[Tiki-devel] Edit menu icon "appears" on the topbar after upgrade to 16.3 daily

[Tiki-devel] Edit menu icon "appears" on the topbar after upgrade to 16.3 daily

I have a Tiki that I use to test update from 15.x, 16.x and trunk.
I tested a daily 16.3 today and there is now on the topbar a new icon (like the one we have in wiki page edit section) to edit the menu that is pushing down the menu (breaking the display for whoever has edit menu perms) on Safari (chrome show it on the right)

I never saw that icon before on all the version I tested and I didn’t change anything to the tiki (database).

Is this a new or an old option ?
Does something changed about its default parameters ?

Re: [Tiki-devel] Edit menu icon "appears" on the topbar after upgrade to 16.3 daily

Bernard Sfez-3
After fighting with all caches the icon is still there but now display is ok on Safari.

Still, is there a parameter for this icon to be displayed or not ?

Bernard

On 5 Feb 2017, at 11:33 , Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I have a Tiki that I use to test update from 15.x, 16.x and trunk.
I tested a daily 16.3 today and there is now on the topbar a new icon (like the one we have in wiki page edit section) to edit the menu that is pushing down the menu (breaking the display for whoever has edit menu perms) on Safari (chrome show it on the right)

I never saw that icon before on all the version I tested and I didn’t change anything to the tiki (database).

Is this a new or an old option ?
Does something changed about its default parameters ?

Re: [Tiki-devel] Edit menu icon "appears" on the topbar after upgrade to 16.3 daily

Since it first appeared, I wondered if this icon is needed really - IMO
it isn't that hard to go to the admin-menus page to edit a menu, and how
often does this need to be done, anyway? It bothers me too, about this
feature, that it was added without being optional - there's no way to
turn it off that I know if, unless you use a CSS rule to prevent the
icon from displaying.

-- Gary