[Tiki-devel] Branching is coming, please complete your work !

[Tiki-devel] Branching is coming, please complete your work !

Bernard Sfez-3
Hello Tikier,

We should branch and so initiate Tiki 17 release process soon.

Beside all the goodies and improvement, some task are to be completed before (some started already)
* Integrate HP5,
* Admin page clarification: Feature and Wiki
* jCapture removal
* Image Gallery to File Gallery transition script

Not sure that all could be done but that’s what we aim for.

I understood also a that a Composer revamp is underway as well as some work on converse.js

So please dev working on those a virtual countdown as started and it will be great for all you keep in mind our dead line for releasing Tiki17.

Tiki17 is going to be full of new things !!!

Re: [Tiki-devel] Branching is coming, please complete your work !

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi Bernard and all

Thanks for getting this started (once again).

I will be merging the experimental h5p branch into trunk next week, how are you guys (Fabio and Ricardo) looking on the other active ones: conversejs and composer-revamp? Are they intended for 17.x, and if so when do you think you will be ready to merge?

We really need all the big changes in place over the next week or so in order to be able to branch at the end of the month and so not be too late on a late April release of 17.0.

Image gallery removal will not be finished in time sadly, but i'll commit where i've got to on the migration script in doc/devtools so it can be evaluated and improved in time for 18.x, however i am hoping stage 1 of the list plugin GUI will be ready... if i get my skates on :)

Thanks everyone, i agree Tiki 17 will be great!

jonny

> On 16 Mar 2017, at 19:36, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Tikier,
>
> We should branch and so initiate Tiki 17 release process soon.
>
> Beside all the goodies and improvement, some task are to be completed before (some started already)
> * Integrate HP5,
> * Admin page clarification: Feature and Wiki
> * jCapture removal
> * Image Gallery to File Gallery transition script
>
> Not sure that all could be done but that’s what we aim for.
>
> I understood also a that a Composer revamp is underway as well as some work on converse.js
>
> So please dev working on those a virtual countdown as started and it will be great for all you keep in mind our dead line for releasing Tiki17.
>
> Tiki17 is going to be full of new things !!!
> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Branching is coming, please complete your work !

Ricardo Melo
Hi all,

If any of you have a couple of minutes to spare would be nice to test, looks good but I probably overlooked something.

I would like to merge that back to trunk asap to avoid diverging too much.

Still for Tiki17, I'll try to have also the ZF components updated to the same level as ZF3... and a couple of small other things.

Ricardo

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Bernard and all

Thanks for getting this started (once again).

I will be merging the experimental h5p branch into trunk next week, how are you guys (Fabio and Ricardo) looking on the other active ones: conversejs and composer-revamp? Are they intended for 17.x, and if so when do you think you will be ready to merge?

We really need all the big changes in place over the next week or so in order to be able to branch at the end of the month and so not be too late on a late April release of 17.0.

Image gallery removal will not be finished in time sadly, but i'll commit where i've got to on the migration script in doc/devtools so it can be evaluated and improved in time for 18.x, however i am hoping stage 1 of the list plugin GUI will be ready... if i get my skates on :)

Thanks everyone, i agree Tiki 17 will be great!

jonny

> On 16 Mar 2017, at 19:36, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Tikier,
>
> We should branch and so initiate Tiki 17 release process soon.
>
> Beside all the goodies and improvement, some task are to be completed before (some started already)
> * Integrate HP5,
> * Admin page clarification: Feature and Wiki
> * jCapture removal
> * Image Gallery to File Gallery transition script
>
> Not sure that all could be done but that’s what we aim for.
>
> I understood also a that a Composer revamp is underway as well as some work on converse.js
>
> So please dev working on those a virtual countdown as started and it will be great for all you keep in mind our dead line for releasing Tiki17.
>
> Tiki17 is going to be full of new things !!!
> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Branching is coming, please complete your work !

Victor Emanouilov

Hi Ricardo,

I just spotted one missing piece - there are wiki plugins in lib/wiki-plugins that reference vendor/ based js libs (pivottable for sure but I think there are others too). Shouldn't these be updated to new vendor location? Also, I'd run a general grep on the whole tiki tree for vendor/ paths and review each one to be sure we are not missing something.

Thanks!
Victor

On 03/17/2017 01:00 PM, Ricardo Melo wrote:
Hi all,

If any of you have a couple of minutes to spare would be nice to test, looks good but I probably overlooked something.

I would like to merge that back to trunk asap to avoid diverging too much.

Still for Tiki17, I'll try to have also the ZF components updated to the same level as ZF3... and a couple of small other things.

Ricardo

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Bernard and all

Thanks for getting this started (once again).

I will be merging the experimental h5p branch into trunk next week, how are you guys (Fabio and Ricardo) looking on the other active ones: conversejs and composer-revamp? Are they intended for 17.x, and if so when do you think you will be ready to merge?

We really need all the big changes in place over the next week or so in order to be able to branch at the end of the month and so not be too late on a late April release of 17.0.

Image gallery removal will not be finished in time sadly, but i'll commit where i've got to on the migration script in doc/devtools so it can be evaluated and improved in time for 18.x, however i am hoping stage 1 of the list plugin GUI will be ready... if i get my skates on :)

Thanks everyone, i agree Tiki 17 will be great!

jonny

> On 16 Mar 2017, at 19:36, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Tikier,
>
> We should branch and so initiate Tiki 17 release process soon.
>
> Beside all the goodies and improvement, some task are to be completed before (some started already)
> * Integrate HP5,
> * Admin page clarification: Feature and Wiki
> * jCapture removal
> * Image Gallery to File Gallery transition script
>
> Not sure that all could be done but that’s what we aim for.
>
> I understood also a that a Composer revamp is underway as well as some work on converse.js
>
> So please dev working on those a virtual countdown as started and it will be great for all you keep in mind our dead line for releasing Tiki17.
>
> Tiki17 is going to be full of new things !!!
> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Branching is coming, please complete your work !

Great! Looking forward big time!

On 17.03.2017 11:10, Jonny Bradley wrote:

> Hi Bernard and all
>
> Thanks for getting this started (once again).
>
> I will be merging the experimental h5p branch into trunk next week, how are you guys (Fabio and Ricardo) looking on the other active ones: conversejs and composer-revamp? Are they intended for 17.x, and if so when do you think you will be ready to merge?
>
> We really need all the big changes in place over the next week or so in order to be able to branch at the end of the month and so not be too late on a late April release of 17.0.
>
> Image gallery removal will not be finished in time sadly, but i'll commit where i've got to on the migration script in doc/devtools so it can be evaluated and improved in time for 18.x, however i am hoping stage 1 of the list plugin GUI will be ready... if i get my skates on :)
>
> Thanks everyone, i agree Tiki 17 will be great!
>
> jonny
>

>> On 16 Mar 2017, at 19:36, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Tikier,
>>
>> We should branch and so initiate Tiki 17 release process soon.
>>
>> Beside all the goodies and improvement, some task are to be completed before (some started already)
>> * Integrate HP5,
>> * Admin page clarification: Feature and Wiki
>> * jCapture removal
>> * Image Gallery to File Gallery transition script
>>
>> Not sure that all could be done but that’s what we aim for.
>>
>> I understood also a that a Composer revamp is underway as well as some work on converse.js
>>
>> So please dev working on those a virtual countdown as started and it will be great for all you keep in mind our dead line for releasing Tiki17.
>>
>> Tiki17 is going to be full of new things !!!
>> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Branching is coming, please complete your work !

Hi Ricardo,

I agree you need to get this merged back in quickly as the changes are so widespread, conflicts will start mounting up quickly!

So, checking out experimental/composer-revamp... and running setup.sh i got

> Your choice [c]?
>
> Local PHP version >= required PHP version 56 - good
> The defined install dir (temp) does not exist.

presumably because the file perms haven't been set up for it yet, i guess that should be added (any bash speaking volunteers? ;)

Hmm, nope, did "f" for fix and it's still now working - is that a problem just in this branch?

More later i hope...

jonny

> [...]
>>

>> > On 16 Mar 2017, at 19:36, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello Tikier,
>> >
>> > We should branch and so initiate Tiki 17 release process soon.
>> >
>> > Beside all the goodies and improvement, some task are to be completed before (some started already)
>> > * Integrate HP5,
>> > * Admin page clarification: Feature and Wiki
>> > * jCapture removal
>> > * Image Gallery to File Gallery transition script
>> >
>> > Not sure that all could be done but that’s what we aim for.
>> >
>> > I understood also a that a Composer revamp is underway as well as some work on converse.js
>> >
>> > So please dev working on those a virtual countdown as started and it will be great for all you keep in mind our dead line for releasing Tiki17.
>> >
>> > Tiki17 is going to be full of new things !!!
>> > Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Branching is coming, please complete your work !

Hi Victor,

thank you for the input, I've double check and in fact I missed a replacemnete in the tiki-install.php (updated in teh experimental branch already). The one that you mentioned (plugin pivottable)  was replaced (together with hundreds more).

The grep I'm using is:

grep -R vendor * | grep -v vendor_bundled/vendor | grep -v "vendor/name" | grep -v "language.php://" | grep -v "db/tiki-secdb_"

And then I have reviewd manually each of the results, but a second set of eye is always welcome :-)

Ricardo

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Victor Emanouilov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Ricardo,

I just spotted one missing piece - there are wiki plugins in lib/wiki-plugins that reference vendor/ based js libs (pivottable for sure but I think there are others too). Shouldn't these be updated to new vendor location? Also, I'd run a general grep on the whole tiki tree for vendor/ paths and review each one to be sure we are not missing something.

Thanks!
Victor

On 03/17/2017 01:00 PM, Ricardo Melo wrote:
Hi all,

If any of you have a couple of minutes to spare would be nice to test, looks good but I probably overlooked something.

I would like to merge that back to trunk asap to avoid diverging too much.

Still for Tiki17, I'll try to have also the ZF components updated to the same level as ZF3... and a couple of small other things.

Ricardo

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Bernard and all

Thanks for getting this started (once again).

I will be merging the experimental h5p branch into trunk next week, how are you guys (Fabio and Ricardo) looking on the other active ones: conversejs and composer-revamp? Are they intended for 17.x, and if so when do you think you will be ready to merge?

We really need all the big changes in place over the next week or so in order to be able to branch at the end of the month and so not be too late on a late April release of 17.0.

Image gallery removal will not be finished in time sadly, but i'll commit where i've got to on the migration script in doc/devtools so it can be evaluated and improved in time for 18.x, however i am hoping stage 1 of the list plugin GUI will be ready... if i get my skates on :)

Thanks everyone, i agree Tiki 17 will be great!

jonny

> On 16 Mar 2017, at 19:36, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Tikier,
>
> We should branch and so initiate Tiki 17 release process soon.
>
> Beside all the goodies and improvement, some task are to be completed before (some started already)
> * Integrate HP5,
> * Admin page clarification: Feature and Wiki
> * jCapture removal
> * Image Gallery to File Gallery transition script
>
> Not sure that all could be done but that’s what we aim for.
>
> I understood also a that a Composer revamp is underway as well as some work on converse.js
>
> So please dev working on those a virtual countdown as started and it will be great for all you keep in mind our dead line for releasing Tiki17.
>
> Tiki17 is going to be full of new things !!!
> Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Branching is coming, please complete your work !

Ricardo Melo
Hi Jonny,

I did some changes in the setup.sh that might have caused that .... just in case (it works in my machine... :-) ) I reverted the changes and approched the problem in a different way.

I've checkout a clean copy form SVN run sh setup.sh (in osx) and it executed perfectly, if you have the chance try again with the latest version of the branch.

Ricardo

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> > On 16 Mar 2017, at 19:36, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello Tikier,
>> >
>> > We should branch and so initiate Tiki 17 release process soon.
>> >
>> > Beside all the goodies and improvement, some task are to be completed before (some started already)
>> > * Integrate HP5,
>> > * Admin page clarification: Feature and Wiki
>> > * jCapture removal
>> > * Image Gallery to File Gallery transition script
>> >
>> > Not sure that all could be done but that’s what we aim for.
>> >
>> > I understood also a that a Composer revamp is underway as well as some work on converse.js
>> >
>> > So please dev working on those a virtual countdown as started and it will be great for all you keep in mind our dead line for releasing Tiki17.
>> >
>> > Tiki17 is going to be full of new things !!!
>> > Bernard Sfez | bsfez.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] Branching is coming, please complete your work !

Hi Ricardo (oops, just found this draft from yesterday, too late as i see you merged it into trunk already but thought i'd send it re the password stuff doe Brendan)

Thanks for that, setup.sh seems to be running happily now... and the installer runs fine, but when entering my tiki (without locking the installer) i got a fatal error about "lib/pass_blacklists" being missing - nothin to do with the composer revamp i think, but Brendan, could you check a completely clean install runs ok? When i reloaded the page the error went away...

Oh, then when running database:update i got:

> PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../branches/experimental/composer-revamp/lib/user/blacklistlib.php on line 304

Hmm, and now (presumably after clearing caches)

> Warning: scandir(/Users/jonny/Code/tikidev/tiki_svn/branches/experimental/composer-revamp/lib/user/../lib/pass_blacklists): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in .../branches/experimental/composer-revamp/lib/user/blacklistlib.php on line 297

Not sure if this is in trunk or just this branch, but moving on... ;)

Anyway, everything else seems to run ok, but i haven't tested everything obviously, i got half way through the setup wizard and all ok there, installed the collaborative community profile, and that seems fine (apart from the "Warning: ../lib/pass_blacklists): failed to open dir: ... blacklistlib.php on line 297 errors" after cache clearing)

Did some random clicking about (posted in a forum, uploaded a file, edited a page, switched to wysiwyg etc) and no errors, so well done Ricaro (once again), looks like a good job to me, but hopefully someone else (Victor maybe?) can offer a second opinion before you merge back in?

jonny