[Tiki-devel] CSS Prefixes

Brendan Ferguson
Just a quick check in there to make sure we are all on the same page.

I want to remove old prefixes from css. Ones that are needed for < 0.5% of browsers. I think its WAY outside of the published tiki browser requirements. A few weeks ago I added prefixes to tiki based on this margin.

We ok with that? I think at this point they are just dead weight.

We can also change these stats. We could for example move to .25%, add a bunch more prefixes, and remove the ones that still dont make the cut.

Anyhow, if there is no objections, I can make the adjustments.

Re: [Tiki-devel] CSS Prefixes

Gary Cunningham-Lee
I'd say Tiki's browser compatibility is tied to what Bootstrap 3
supports (http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/#support), so there's
no point in our adding vendor prefixes if the browser/version isn't
supported by Bootstrap.

-- Gary

On 1/25/2017 1:12 PM, Brendan Ferguson wrote:

> Just a quick check in there to make sure we are all on the same page.
>
> I want to remove old prefixes from css. Ones that are needed for < 0.5%
> of browsers. I think its WAY outside of the published tiki browser
> requirements. A few weeks ago I added prefixes to tiki based on this margin.
>
> We ok with that? I think at this point they are just dead weight.
>
> We can also change these stats. We could for example move to .25%, add a
> bunch more prefixes, and remove the ones that still dont make the cut.
>
> Anyhow, if there is no objections, I can make the adjustments.

Re: [Tiki-devel] CSS Prefixes

Brendan Ferguson
Ya. Good call. I will remove the unsupported prefixes shortly.

Brendan