Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] New Releases: green light + pending tasks

[Tiki-devel] New Releases: green light + pending tasks

Xavier de Pedro (Tiki)

Hi all:

*** Executive Summary ***:

Green light to 16.2 also, the source of the pending issue was invalid yaml code which has been fixed in profiles.t.o

Pending tasks needed, afaik:

* communications team,

* pending commit (released versions for the release check in Control Panels)

* tiki.org x-frame option more permissive for newsletters to work (Oliver)?

Starting a new thread to make the topic more clear for everyone (previous thread was under "[Tiki-devel] Release on the way: URGENT NOTICE" and "[Tiki-devel] New releases")

Thanks to some debugging session this morning with Victor (thanks again, and Marc for sponsoring!), we identified that the source of the issue that prevented half of the featured profiles from being applicable was invalid yaml syntax that we had in them (for ages!), and the former unmaintained yaml library tolerated them somehow, but the new maintained yaml library that went into 16.2 didn't accept them at all a failed silently for the end user (apache error log rpeorted the 2 culprit defective syntaxes).

For the record, bad syntaxes we had in our featured profiles:

(1) permission info in yaml code with syntax "allow:[]" need to have an space between the "allow:" and "[]".

https://profiles.tiki.org/tiki-pagehistory.php?page=Collaborative_Community_12x&history_offset=1&diff_style=sidediff&diff_style=sidediff&show_all_versions=y&compare=Compare&newver=0&oldver=27&tra_lang=sq&paginate=on&history_pagesize=25

(2) permission info in yaml code need to have an space between the dash and the permission name

https://profiles.tiki.org/tiki-pagehistory.php?page=Personal_Blog_and_Profile_12x&history_offset=1&diff_style=sidediff&diff_style=sidediff&show_all_versions=y&compare=Compare&newver=0&oldver=11&tra_lang=sq&paginate=on&history_pagesize=25

These issues have been fixed in these 2 featured profiles, and they now install fine as usual, so no more concerns on Tiki 16.2, afaik, and we are ready to go and make them public, change the version number in sf.net, etc (the pending steps)

Can we have some one from the communications team prepare the new article for t.o website and for the new newsletter sending?

Oliver, did you manage to get the right apache config in t.o to have newsletters working as expected there again?

Thanks all for your help with these new releases and the side tasks needed for the usual workflow to be completed.

Xavi

Re: [Tiki-devel] New Releases: green light + pending tasks

luciash d' being

Hi Xavi,

I could not find the issues mentioned in the https://profiles.tiki.org/CartoGraf_15 but it also failed to load when I was trying to apply that profile...

Can you see what issue in the syntax could be there? no :[] found there on the page...

luci

On 24.1.2017 11:32, Xavier de Pedro wrote:

[...]

Brendan Ferguson
YAML syntax checker.
I dont know where the YAML code is housed, but perhaps we should run them all though a syntax checker to see if it can catch anything.

Brendan

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 7:51 PM, luciash <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Brendan, we tested this morning (hours ago) and that online yaml syntax checked didn't catch some of the bad syntax we were using ("allow:[]" without spaced understood as string), while this other one did confirm our hypothesis: http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/

@Brendan still: profile code is hosted in a profiles repository, which by default is in wiki pages at https://profiles.tiki.org (within code plugins with yaml notation, etc, see examples there)

@luci, there were several errors in the Cartograf_15 profile, which I may have fixed it for you:

"adding a space between "option:" and "value" to have the new yaml library in 16.x accept the syntax (it was probably invalid yaml being tolerated only by the former yaml library and not allowed)"

&

"missing quotation at the end of the values for the option"

https://profiles.tiki.org/tiki-pagehistory.php?page=CartoGraf_15&history_offset=1&diff_style=sidediff&diff_style=sidediff&show_all_versions=y&compare=Compare&newver=0&oldver=15&tra_lang=sq&paginate=on&history_pagesize=25

Can you try again, please?

At least now the profile can be applied and the only error reported by Apache is this one below, but this is another story:

[Tue Jan 24 12:21:07.067754 2017] [:error] [pid 7979] [client ::1:41462] No route found - full:/16.2/themes/CartoGraf/img/logo.gif query:, referer: http://localhost/16.2/Setup

Thanks!

Xavi