing jquery/plugins/galleriffic (2.0.1)

    Downloading: Failed
Skipping Exception 'The "http://www.twospy.com/galleriffic/galleriffic-2.0.zip" file could not be downloaded (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found)'.
wrote packages to /var/local/composer.tiki.org/www/include/all$57fd54a32214c81a0b045523df0f7dd43ac7b465.json
Writing packages.json
Pruning include directories
Deleted /var/local/composer.tiki.org/www/include/all$147024779830922bc83b8b6dd49f7f76163914b2.json
Writing web view

Cheers,
Jyhem

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi Jean-Marc,

Well done (and Nelson too i presume?)

No time now but something to discuss in Brussels next week i think?

jonny

> [...]
> Skipping Exception 'internal corruption of phar "/tmp/composer_archive588d31a88bb6a/31eafaba7d8bca87d1435c04e2412a35.tgz" (__HALT_COMPILER(); not found)'.
>   - Installing jquery/plugins/galleriffic (2.0.1)
> …
>     Downloading: Failed
> Skipping Exception 'The "http://www.twospy.com/galleriffic/galleriffic-2.0.zip" file could not be downloaded (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found)'.
> wrote packages to /var/local/composer.tiki.org/www/include/all$57fd54a32214c81a0b045523df0f7dd43ac7b465.json
> Writing packages.json
> Pruning include directories
> Deleted /var/local/composer.tiki.org/www/include/all$147024779830922bc83b8b6dd49f7f76163914b2.json
> Writing web view
>

> Cheers,
> Jyhem

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Victor Emanouilov
Hi Jean-Marc,

I'd say the new composer server is "[a] perfect" and many thanks for
that! I don't see a single package version still pointing to its source
- all are pointing to composer.t.o which is very nice.

Regarding the errors: apparently, galleriffic is not there anymore, so
we will have to update satis.json to include new location or see what
happened with it. I will check satis.json and missing packages when I
get a chance and update appropriately.

Regards,
Victor

On 01/30/2017 12:55 PM, Jonny Bradley wrote:

> [...]
>> Skipping Exception 'internal corruption of phar "/tmp/composer_archive588d31a88bb6a/31eafaba7d8bca87d1435c04e2412a35.tgz" (__HALT_COMPILER(); not found)'.
>>    - Installing jquery/plugins/galleriffic (2.0.1)
>> …
>>      Downloading: Failed
>> Skipping Exception 'The "http://www.twospy.com/galleriffic/galleriffic-2.0.zip" file could not be downloaded (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found)'.
>> wrote packages to /var/local/composer.tiki.org/www/include/all$57fd54a32214c81a0b045523df0f7dd43ac7b465.json
>> Writing packages.json
>> Pruning include directories
>> Deleted /var/local/composer.tiki.org/www/include/all$147024779830922bc83b8b6dd49f7f76163914b2.json
>> Writing web view
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Jyhem

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Thanks for the feedback.

I have now automated it to update every 10 minutes, and the composer.tiki.org DNS address now points to the new server.
I see the DNS TTL is 1 week, so some people may still get the old server for a couple days while querying composer.tiki.org but there is nothing I can do about this.

Cheers,
J-M
PS: Next in line is https://nextprofiles.tiki.org ?

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> Skipping Exception 'internal corruption of phar "/tmp/composer_archive588d31a88bb6a/31eafaba7d8bca87d1435c04e2412a35.tgz" (__HALT_COMPILER(); not found)'.
>>    - Installing jquery/plugins/galleriffic (2.0.1)
>> …
>>      Downloading: Failed
>> Skipping Exception 'The "http://www.twospy.com/galleriffic/galleriffic-2.0.zip" file could not be downloaded (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found)'.
>> wrote packages to /var/local/composer.tiki.org/www/include/all$57fd54a32214c81a0b045523df0f7dd43ac7b465.json
>> Writing packages.json
>> Pruning include directories
>> Deleted /var/local/composer.tiki.org/www/include/all$147024779830922bc83b8b6dd49f7f76163914b2.json
>> Writing web view
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Jyhem

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Sounds great!

Thanks,
Victor

On 01/31/2017 04:34 PM, Jean-Marc Libs wrote:
> [...]

>> Skipping Exception 'internal corruption of phar "/tmp/composer_archive588d31a88bb6a/31eafaba7d8bca87d1435c04e2412a35.tgz" (__HALT_COMPILER(); not found)'.
>>    - Installing jquery/plugins/galleriffic (2.0.1)
>> …
>>      Downloading: Failed
>> Skipping Exception 'The "http://www.twospy.com/galleriffic/galleriffic-2.0.zip" file could not be downloaded (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found)'.
>> wrote packages to /var/local/composer.tiki.org/www/include/all$57fd54a32214c81a0b045523df0f7dd43ac7b465.json
>> Writing packages.json
>> Pruning include directories
>> Deleted /var/local/composer.tiki.org/www/include/all$147024779830922bc83b8b6dd49f7f76163914b2.json
>> Writing web view
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Jyhem

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Tried you on IRC but i guess you're packing etc (as i should be ;) so emailing so i don't forget...

I just added a new js lib openannotation/annotator to satis.json in https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/61199/ which all looks ok to me but it hasn't appeared on https://composer.tiki.org yet, even though it says it has been updated a couple of times (at least).

Anyway, i guess we can fix this in Brussels :) Hope i didn't mess it up!

Also, a couple of points while i'm here (also for later), the old composer.t.o had a line at the footer saying what the last revision of Tiki it was running on - did i miss where that is now, or did it fall off?

And, if you entered something on the filter it appeared on the url hash, something like https://composer.tiki.org/?#annotator but this one doesn't (was useful when waiting for a new package to arrive).

Anyway, bon voyage - see you tomorrow!

jonny

> On 31 Jan 2017, at 15:39, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sounds great!
>
> Thanks,
> Victor
>
> On 01/31/2017 04:34 PM, Jean-Marc Libs wrote:
>> Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>> I have now automated it to update every 10 minutes, and the composer.tiki.org DNS address now points to the new server.
>> I see the DNS TTL is 1 week, so some people may still get the old server for a couple days while querying composer.tiki.org but there is nothing I can do about this.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> J-M
>> PS: Next in line is https://nextprofiles.tiki.org ?
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Jean-Marc,
>>
>> I'd say the new composer server is "[a] perfect" and many thanks for
>> that! I don't see a single package version still pointing to its source
>> - all are pointing to composer.t.o which is very nice.
>>
>> Regarding the errors: apparently, galleriffic is not there anymore, so
>> we will have to update satis.json to include new location or see what
>> happened with it. I will check satis.json and missing packages when I
>> get a chance and update appropriately.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Victor
>>

>> On 01/30/2017 12:55 PM, Jonny Bradley wrote:
>> > Hi Jean-Marc,
>> >
>> > Well done (and Nelson too i presume?)
>> >
>> > No time now but something to discuss in Brussels next week i think?
>> >
>> > jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Victor Emanouilov
Jonny, I saw the commit and think the problem is you don't require the
annotator package, so composer never downloads it. Adding a package to
packages just lets composer know where to download the package but you
should require it to make it download.

HTH,
Victor

On 02/02/2017 05:18 PM, Jonny Bradley wrote:

> Hi Jean-Marc
>
> Tried you on IRC but i guess you're packing etc (as i should be ;) so emailing so i don't forget...
>
> I just added a new js lib openannotation/annotator to satis.json in https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/61199/ which all looks ok to me but it hasn't appeared on https://composer.tiki.org yet, even though it says it has been updated a couple of times (at least).
>
> Anyway, i guess we can fix this in Brussels :) Hope i didn't mess it up!
>
> Also, a couple of points while i'm here (also for later), the old composer.t.o had a line at the footer saying what the last revision of Tiki it was running on - did i miss where that is now, or did it fall off?
>
> And, if you entered something on the filter it appeared on the url hash, something like https://composer.tiki.org/?#annotator but this one doesn't (was useful when waiting for a new package to arrive).
>
> Anyway, bon voyage - see you tomorrow!
>
> jonny
>

>> On 31 Jan 2017, at 15:39, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Sounds great!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Victor
>>
>> On 01/31/2017 04:34 PM, Jean-Marc Libs wrote:
>>> Thanks for the feedback.
>>>
>>> I have now automated it to update every 10 minutes, and the composer.tiki.org DNS address now points to the new server.
>>> I see the DNS TTL is 1 week, so some people may still get the old server for a couple days while querying composer.tiki.org but there is nothing I can do about this.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> J-M
>>> PS: Next in line is https://nextprofiles.tiki.org ?
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Jean-Marc,
>>>
>>> I'd say the new composer server is "[a] perfect" and many thanks for
>>> that! I don't see a single package version still pointing to its source
>>> - all are pointing to composer.t.o which is very nice.
>>>
>>> Regarding the errors: apparently, galleriffic is not there anymore, so
>>> we will have to update satis.json to include new location or see what
>>> happened with it. I will check satis.json and missing packages when I
>>> get a chance and update appropriately.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Victor

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Jean-Marc Libs
Sure!
It's either that something has changed about satis versions, or we used to do something clever on the old server. We'll figure it out.

I'll set composerold.tiki.org so we still have a reference point in Brussels :-D

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jean-Marc

Tried you on IRC but i guess you're packing etc (as i should be ;) so emailing so i don't forget...

I just added a new js lib openannotation/annotator to satis.json in https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/61199/ which all looks ok to me but it hasn't appeared on https://composer.tiki.org yet, even though it says it has been updated a couple of times (at least).

Anyway, i guess we can fix this in Brussels :) Hope i didn't mess it up!

Also, a couple of points while i'm here (also for later), the old composer.t.o had a line at the footer saying what the last revision of Tiki it was running on - did i miss where that is now, or did it fall off?

And, if you entered something on the filter it appeared on the url hash, something like https://composer.tiki.org/?#annotator but this one doesn't (was useful when waiting for a new package to arrive).

Anyway, bon voyage - see you tomorrow!

jonny

> On 31 Jan 2017, at 15:39, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sounds great!
>
> Thanks,
> Victor
>
> On 01/31/2017 04:34 PM, Jean-Marc Libs wrote:
>> Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>> I have now automated it to update every 10 minutes, and the composer.tiki.org DNS address now points to the new server.
>> I see the DNS TTL is 1 week, so some people may still get the old server for a couple days while querying composer.tiki.org but there is nothing I can do about this.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> J-M
>> PS: Next in line is https://nextprofiles.tiki.org ?
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Jean-Marc,
>>
>> I'd say the new composer server is "[a] perfect" and many thanks for
>> that! I don't see a single package version still pointing to its source
>> - all are pointing to composer.t.o which is very nice.
>>
>> Regarding the errors: apparently, galleriffic is not there anymore, so
>> we will have to update satis.json to include new location or see what
>> happened with it. I will check satis.json and missing packages when I
>> get a chance and update appropriately.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Victor
>>

>> On 01/30/2017 12:55 PM, Jonny Bradley wrote:
>> > Hi Jean-Marc,
>> >
>> > Well done (and Nelson too i presume?)
>> >
>> > No time now but something to discuss in Brussels next week i think?
>> >
>> > jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Ik, it's been a while since i added a brand new one - thanks... that seems to work, at least it appears on composer.t.o, so thinks (silly me ;)

The next issue is for Jean-Marc :)

jonny

> On 2 Feb 2017, at 17:26, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Jonny, I saw the commit and think the problem is you don't require the
> annotator package, so composer never downloads it. Adding a package to
> packages just lets composer know where to download the package but you
> should require it to make it download.
>
> HTH,
> Victor
>
> On 02/02/2017 05:18 PM, Jonny Bradley wrote:
>> Hi Jean-Marc
>>
>> Tried you on IRC but i guess you're packing etc (as i should be ;) so emailing so i don't forget...
>>
>> I just added a new js lib openannotation/annotator to satis.json in https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/61199/ which all looks ok to me but it hasn't appeared on https://composer.tiki.org yet, even though it says it has been updated a couple of times (at least).
>>
>> Anyway, i guess we can fix this in Brussels :) Hope i didn't mess it up!
>>
>> Also, a couple of points while i'm here (also for later), the old composer.t.o had a line at the footer saying what the last revision of Tiki it was running on - did i miss where that is now, or did it fall off?
>>
>> And, if you entered something on the filter it appeared on the url hash, something like https://composer.tiki.org/?#annotator but this one doesn't (was useful when waiting for a new package to arrive).
>>
>> Anyway, bon voyage - see you tomorrow!
>>
>> jonny
>>

>>> On 31 Jan 2017, at 15:39, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sounds great!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Victor

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

So now annotatorjs is on composer.tiki.org i added it to my local composer.json and ran composer update and got file perm issues...

From composer.phar i get

And if i go to https://composer.tiki.org/dist/matthiasmullie/minify/matthiasmullie-minify-aa50b2dab6fa7bfd402d334fe51005d6f2526ad7-zip-d0f3cd.zip (the links from the composer.t.o home page) it says:

> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /dist/matthiasmullie/minify/matthiasmullie-minify-aa50b2dab6fa7bfd402d334fe51005d6f2526ad7-zip-d0f3cd.zip on this server.
> Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe
>
> Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at composer.tiki.org Port 443

and then the same for plenty of other packages...

Eventually it retries from the source (GitHub presumably) and does get the packages but obviously something's gone wrong :(

Hope it's an easy fix, TIA :)

jonny

> On 2 Feb 2017, at 17:32, Jean-Marc Libs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sure!
> It's either that something has changed about satis versions, or we used to do something clever on the old server. We'll figure it out.
>
> I'll set composerold.tiki.org so we still have a reference point in Brussels :-D
>
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Jean-Marc
>>
>> Tried you on IRC but i guess you're packing etc (as i should be ;) so emailing so i don't forget...
>>
>> I just added a new js lib openannotation/annotator to satis.json in https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/61199/ which all looks ok to me but it hasn't appeared on https://composer.tiki.org yet, even though it says it has been updated a couple of times (at least).
>>
>> Anyway, i guess we can fix this in Brussels :) Hope i didn't mess it up!
>>
>> Also, a couple of points while i'm here (also for later), the old composer.t.o had a line at the footer saying what the last revision of Tiki it was running on - did i miss where that is now, or did it fall off?
>>
>> And, if you entered something on the filter it appeared on the url hash, something like https://composer.tiki.org/?#annotator but this one doesn't (was useful when waiting for a new package to arrive).
>>
>> Anyway, bon voyage - see you tomorrow!
>>
>> jonny
>>

>> > On 31 Jan 2017, at 15:39, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Sounds great!
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Victor

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Jean-Marc Libs
Yup, easy fix.

Something changed: It used to be that everything would be in very long files directly in /dist/
Now it's all nicely sorted in subdirectories.
So I had to make the ownership script recursive.

Should be good now

grmble why can't we stay on satis LTS from 10 years ago grmble :-D

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> Anyway, i guess we can fix this in Brussels :) Hope i didn't mess it up!
>>
>> Also, a couple of points while i'm here (also for later), the old composer.t.o had a line at the footer saying what the last revision of Tiki it was running on - did i miss where that is now, or did it fall off?
>>
>> And, if you entered something on the filter it appeared on the url hash, something like https://composer.tiki.org/?#annotator but this one doesn't (was useful when waiting for a new package to arrive).
>>
>> Anyway, bon voyage - see you tomorrow!
>>
>> jonny
>>

>> > On 31 Jan 2017, at 15:39, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Sounds great!
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Victor

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Thanks Jean-Marc, but i think you missed one?

    https://composer.tiki.org/dist/openannotation/annotator/openannotation-annotator-1.2.10.zip

That was the one i added recently, if it makes a difference...

jb

> On 2 Feb 2017, at 18:01, Jean-Marc Libs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yup, easy fix.
>
> Something changed: It used to be that everything would be in very long files directly in /dist/
> Now it's all nicely sorted in subdirectories.
> So I had to make the ownership script recursive.
>
> Should be good now
>
> grmble why can't we stay on satis LTS from 10 years ago grmble :-D
>

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> So now annotatorjs is on composer.tiki.org i added it to my local composer.json and ran composer update and got file perm issues...
>>
>> >From composer.phar i get
>>
>> >   - Updating matthiasmullie/minify (1.3.42 => 1.3.43)
>> >     Authentication required (composer.tiki.org):
>> >
>> >       Username:       Password:
>> >
>> >  Downloading: Connecting...    Update failed (Invalid credentials for 'https://composer.tiki.org/dist/matthiasmullie/minify/matthiasmullie-minify-aa50b2dab6fa7bfd402d334fe51005d6f2526ad7-zip-d0f3cd.zip', aborting.)
>> >     Would you like to try reinstalling the package instead [yes]?   - Removing matthiasmullie/minify (1.3.42)
>> >   - Installing matthiasmullie/minify (1.3.43) Downloading: Connecting...    Failed to download matthiasmullie/minify from dist: Invalid credentials for 'https://composer.tiki.org/dist/matthiasmullie/minify/matthiasmullie-minify-aa50b2dab6fa7bfd402d334fe51005d6f2526ad7-zip-d0f3cd.zip', aborting.
>> >     Now trying to download from source
>> >   - Installing matthiasmullie/minify (1.3.43) Cloning aa50b2dab6 from cache
>> >

>> And if i go to https://composer.tiki.org/dist/matthiasmullie/minify/matthiasmullie-minify-aa50b2dab6fa7bfd402d334fe51005d6f2526ad7-zip-d0f3cd.zip (the links from the composer.t.o home page) it says:
>>
>> > Forbidden
>> >
>> > You don't have permission to access /dist/matthiasmullie/minify/matthiasmullie-minify-aa50b2dab6fa7bfd402d334fe51005d6f2526ad7-zip-d0f3cd.zip on this server.
>> > Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe
>> >
>> > Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at composer.tiki.org Port 443
>>

>> and then the same for plenty of other packages...
>>
>> Eventually it retries from the source (GitHub presumably) and does get the packages but obviously something's gone wrong :(
>>
>> Hope it's an easy fix, TIA :)
>>
>> jonny
>>

>> > On 2 Feb 2017, at 17:32, Jean-Marc Libs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Sure!
>> > It's either that something has changed about satis versions, or we used to do something clever on the old server. We'll figure it out.
>> >
>> > I'll set composerold.tiki.org so we still have a reference point in Brussels :-D

Re: [Tiki-devel] New composer.tiki.org on new server

Jean-Marc Libs
Good catch.

That same change required similar changes to the chmod commands.

I hope it's running fine now. https://composer.tiki.org/dist/openannotation/annotator/openannotation-annotator-1.2.10.zip is definitely accessible now