[Tiki-devel] Integrator - one of Tiki's hidden treasures

[Tiki-devel] Integrator - one of Tiki's hidden treasures

Torsten Fabricius-4
Hello Devs and Users,

after some IRC support chat with a new community member I found that his use case to provide access to a set of HTML and JS files in a folder structure was in fact the task to integrte a Doxygen Repository of his companies coders into their new Tiki Intranet.

Doxygen is a documentation generator, a tool for writing software reference documentation. The documentation is written within code, and is thus relatively easy to keep up to date. Doxygen can cross reference documentation and code, so that the reader of a document can easily refer to the actual code.
Doxygen is free software, released under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2).

Once I realised it was a Doxygen, I could manage to find an Example Doxygen in the internet, implemented that in a local Tiki 16 (outside the Tikiroot, thus not accessible via direct links, thus inside Tikis user-permission-management.

Next step was some CSS tweaking and woohoo it works.

Thinking further I just now tried (successfully) to integrate a PHPdoc Repository, as Integrator was years ago coded specifically for Doxygen, but I assumed that autogenerated Code documentation likely has a similar structure.

And yes it does!

So Tiki Integrator now is a tool to easily and non-publicly give access to an arbitrary number of Doxygen AND PHPdoc Repositories. Update of the to date outdated documentation and an article is under way.

In case some of you use other documentation creators like Javadoc, ApiGen, etc. that generate the documentation as set of HTML files, you might want to send me a small Demo Repository and I will try to import that to Tiki and then, if successful document on doc.tiki.org.

Thanks to Padlock for this nice use case.

Best regards,
Torsten

Re: [Tiki-devel] Integrator - one of Tiki's hidden treasures

Jonny Bradley-4

Nice one Torsten, so the Integrator still works ok? We were thinking it was broken and so was on the endangered list ;)

    https://dev.tiki.org/Endangered+features#Candidates_for_removals_for_Tiki_17_

Main page: https://doc.tiki.org/Integrator

I guess we should keep it?

jb

> On 16 Mar 2017, at 13:54, Torsten <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Devs and Users,
>
> after some IRC support chat with a new community member I found that his use case to provide access to a set of HTML and JS files in a folder structure was in fact the task to integrte a Doxygen Repository of his companies coders into their new Tiki Intranet.
>
>> Doxygen is a documentation generator, a tool for writing software reference documentation. The documentation is written within code, and is thus relatively easy to keep up to date. Doxygen can cross reference documentation and code, so that the reader of a document can easily refer to the actual code.
>> Doxygen is free software, released under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2).
>
> Once I realised it was a Doxygen, I could manage to find an Example Doxygen in the internet, implemented that in a local Tiki 16 (outside the Tikiroot, thus not accessible via direct links, thus inside Tikis user-permission-management.
>
> Next step was some CSS tweaking and woohoo it works.
>
> Thinking further I just now tried (successfully) to integrate a PHPdoc Repository, as Integrator was years ago coded specifically for Doxygen, but I assumed that autogenerated Code documentation likely has a similar structure.
>
> And yes it does!
>
> So Tiki Integrator now is a tool to easily and non-publicly give access to an arbitrary number of Doxygen AND PHPdoc Repositories. Update of the to date outdated documentation and an article is under way.
>
> In case some of you use other documentation creators like Javadoc, ApiGen, etc. that generate the documentation as set of HTML files, you might want to send me a small Demo Repository and I will try to import that to Tiki and then, if successful document on doc.tiki.org.
>
> Thanks to Padlock for this nice use case.
>
> Best regards,
> Torsten

Re: [Tiki-devel] Integrator - one of Tiki's hidden treasures

Torsten Fabricius-4
Yes we should keep it.

I already commented on the endangered list.

Thx for your reply.

-- T

On 16.03.2017 15:26, Jonny Bradley wrote:

> Nice one Torsten, so the Integrator still works ok? We were thinking it was broken and so was on the endangered list ;)
>
>     https://dev.tiki.org/Endangered+features#Candidates_for_removals_for_Tiki_17_
>
> Main page: https://doc.tiki.org/Integrator
>
> I guess we should keep it?
>
> jb
>

>> On 16 Mar 2017, at 13:54, Torsten <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Devs and Users,
>>
>> after some IRC support chat with a new community member I found that his use case to provide access to a set of HTML and JS files in a folder structure was in fact the task to integrte a Doxygen Repository of his companies coders into their new Tiki Intranet.
>>
>>> Doxygen is a documentation generator, a tool for writing software reference documentation. The documentation is written within code, and is thus relatively easy to keep up to date. Doxygen can cross reference documentation and code, so that the reader of a document can easily refer to the actual code.
>>> Doxygen is free software, released under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2).
>> Once I realised it was a Doxygen, I could manage to find an Example Doxygen in the internet, implemented that in a local Tiki 16 (outside the Tikiroot, thus not accessible via direct links, thus inside Tikis user-permission-management.
>>
>> Next step was some CSS tweaking and woohoo it works.
>>
>> Thinking further I just now tried (successfully) to integrate a PHPdoc Repository, as Integrator was years ago coded specifically for Doxygen, but I assumed that autogenerated Code documentation likely has a similar structure.
>>
>> And yes it does!
>>
>> So Tiki Integrator now is a tool to easily and non-publicly give access to an arbitrary number of Doxygen AND PHPdoc Repositories. Update of the to date outdated documentation and an article is under way.
>>
>> In case some of you use other documentation creators like Javadoc, ApiGen, etc. that generate the documentation as set of HTML files, you might want to send me a small Demo Repository and I will try to import that to Tiki and then, if successful document on doc.tiki.org.
>>
>> Thanks to Padlock for this nice use case.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Torsten

Re: [Tiki-devel] Integrator - one of Tiki's hidden treasures

Bernard Sfez-3
Great job Torsten, Tiki Integrator own you on this one ! :)

Addition in documentation and sample are now impatiently waited. ;)