[Tiki-devel] Fwd: Attribution & emojione

[Tiki-devel] Fwd: Attribution & emojione

Brendan Ferguson
In regards to the issue about licensing and the emojione library, below is the response from emojione.

So in order to satisfy the licence, we will need to include a link to emojione on the doc or dev site that talks about the emoji. Something we might have done even if not required to. People who deploy tiki sites don't have any obligation to display a link to emojione.

Brendan

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marcie Kubik <[hidden email]>
Date: January 27, 2017 at 9:44:59 PM GMT+9
To: Drsassafras <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Attribution

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for reaching out.  Adding a note to tiki.org will suffice to meet our requirements.  You may certainly place it in the readme file as well (in addition to adding it to the website), but it's not required.

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help!

Best wishes,
Marcie
EmojiOne

On Thu, Jan 26 at 9:54 AM, Drsassafras wrote:

Hi, we are looking at using emoji one as part of a web CMS called Tiki (tiki.org)

We're looking at your licence and wondering what "Link somewhere on the source web-site (minimum)" means. You also state "Note: if displayed within a plug-in (such as 3rd party comments), attribution is only required on the plug-in’s official site."

We could provide a link to emoji one in a readme file, that goes out with every tiki distribution. We could also place a link on a page describing the emoji somewhere on doc.tiki.org or dev.tiki.org. But we can't gaurentee or even think likely that many of the people using Tiki will provide a link to emojione on there websites. They will of course be using the emoji.

We're not sure the plugin clause applies to us, as it would not be a plugin, it would become integrated with Tiki. Can you help to clarify some of these issues for us?

Thanks

This e-mail was sent from a contact form at Emoji One:
http://emojione.com/contact/

[JPEDL0-G7YV]

Re: [Tiki-devel] Fwd: Attribution & emojione

Jean-Marc Libs
I just had a look and yes, it's nice to have a clear confirmation.

The license seems to be : http://emojione.com/licensing/ which directs to https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode (CC-BY 4.0)
and I feel it fits what they said in the email.

Just another nice CC license which is not compatible with LGPL, but it's fine as third party in vendors.

Thanks Brendan,
Jyhem