Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] JavaScript syntax error on all dev.tiki.org pages - "missing ] in index expression"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Tiki-devel] JavaScript syntax error on all dev.tiki.org pages - "missing ] in index expression"

Filipus Klutiero
I get a JavaScript error on all dev.tiki.org pages from https://dev.tiki.org/temp/public/min_main_7262505ceb826b9d17296b4143de182e.js on either Firefox 45 or Chromium. The minified file is clearly broken on the second line here:

> for(i in TagCanvas.options)
> this[i]=opt&&Defined(opt[i])?opt[i]:(Defined(TagCanvas[i;
> /* rank:50standard - minify:ok. vendor/jquery/plugins/colorbox/jquery.colorbox.js */

This part is a minification of https://dev.tiki.org/vendor/jquery/plugins/tagcanvas/jquery.tagcanvas.js which contains:

>    for(i in TagCanvas.options)
>      this[i] = opt && Defined(opt[i]) ? opt[i] :
>        (Defined(TagCanvas[i]) ? TagCanvas[i] : TagCanvas.options[i]);

Visibly, the minification is truncated half-way.


Does anyone have a clue why/when this regression has appeared?

Last update from SVN (16.3svn): Monday 23 January, 2017 13:49:15 GMT-0100- REV 61032


--
Filipus Klutiero
http://www.philippecloutier.com


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
TikiWiki-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Tiki-devel] JavaScript syntax error on all dev.tiki.org pages - "missing ] in index expression"

Filipus Klutiero
On 2017-01-23 19:58, Filipus Klutiero wrote:

> I get a JavaScript error on all dev.tiki.org pages from https://dev.tiki.org/temp/public/min_main_7262505ceb826b9d17296b4143de182e.js on either Firefox 45 or Chromium. The minified file is clearly broken on the second line here:
>
>> for(i in TagCanvas.options)
>> this[i]=opt&&Defined(opt[i])?opt[i]:(Defined(TagCanvas[i;
>> /* rank:50standard - minify:ok. vendor/jquery/plugins/colorbox/jquery.colorbox.js */
>
> This part is a minification of https://dev.tiki.org/vendor/jquery/plugins/tagcanvas/jquery.tagcanvas.js which contains:
>
>>    for(i in TagCanvas.options)
>>      this[i] = opt && Defined(opt[i]) ? opt[i] :
>>        (Defined(TagCanvas[i]) ? TagCanvas[i] : TagCanvas.options[i]);
>
> Visibly, the minification is truncated half-way.
>
>
> Does anyone have a clue why/when this regression has appeared?
>
> Last update from SVN (16.3svn): Monday 23 January, 2017 13:49:15 GMT-0100- REV 61032
>
>

I no longer experience this problem. https://dev.tiki.org/temp/public/min_main_7262505ceb826b9d17296b4143de182e.js no longer contains a truncated version of jquery.tagcanvas.js. I did not do anything to solve this in Firefox. In Chromium, I simply did a full reload.

--
Filipus Klutiero
http://www.philippecloutier.com


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
TikiWiki-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Tiki-devel] Intermittent JavaScript errors on all dev.tiki.org pages from min_main_...js (was Re: JavaScript syntax error on all dev.tiki.org pages - "missing ] in index expression")

Filipus Klutiero
On 2017-01-23 20:23, Filipus Klutiero wrote:

> On 2017-01-23 19:58, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>> I get a JavaScript error on all dev.tiki.org pages from https://dev.tiki.org/temp/public/min_main_7262505ceb826b9d17296b4143de182e.js on either Firefox 45 or Chromium. The minified file is clearly broken on the second line here:
>>
>>> for(i in TagCanvas.options)
>>> this[i]=opt&&Defined(opt[i])?opt[i]:(Defined(TagCanvas[i;
>>> /* rank:50standard - minify:ok. vendor/jquery/plugins/colorbox/jquery.colorbox.js */
>>
>> This part is a minification of https://dev.tiki.org/vendor/jquery/plugins/tagcanvas/jquery.tagcanvas.js which contains:
>>
>>>    for(i in TagCanvas.options)
>>>      this[i] = opt && Defined(opt[i]) ? opt[i] :
>>>        (Defined(TagCanvas[i]) ? TagCanvas[i] : TagCanvas.options[i]);
>>
>> Visibly, the minification is truncated half-way.
>>
>>
>> Does anyone have a clue why/when this regression has appeared?
>>
>> Last update from SVN (16.3svn): Monday 23 January, 2017 13:49:15 GMT-0100- REV 61032
>>
>>
>
> I no longer experience this problem. https://dev.tiki.org/temp/public/min_main_7262505ceb826b9d17296b4143de182e.js no longer contains a truncated version of jquery.tagcanvas.js. I did not do anything to solve this in Firefox. In Chromium, I simply did a full reload.
>

I am experiencing JavaScript errors on dev.tiki.org again on both Firefox and Chromium, but not the same errors. And the nature seems different. Instead of truncated contents, the problematic file section contains just the compressed file's name:
> /* rank:50standard - minify:ok. temp/public/codemirror_modes.js */
> temp/public/codemirror_modes.js;
> /* rank:50standard - minify:ok. lang/en/language.js */

Are PHP errors triggered if the minified files are regenerated?

--
Filipus Klutiero
http://www.philippecloutier.com


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
TikiWiki-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Tiki-devel] Intermittent JavaScript errors on all dev.tiki.org pages from min_main_...js (was Re: JavaScript syntax error on all dev.tiki.org pages - "missing ] in index expression")

Victor Emanouilov
Hi chealer,

We recently updated legacy minify lib with a new one:

https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/60586/

Old one had some issues with standard JS syntax as missing semicolons at
the end of the line and such things. The new one is well maintained and
shouldn't have such issues but if you have found one, it might be best
to submit an issue on github...

Regarding dev.t.o - I sometimes receive JS errors as well and clearing
browser cache usually solves them but I think we need to review the
minification settings there and make sure it works without requiring
user actions.

Regards,

Victor

On 01/24/2017 04:22 AM, Filipus Klutiero wrote:

> On 2017-01-23 20:23, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>> On 2017-01-23 19:58, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>>> I get a JavaScript error on all dev.tiki.org pages from https://dev.tiki.org/temp/public/min_main_7262505ceb826b9d17296b4143de182e.js on either Firefox 45 or Chromium. The minified file is clearly broken on the second line here:
>>>
>>>> for(i in TagCanvas.options)
>>>> this[i]=opt&&Defined(opt[i])?opt[i]:(Defined(TagCanvas[i;
>>>> /* rank:50standard - minify:ok. vendor/jquery/plugins/colorbox/jquery.colorbox.js */
>>> This part is a minification of https://dev.tiki.org/vendor/jquery/plugins/tagcanvas/jquery.tagcanvas.js which contains:
>>>
>>>>     for(i in TagCanvas.options)
>>>>       this[i] = opt && Defined(opt[i]) ? opt[i] :
>>>>         (Defined(TagCanvas[i]) ? TagCanvas[i] : TagCanvas.options[i]);
>>> Visibly, the minification is truncated half-way.
>>>
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a clue why/when this regression has appeared?
>>>
>>> Last update from SVN (16.3svn): Monday 23 January, 2017 13:49:15 GMT-0100- REV 61032
>>>
>>>
>> I no longer experience this problem. https://dev.tiki.org/temp/public/min_main_7262505ceb826b9d17296b4143de182e.js no longer contains a truncated version of jquery.tagcanvas.js. I did not do anything to solve this in Firefox. In Chromium, I simply did a full reload.
>>
> I am experiencing JavaScript errors on dev.tiki.org again on both Firefox and Chromium, but not the same errors. And the nature seems different. Instead of truncated contents, the problematic file section contains just the compressed file's name:
>> /* rank:50standard - minify:ok. temp/public/codemirror_modes.js */
>> temp/public/codemirror_modes.js;
>> /* rank:50standard - minify:ok. lang/en/language.js */
> Are PHP errors triggered if the minified files are regenerated?
>



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
TikiWiki-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-devel
Loading...