Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] Looping in branch 16 install procedure

[Tiki-devel] Looping in branch 16 install procedure

Is anyone else having trouble with this? I just checked out branch 16
and I'm finding tiki-install.php is stuck in a loop. On the "Welcome"
screen, after setting my language choice, I get a "Tiki Installer
Security Precaution" screen asking for db username and pw. After
inputting those, the Welcome screen appears again. These two screens
just alternate. I did the checkout and ran setup.sh in my wamp localhost
(regarding install method).

I tried again, doing a fresh check-out and this time just ran composer
to get the external libs, then went to tiki-install.php. Again it loops
between setting the language preference and a "Tiki Installer Security
Precaution" screen asking for the db info.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Looping in branch 16 install procedure

Brendan Ferguson
I just ran through the install on a fresh svn of 16.x it installed well. Tested with PHP5.6

I also went through the install process past where you are looping with PHP7, it also worked well.

Cant reproduce on my end.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with this? I just checked out branch 16
and I'm finding tiki-install.php is stuck in a loop. On the "Welcome"
screen, after setting my language choice, I get a "Tiki Installer
Security Precaution" screen asking for db username and pw. After
inputting those, the Welcome screen appears again. These two screens
just alternate. I did the checkout and ran setup.sh in my wamp localhost
(regarding install method).

I tried again, doing a fresh check-out and this time just ran composer
to get the external libs, then went to tiki-install.php. Again it loops
between setting the language preference and a "Tiki Installer Security
Precaution" screen asking for the db info.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Looping in branch 16 install procedure

Ok, that's good. But I'm still stuck here. I've tried with three
browsers and a couple of branch 16 exports. This is with php 5.6.
Existing branch 16s here are svn updating fine. Also a new trunk
checkout can be installed with no problems.

-- Gary

On 1/25/2017 12:40 PM, Brendan Ferguson wrote:

> I just ran through the install on a fresh svn of 16.x it installed well.
> Tested with PHP5.6
>
> I also went through the install process past where you are looping with
> PHP7, it also worked well.
>
> Cant reproduce on my end.
>
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Is anyone else having trouble with this? I just checked out branch 16
>     and I'm finding tiki-install.php is stuck in a loop. On the "Welcome"
>     screen, after setting my language choice, I get a "Tiki Installer
>     Security Precaution" screen asking for db username and pw. After
>     inputting those, the Welcome screen appears again. These two screens
>     just alternate. I did the checkout and ran setup.sh in my wamp localhost
>     (regarding install method).
>
>     I tried again, doing a fresh check-out and this time just ran composer
>     to get the external libs, then went to tiki-install.php. Again it loops
>     between setting the language preference and a "Tiki Installer Security
>     Precaution" screen asking for the db info.
>
>     -- Gary

Re: [Tiki-devel] Looping in branch 16 install procedure

Bernard Sfez-3
Hi Gary,

I use 5.6 only.

Bernard

On 25 Jan 2017, at 07:35 , Gary Cunningham-Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ok, that's good. But I'm still stuck here. I've tried with three
browsers and a couple of branch 16 exports. This is with php 5.6.
Existing branch 16s here are svn updating fine. Also a new trunk
checkout can be installed with no problems.

-- Gary

On 1/25/2017 12:40 PM, Brendan Ferguson wrote:
I just ran through the install on a fresh svn of 16.x it installed well.
Tested with PHP5.6

I also went through the install process past where you are looping with
PHP7, it also worked well.

Cant reproduce on my end.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee
<[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> wrote:

   Hi,

   Is anyone else having trouble with this? I just checked out branch 16
   and I'm finding tiki-install.php is stuck in a loop. On the "Welcome"
   screen, after setting my language choice, I get a "Tiki Installer
   Security Precaution" screen asking for db username and pw. After
   inputting those, the Welcome screen appears again. These two screens
   just alternate. I did the checkout and ran setup.sh in my wamp localhost
   (regarding install method).

   I tried again, doing a fresh check-out and this time just ran composer
   to get the external libs, then went to tiki-install.php. Again it loops
   between setting the language preference and a "Tiki Installer Security
   Precaution" screen asking for the db info.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Looping in branch 16 install procedure

Gary Cunningham-Lee
Finally success here. Apparently the problem was a space in the path (in
the directory name containing the Tiki instance). That's the only
difference I can see in the different attempts. Sorry for the noise.

-- Gary

On 1/25/2017 3:27 PM, Bernard Sfez wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> I use 5.6 only.
>
> Bernard
>

>> On 25 Jan 2017, at 07:35 , Gary Cunningham-Lee
>>
>> Ok, that's good. But I'm still stuck here. I've tried with three
>> browsers and a couple of branch 16 exports. This is with php 5.6.
>> Existing branch 16s here are svn updating fine. Also a new trunk
>> checkout can be installed with no problems.
>>
>> -- Gary
>>
>> On 1/25/2017 12:40 PM, Brendan Ferguson wrote:
>>> I just ran through the install on a fresh svn of 16.x it installed well.
>>> Tested with PHP5.6
>>>
>>> I also went through the install process past where you are looping with
>>> PHP7, it also worked well.
>>>
>>> Cant reproduce on my end.
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Gary Cunningham-Lee
>>> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>    Hi,
>>>
>>>    Is anyone else having trouble with this? I just checked out branch 16
>>>    and I'm finding tiki-install.php is stuck in a loop. On the "Welcome"
>>>    screen, after setting my language choice, I get a "Tiki Installer
>>>    Security Precaution" screen asking for db username and pw. After
>>>    inputting those, the Welcome screen appears again. These two screens
>>>    just alternate. I did the checkout and ran setup.sh in my wamp
>>> localhost
>>>    (regarding install method).
>>>
>>>    I tried again, doing a fresh check-out and this time just ran composer
>>>    to get the external libs, then went to tiki-install.php. Again it
>>> loops
>>>    between setting the language preference and a "Tiki Installer Security
>>>    Precaution" screen asking for the db info.
>>>
>>>    -- Gary

> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com <https://bsfez.com/>

Re: [Tiki-devel] Looping in branch 16 install procedure

Bernard Sfez-3
Glad to read it is good on your side now ! (btw this is our time to make noise) ;)

On 25 Jan 2017, at 09:05 , Gary Cunningham-Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<[hidden email] <[hidden email]>

  Hi,