[Tiki-devel] Fwd: Action required: Vimeo advanced API shutdown

[Tiki-devel] Fwd: Action required: Vimeo advanced API shutdown

Jonny Bradley-4
We need to do this, for Tiki 17 at least (and 15 i guess too)

Dull... was it only three years? ;)

jb

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Vimeo" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Action required: Vimeo advanced API shutdown
Date: 23 February 2017 at 15:50:53 GMT

Dear developer,

After being deprecated for nearly three years, it's time to give a warm goodbye to the old Vimeo Advanced API. Many of you have already moved over to the new API, and are enjoying our new features (like lightning fast pull uploads, thumbnail uploads, and Vimeo On Demand support) but for everyone else, here's our plan:

How to tell if you're affected
Look at your API requests or API libraries. You need to move to the new API if any of the following are true:
  1. Your requests are going to http://vimeo.com/api/rest/v2
  2. You're using our official PHP library, and interacting with the API like this: $vimeo->call('vimeo.videos.getUploaded');
  3. Your authentication requires a client id, client secret, token and token secret
What’s next, and when
As a preliminary test, we’ll be shutting down the Advanced API on June 19th for four hours.

A month after that, on July 19th, we will be permanently revoking access to the Advanced API. If you’re unable to switch to the new API in time, contact us as soon as possible at https://help.vimeo.com.

Do you need assistance?
Moving between two versions of an API can be daunting, so we’re providing a simple conversion chart that explains how each Advanced API method maps to our new API’s REST actions. Find it here.

Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about the transition.

Love,
Vimeo

TM + © Vimeo, Inc.
555 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
Terms | Privacy