[Tiki-devel] Installing vendor files for Tiki 17 on Windows

[Tiki-devel] Installing vendor files for Tiki 17 on Windows

Arild Berg
Hi,

I just downloaded the latest Tiki 17 files from SVN and tried to run composer to install the vedor files.
Didn't work well. On the one folder created (composer).

The write up on https://dev.tiki.org/Composer says that sh setup.sh should be run.
Unfortunatelly this only works on Linux systems.

I tried the Windows steps, but it doesn't work.

Does anybody know how to get the vendor files for Tiki 17 installed on a Windows system using IIS?

Arild
Virus-free. www.avast.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Installing vendor files for Tiki 17 on Windows

Marc Laporte-3
Hi Arild!

Thanks for pointing this out.

Can you try the instructions from this thread?

Best regards,

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Arild Berg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I just downloaded the latest Tiki 17 files from SVN and tried to run composer to install the vedor files.
Didn't work well. On the one folder created (composer).

The write up on https://dev.tiki.org/Composer says that sh setup.sh should be run.
Unfortunatelly this only works on Linux systems.

I tried the Windows steps, but it doesn't work.

Does anybody know how to get the vendor files for Tiki 17 installed on a Windows system using IIS?

Arild
Virus-free. www.avast.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Installing vendor files for Tiki 17 on Windows

I can run the script on Windows 10 because I have the Windows Git
application installed (https://git-for-windows.github.io/) - "Git for
Windows provides a BASH emulation used to run Git from the command line.
*NIX users should feel right at home, as the BASH emulation behaves just
like the "git" command in LINUX and UNIX environments.".

If you don't otherwise need a git client, I believe there are other ways
to get a Bash shell or similar.

-- Gary

On 3/20/2017 6:58 AM, Arild Berg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded the latest Tiki 17 files from SVN and tried to run
> composer to install the vedor files.
> Didn't work well. On the one folder created (composer).
>
> The write up on https://dev.tiki.org/Composer says that sh setup.sh
> should be run.
> Unfortunatelly this only works on Linux systems.
>
> I tried the Windows steps, but it doesn't work.
>
> Does anybody know how to get the vendor files for Tiki 17 installed on a
> Windows system using IIS?
>
> Arild

Re: [Tiki-devel] Installing vendor files for Tiki 17 on Windows

Arild Berg
Thanks for the tips.

I discovered that Windows 10 actually ships with a bash shell (MINGW64).
The vendor files are now installed.
Tiki 17 svn is up and running :-)

Arild

>I can run the script on Windows 10 because I have the Windows Git
>application installed (https://git-for-windows.github.io/) - "Git for
>Windows provides a BASH emulation used to run Git from the command
>line.
>*NIX users should feel right at home, as the BASH emulation behaves
>just
>like the "git" command in LINUX and UNIX environments.".
>
>If you don't otherwise need a git client, I believe there are other
>ways
>to get a Bash shell or similar.
>
>-- Gary
>
>On 3/20/2017 6:58 AM, Arild Berg wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  I just downloaded the latest Tiki 17 files from SVN and tried to run
>>  composer to install the vedor files.
>>  Didn't work well. On the one folder created (composer).
>>
>>  The write up on https://dev.tiki.org/Composer says that sh setup.sh
>>  should be run.
>>  Unfortunatelly this only works on Linux systems.
>>
>>  I tried the Windows steps, but it doesn't work.
>>
>>  Does anybody know how to get the vendor files for Tiki 17 installed
>>on a
>>  Windows system using IIS?
>>
>>  Arild

---