Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] New -a option for setup.sh

12

Re: [Tiki-devel] New -a option for setup.sh

Brendan Ferguson

Re: [Tiki-devel] New -a option for setup.sh

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi Brendan

No great preference on the name, svnup.php is shorter, which is nice! :)

What i wanted to say though was have you used the Symfony console application as the framework? I just wanted to recommend it as you get all sorts of fun things like progress bars, built in docs and formatting and stuff for (almost) free!

I used it finally from scratch for the recent rescue script in trunk - https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/doc/devtools/rescue_wiki_changes_from_elastic.php

Anyway, thought i'd just try and see you on that :)

TIA

jonny

>>> http://PluginProblems.com

>>> http://PluginProblems.com

>>> http://PluginProblems.com
>>> http://Avan.Tech

>> --
>> Marc Laporte
>>
>> http://WikiSuite.org
>> http://PluginProblems.com
>> http://Avan.Tech

Re: [Tiki-devel] New -a option for setup.sh

Brendan Ferguson
just wanted to bring it to attention that I’ve uploaded the first version of the update script into trunk.

I tried using symphony to implement options, but ran into a snag. I will re-try soon. So right now the verbiage and rebuilding the index are not optional, but they soon will be.

I was also able to fix the issue I had with secdb. It will now only update secdb if there is no chance of including a malicious file in it. With a few changes to the way secdb is generated, I can loosen that up a little so files in /storage (etc.) dont prevent the database from being updated.

So even though I’m not quite done, I think it should work well in most situations now.

Brendan