[Tiki-devel] Global assign permisssion => the checkbox toggle all

[Tiki-devel] Global assign permisssion => the checkbox toggle all

Bernard Sfez-3
Hello Tikiers,

Thanks to Gary the Global Permission page look awesome in Tiki 17 with the headers for the groups oriented at 45degres.

But I spotted a kind of redundancy with the groups ALWAYS displayed above the the section permission that display AGAIN all the groups for there own use.
Plus the new design (grey background) done to assure a relation between each group and the checkbox col look unfinished.

This is because we have a "select all" checkbox for each group and it is placed at the top.
Investigating how it works, it appears that the checkbox will work for any open section.

1/ You will need to scroll down the page to check (and re re check as it is pretty risky to assign permission that way imo) what are the actual open sections.

2/ I doubt this is used a lot during your admin lifetime for a Tiki. While this is certainly useful it is the kind of options you use twice or thrice (if ever).
On the other hand assigning permissions is something you will do all your admin lifetime.

3/ UI/UX rules says important things first and that why most of the other web application put the "check all" option at the bottom (phpmyadmin, …)

I suggest we move all this block at the bottom, right after the Tiki sections (then they can be oriented or styled as we want - differently will be better).

It will clear the display from redundancy and make much better sense for the usage (scrolling down is anyway is the only way to check on what you’ll apply bulk permission on opened section.

Re: [Tiki-devel] Global assign permisssion => the checkbox toggle all

Dr. Sassafras
Also, the bottom label looks 'not quite right' because of the angle. The top looks great, but with the bottom, it's no longer clear that it's a label. Perhaps it could be rotated to the other direction, or removed, or something?

+1 to moving select all to bottom

Brendan

On Jul 13, 2017, at 5:00 AM, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Brendan,

Also, the bottom label looks 'not quite right' because of the angle. The top looks great, but with the bottom, it's no longer clear that it's a label. Perhaps it could be rotated to the other direction, or removed, or something?

"the bottom label" You mean the space between Anonymous and the start of the col ?
We discussed that with Gary and he is working on it so the label and the col have the same background and look like one thing.

That where we found that the "select all" thing was in our way. ;)

Bernard

On 13 Jul 2017, at 13:03 , Dr. Sassafras <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I think Brendan is talking about the angle of the labels at the bottom.
They would need to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise so the beginning of
the text lines up with the column bottom.

-- Gary