[Tiki-devel] Links from Google results produce page not found errors

[Tiki-devel] Links from Google results produce page not found errors

When I do a search at google.com for a page at doc.tiki.org, and then
click on a link in the search results, which display like

https://doc.tiki.org/Semantic%2BAdmin ,

at doc.tiki.org this page isn't found. I get the error:

Page not found
Semantic+Admin

So I guess there's a problem with URL rewriting involving the space
encoding. I imagine every click from Google search results for a page
whose name contains a space produces this error. Can this be fixed
fairly easily?

By the way, at Bing, DuckDuckGo and Yahoo, search results show pages like

https://doc.tiki.org/Semantic+Admin

so no problem.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Links from Google results produce page not found errors

Jonny Bradley-4

Hi Gary

This came up here a week or two ago, here https://tiki.org/forumthread65822

I guess a rewrite rule might be necessary?

jb

> On 16 Jul 2017, at 12:51, Gary Cunningham-Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> When I do a search at google.com for a page at doc.tiki.org, and then click on a link in the search results, which display like
>
> https://doc.tiki.org/Semantic%2BAdmin ,
>
> at doc.tiki.org this page isn't found. I get the error:
>
> Page not found
> Semantic+Admin
>
> So I guess there's a problem with URL rewriting involving the space encoding. I imagine every click from Google search results for a page whose name contains a space produces this error. Can this be fixed fairly easily?
>
> By the way, at Bing, DuckDuckGo and Yahoo, search results show pages like
>
> https://doc.tiki.org/Semantic+Admin
>
> so no problem.
>
> -- Gary

Re: [Tiki-devel] Links from Google results produce page not found errors

Dr. Sassafras
Yes, every day it's "not-found" our google pagerank becomes more difficult to recover.

Brendan

> On Jul 17, 2017, at 3:22 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi Gary
>
> This came up here a week or two ago, here https://tiki.org/forumthread65822
>
> I guess a rewrite rule might be necessary?
>
> jb
>

>> On 16 Jul 2017, at 12:51, Gary Cunningham-Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I do a search at google.com for a page at doc.tiki.org, and then click on a link in the search results, which display like
>>
>> https://doc.tiki.org/Semantic%2BAdmin ,
>>
>> at doc.tiki.org this page isn't found. I get the error:
>>
>> Page not found
>> Semantic+Admin
>>
>> So I guess there's a problem with URL rewriting involving the space encoding. I imagine every click from Google search results for a page whose name contains a space produces this error. Can this be fixed fairly easily?
>>
>> By the way, at Bing, DuckDuckGo and Yahoo, search results show pages like
>>
>> https://doc.tiki.org/Semantic+Admin
>>
>> so no problem.
>>
>> -- Gary

Re: [Tiki-devel] Links from Google results produce page not found errors

Jonny Bradley-4
Oliver?

jonny