[Tiki-devel] Clever idea for crowded multi-select field

[Tiki-devel] Clever idea for crowded multi-select field

I have a Tiki 16.x using trackers.

Each tracker items has a field (kind of related) that is an item link to other items in the same trackers. (father + many children)

As they will be a huge number of option so it is unlikely to be used with dropdown or checkbox.
The common way on the net is to use auto-complete (chosen should be good for that).

But it should be also multi-select… (argh).
Multi-select mean we are back to a very big list of item to be displayed and it is not comfortable at all.

Does anyone see a clever way ?

(Before exploding the tracker and start using several trackers)

Re: [Tiki-devel] Clever idea for crowded multi-select field

Jonny Bradley-4

If i understand correctly you are using an ItemLink field, which does a many to one relationship but you want a one to many, or many to many relationship which ItemLink will not do (unless someone's changed it...)

You need a relations field instead i think?

HTH

jonny

> On 25 Apr 2017, at 10:16, luciash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Chosen can do multiselect. I do not see the problem?
>
> luci
>
> On 25.4.2017 11:04, Bernard Sfez wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a Tiki 16.x using trackers.
>>
>> Each tracker items has a field (kind of related) that is an item link to other items in the same trackers. (father + many children)
>>
>> As they will be a huge number of option so it is unlikely to be used with dropdown or checkbox.
>> The common way on the net is to use auto-complete (chosen should be good for that).
>>
>> But it should be also multi-select… (argh).
>> Multi-select mean we are back to a very big list of item to be displayed and it is not comfortable at all.
>>
>> Does anyone see a clever way ?
>>
>> (Before exploding the tracker and start using several trackers)
>>

>> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Clever idea for crowded multi-select field

Yes I may be the right way to set it…

However seems something is not working as doc suggest it should: https://doc.tiki.org/Relations+Tracker+Field

Based on the sample I set the Relation : person.agent.related and the filter to : trackerId=1&status=o&filterfield=1
Then later using : tracker_id=1

No result where found and error was displayed:
• Field trackerId does not exist in the current index. If this is a tracker field, the proper syntax is tracker_field_trackerId.

Seems unlike the doc suggest the filter expected value is a permaname…
I tried with the permaname of the fieldId=1 it returns me values (but then ALL values in the Index mixed, not only the fieldId=1

Bernard

On 25 Apr 2017, at 12:20 , Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Victor Emanouilov

Hi Bernard,

The proper name of the tracker id field to use is "tracker_id", not "trackerId". If you have at least one  tracker item or tracker field in the search index, then tracker_id field will exist in the search index.

Regards,
Victor