Quantcast

[Tiki-devel] A Tablesorter question

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi Lindon! :)

thank you so much for all the work you've put in to integrating and deploying tablesorter in tiki over the past few years, it's great and in almost every respect better than the old lists we used to have, except in one small way, or maybe i just don't know how to do it.

Is there a way to pre-fill the sort order and filters on the url some how? Mainly i'm thinking it would be really handy to keep a short cut to the users list filtered by not validated and in most recently registered order (like for spammer filtering we're having to do again on tiki.org).

I found this widget doc on their site: https://mottie.github.io/tablesorter/docs/example-widget-sort-to-hash.html but it looks like it's not enabled by default - could we have this? Or is there (even better) a way to use the "real" url and not just the hash?

Anyway, just wondering...

Re: [Tiki-devel] A Tablesorter question

lindon-4

Hi Jonny,

Now even a couple of clicks to sort and filter users with ajax is too much - we’re getting spoiled :)

There’s sort of a way to do this, but if you paginate the sorting and filtering doesn’t hold like it does if you did it through tablesorter.

The filters can be replicated by the following:

Sorting by ascending date ascending would be:

These parameters can be seen in this file: lib/core/Table/Settings/TikiAdminusers.php

Looks like the sort2hash might help - would need to look at it.

Tablesorter uses parameters like "sort[4]=0” to mean "sort the fourth column ascending”. I use a customAjaxUrl feature in tablesorter to convert that into the parameters that Tiki uses, for example in the function in tiki-adminusers.php that fetches the user records. So not sure offhand how layering in the sort2hash on top of that would work.
Regards,
lindon

On May 8, 2017, at 6:21 AM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Lindon

That will do, we're only really interested in the first page of spammers and ne'er-do-wells ;)

It's not just a couple of clicks, when trying to keep the spammers out we might get a dozen registrations which we now have to check "manually" and each time you look at the user's details you have to re-do the filter and sort when you go back to the list, so we're actually talking about dozens of clicks... life is so hard! :)

r62434 should help speed up this process too when we're on 17.x

I suppose making those parts persist in pagination or other filtering would be a hard task, but maybe that sort2hash widget might help? For instance, now the filter dropdown reads "Select a filter" even though the filter is working (but only on the back end presumably).

Anyway, that gets us going, so many thanks! :)

jonny

> On 9 May 2017, at 02:10, lindon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi Jonny,
>
> Now even a couple of clicks to sort and filter users with ajax is too much - we’re getting spoiled :)
>
> There’s sort of a way to do this, but if you paginate the sorting and filtering doesn’t hold like it does if you did it through tablesorter.
>
> The filters can be replicated by the following:
> tiki-adminusers.php?filterEmailNotConfirmed=on
> tiki-adminusers.php?filterNotValidated=on
> tiki-adminusers.php?filterNeverLoggedIn=on
>
> Sorting by ascending date ascending would be:
> tiki-adminusers.php?sort_mode=registrationDate_asc
>
> These parameters can be seen in this file: lib/core/Table/Settings/TikiAdminusers.php
>
> Looks like the sort2hash might help - would need to look at it.
>
> Tablesorter uses parameters like "sort[4]=0” to mean "sort the fourth column ascending”. I use a customAjaxUrl feature in tablesorter to convert that into the parameters that Tiki uses, for example in the function in tiki-adminusers.php that fetches the user records. So not sure offhand how layering in the sort2hash on top of that would work.
> Regards,
> lindon
>

>> On May 8, 2017, at 6:21 AM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Lindon! :)
>>
>> thank you so much for all the work you've put in to integrating and deploying tablesorter in tiki over the past few years, it's great and in almost every respect better than the old lists we used to have, except in one small way, or maybe i just don't know how to do it.
>>
>> Is there a way to pre-fill the sort order and filters on the url some how? Mainly i'm thinking it would be really handy to keep a short cut to the users list filtered by not validated and in most recently registered order (like for spammer filtering we're having to do again on tiki.org).
>>
>> I found this widget doc on their site: https://mottie.github.io/tablesorter/docs/example-widget-sort-to-hash.html but it looks like it's not enabled by default - could we have this? Or is there (even better) a way to use the "real" url and not just the hash?
>>
>> Anyway, just wondering...
>>
>> jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] A Tablesorter question

lindon-4

> On May 9, 2017, at 6:10 AM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Thanks Lindon
>
> That will do, we're only really interested in the first page of spammers and ne'er-do-wells ;)
>
> It's not just a couple of clicks, when trying to keep the spammers out we might get a dozen registrations which we now have to check "manually" and each time you look at the user's details you have to re-do the filter and sort when you go back to the list, so we're actually talking about dozens of clicks... life is so hard! :)

Got it, thanks.

> r62434 should help speed up this process too when we're on 17.x
>
> I suppose making those parts persist in pagination or other filtering would be a hard task, but maybe that sort2hash widget might help?

Wheels are turning - will think about whether something could be done either with this widget or with the existing URL manipulation

> For instance, now the filter dropdown reads "Select a filter" even though the filter is working (but only on the back end presumably).

Yes, that's because we're bypassing tablesorter and going straight to the PHP fetch function. The trick would be to get tablesorter to recognize when it is being bypassed and get it to update its pagination, sorting and filtering controls accordingly.