Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] Download Size Doubled

Brendan Ferguson
I noticed that from tiki 16 -> 17  the download size went from 51.4mb to 105.8, that is just over double in size. (zipped size)

Note- all sizes given uncompressed from here on.

I took a look and fond that we added:

Ploty.js 54.6mb
player 32.3mb
Hp5 3.8mb
jquery tablesorter 2.6mb

Notes:

Within player, KyodaiNoGilga.flv, KyodaiNoGilga.ogg & lapin_cretin.mov make up 25mb. Since they are already compressed, it looks like they take up a total of half the total size of the tiki16 download. They are home videos of video games and a animated character being dumped into a toilet. I believe there is a area in composer where superfluous files can be removed, perhaps these could be candidates?

Question: is plot.js worth the real-estate? I dont know much about it. Just asking the question.

So those are all the major file changes. A few other additions but file sizes are fairly small.

These files were there before, but thought worth mentioning:
Openlayers 3 is 4.2mb (and were not using it)
DomPDF is 13.8mb

Re: [Tiki-devel] Download Size Doubled

Marc Laporte-3
This is what we need:
https://dev.tiki.org/Composer+Web+Installer

Work has started:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/tikiwiki/code/branches/experimental/composer-web-install/

Plotly.js: It is awesome but I wonder why it's so big. Would be great to make smaller and deploy everywhere in Tiki (and replace current usage of external service)

videos should removed indeed

dompdf should be deprecated and all moved to mPDF, via Composer web installer

H5P offers over 20 features so it's worth its weight.

TableSorter is used all over, but optional.

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech