[Tiki-devel] Fwd: New tiki-wiki questions for Jul 18 - Stack Exchange

[Tiki-devel] Fwd: New tiki-wiki questions for Jul 18 - Stack Exchange

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi all

This one is probably for Jean-Marc (maybe?), but thought i'd share it here - LDAP is one bit of Tiki i have absolutely no idea about :)

jb

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: New tiki-wiki questions for Jul 18 - Stack Exchange
Date: 18 July 2017 at 20:07:47 BST

Stack Exchange
The following item was added to your Stack Exchange "tiki-wiki" feed.
Stack Overflow

I have a problem when I tried to integrate tiki with my LDAP server. In the test_ldap.php I wrote the code to debug according to this website (https://doc.tiki.org/LDAP%20authentication). This code ...

tagged: tiki-wikiJul 18 at 18:36

Stack Exchange Inc. 110 William Street, 28th floor, NY NY 10038 <3

Re: [Tiki-devel] Fwd: New tiki-wiki questions for Jul 18 - Stack Exchange

Oliver Hertel
Hello Jonny,

Saturday, July 22, 2017, 4:42:21 PM, you wrote:

> This one is probably for Jean-Marc (maybe?), but thought i'd share
> it here - LDAP is one bit of Tiki i have absolutely no idea about :)

He got it working 2 days ago, the thread says. And LDAP is working, at least in Tiki 15.x, we are using it at work. :)

Where we are at it: when you set up tiki working with LDAP, and a new users registers, he has to create an account with a password ... but which then isn't used.
This is a little bit confusing for users.

Maybe there should be some hint like "This Tiki is using LDAP. The password you just entered is not being used. Use your LDAP password instead."

Cheers,
Oliver

Re: [Tiki-devel] Fwd: New tiki-wiki questions for Jul 18 - Stack Exchange

Jean-Marc Libs
Hi Oliver,

Actually, I don't understand why new users need to register on Tiki? Could they not simply log in with their LDAP credentials?

Is this because you want them to fill a user tracker?

Jyhem

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Oliver Hertel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Jonny,

Saturday, July 22, 2017, 4:42:21 PM, you wrote:

> This one is probably for Jean-Marc (maybe?), but thought i'd share
> it here - LDAP is one bit of Tiki i have absolutely no idea about :)

He got it working 2 days ago, the thread says. And LDAP is working, at least in Tiki 15.x, we are using it at work. :)

Where we are at it: when you set up tiki working with LDAP, and a new users registers, he has to create an account with a password ... but which then isn't used.
This is a little bit confusing for users.

Maybe there should be some hint like "This Tiki is using LDAP. The password you just entered is not being used. Use your LDAP password instead."

Cheers,
Oliver

Re: [Tiki-devel] Fwd: New tiki-wiki questions for Jul 18 - Stack Exchange

Jean-Marc Libs
As Oliver said, he got it working by editing ./vendor_extra/pear/Net/LDAP2/Entry.php

It's not a good solution because it's a third party package, but on the other hand he does not provide enough info to understand how to reproduce the issue.

I'll keep this in mind for when my experiments create a WSOD :)

Cheers,
Jyhem

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all

This one is probably for Jean-Marc (maybe?), but thought i'd share it here - LDAP is one bit of Tiki i have absolutely no idea about :)

jb

Begin forwarded message:

Re: [Tiki-devel] Fwd: New tiki-wiki questions for Jul 18 - Stack Exchange

Oliver Hertel
Hello Jean-Marc,

Saturday, July 22, 2017, 6:21:29 PM, you wrote:

> Actually, I don't understand why new users need to register on Tiki? Could they not simply log in with their LDAP credentials?
> Is this because you want them to fill a user tracker?

They need to get confirmed by admin right now.
 Oliver