Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] Merge

lindon-4
I got 2 text conflicts and 48 tree conflicts (mostly the smilies) when I tried the semi-automatic merge script. I do poorly at trying to fix these types of things so I’m not going to try.

I’m also about to commit a fix to Tiki16 that should not be merged with trunk since things are different there.

Perhaps the merge period over?
Thanks,
lindon

Re: [Tiki-devel] Merge

luciash d' being
+1 I thought the semi-auto merging period was over

I was also wondering why the smiley hack (sorry B) was commited to 16.
Imho it should go to trunk first and then (maybe) backported and should
be done via composer first (but that is another story)...

luci

On 28.1.2017 15:54, lindon wrote:

> I got 2 text conflicts and 48 tree conflicts (mostly the smilies) when I tried the semi-automatic merge script. I do poorly at trying to fix these types of things so I’m not going to try.
>
> I’m also about to commit a fix to Tiki16 that should not be merged with trunk since things are different there.
>
> Perhaps the merge period over?
> Thanks,
> lindon

Re: [Tiki-devel] Merge

Bernard Sfez-3
:)

Afterward, I agree it should have been committed in trunk first then backported.
When I start this, my idea was to slide a fix asap on Tiki 15 so our LTS got decent smileys while we work on a more elegant solution (css emoji).

But let’s not go too dramatic, what you call "hack" is changing the icons files and the file that look for them accordingly.
The conflict about it was mainly to accept adding new files and removing the old ones.

Tiki has seen much worst "hack". :D :D :D

I hope we’ll have css emoji very soon.

Bernard

On 28 Jan 2017, at 21:25 , luciash <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 I thought the semi-auto merging period was over

I was also wondering why the smiley hack (sorry B) was commited to 16.
Imho it should go to trunk first and then (maybe) backported and should
be done via composer first (but that is another story)...

luci

On 28.1.2017 15:54, lindon wrote:
I got 2 text conflicts and 48 tree conflicts (mostly the smilies) when I tried the semi-automatic merge script. I do poorly at trying to fix these types of things so I’m not going to try.

I’m also about to commit a fix to Tiki16 that should not be merged with trunk since things are different there.

Perhaps the merge period over?
Thanks,
lindon

Re: [Tiki-devel] Merge

Brendan Ferguson
I'm against the inclusion of emoji with composer at this point. I think the final solution is to have the browser/os deal with the emoji, of which support for which is very good right now, and continually getting better. No libs needed.

So the hack solution here seems to be quite reasonable to me.

The only other thing I could suggest is to add the Unicode code of each smile into a comment so it's easier to do the emoji upgrade in the future.

Brendan

On Jan 29, 2017, at 4:49 AM, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:

:)

[...]

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi all

A few points - i see https://dev.tiki.org/Where+to+commit hasn't been updated so officially i guess we're still merging, and i've seen a few commits of them in the 100's of emails i'm catching up on - is the merging up to date now? Or do we still have conflicts?

The tree conflicts happen (usually) if someone adds files in both branches rather than letting the merge script do it.

Having this situation unclear means some commits may have been made in 16.x which will not then be in 17.x which is not good, i'm afraid i haven't been watching so i hope someone else has and can make sure this hasn't happened?

Regarding who commits what to which branch, this is up to the Release Coordinator, so i guess this one is fine in 16.x then? :)

Nice to see everyone's been busy though, thanks all!

jonny

> On 29 Jan 2017, at 01:06, Dr. Sassafras <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm against the inclusion of emoji with composer at this point. I think the final solution is to have the browser/os deal with the emoji, of which support for which is very good right now, and continually getting better. No libs needed.
>
> So the hack solution here seems to be quite reasonable to me.
>
> The only other thing I could suggest is to add the Unicode code of each smile into a comment so it's easier to do the emoji upgrade in the future.
>
> Brendan
>
> On Jan 29, 2017, at 4:49 AM, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> :)
>>
>> Afterward, I agree it should have been committed in trunk first then backported.
>> When I start this, my idea was to slide a fix asap on Tiki 15 so our LTS got decent smileys while we work on a more elegant solution (css emoji).
>>
>> But let’s not go too dramatic, what you call "hack" is changing the icons files and the file that look for them accordingly.
>> The conflict about it was mainly to accept adding new files and removing the old ones.
>>
>> Tiki has seen much worst "hack". :D :D :D
>>
>> I hope we’ll have css emoji very soon.
>>
>> Bernard
>>

>>> On 28 Jan 2017, at 21:25 , luciash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 I thought the semi-auto merging period was over
>>>
>>> I was also wondering why the smiley hack (sorry B) was commited to 16.
>>> Imho it should go to trunk first and then (maybe) backported and should
>>> be done via composer first (but that is another story)...
>>>
>>> luci

>> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Merge

Bernard Sfez-3
Thanks Jonny just wrote an email about it. :)

To my knowledge conflicts are solved (I solved 2 text conflicts and tree - I will never use smileys the same way again !) :D :D :D
Ricardo solved also yesterday what was left so… so far, so good. :)

Bernard