[Tiki-devel] 17.0 alpha release

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi all release fans! :)

Tiki 17.0 alpha is now available for your perusal, the usual tarballs (apart from 7zip this time, sorry) are here:

   https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_TBA/

I tested one of them locally, seemed to have everything in (after i fixed the composer directory thing), so please test and see how it goes for you!

If anyone's doing a release notice communication this came out of the release script:

> +1 contributor(s), +1482 commit(s)

Thanks all :)

Re: [Tiki-devel] 17.0 alpha release

I got the zip version and can confirm that it unpacks and installs
without a hitch.

-- Gary

On 5/8/2017 2:37 AM, Jonny Bradley wrote:

> Hi all release fans! :)
>
> Tiki 17.0 alpha is now available for your perusal, the usual tarballs (apart from 7zip this time, sorry) are here:
>
>     https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_TBA/
>
> I tested one of them locally, seemed to have everything in (after i fixed the composer directory thing), so please test and see how it goes for you!
>
> If anyone's doing a release notice communication this came out of the release script:
>
>> +1 contributor(s), +1482 commit(s)
>
> Thanks all :)
>
> jonny

[Tiki-devel] 17.0 beta release

Hi all,

I'm just about to start on releasing 17.0 beta so please refrain from any commits in 17.x for a couple of hours.

Thanks (see you on IRC if you want to join in? ;)

jonny

> On 7 May 2017, at 18:37, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all release fans! :)
>
> Tiki 17.0 alpha is now available for your perusal, the usual tarballs (apart from 7zip this time, sorry) are here:
>
>   https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_TBA/
>
> I tested one of them locally, seemed to have everything in (after i fixed the composer directory thing), so please test and see how it goes for you!
>
> If anyone's doing a release notice communication this came out of the release script:
>
>> +1 contributor(s), +1482 commit(s)
>
> Thanks all :)
>
> jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] 17.0 beta release

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi all

Had to revert to using the previous tikirelease.sh script as there were issues with the new php version, and i've run out of time but will try and fix it later.

I'm uploading the tarballs anyway to https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_TBA/17.0beta/ so please can anyone who's around test a couple of them, i unzipped and installed the gzip one, seems ok.

More later...

jonny

> On 28 May 2017, at 14:23, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just about to start on releasing 17.0 beta so please refrain from any commits in 17.x for a couple of hours.
>
> Thanks (see you on IRC if you want to join in? ;)
>
> jonny
>

>> On 7 May 2017, at 18:37, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all release fans! :)
>>
>> Tiki 17.0 alpha is now available for your perusal, the usual tarballs (apart from 7zip this time, sorry) are here:
>>
>>  https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_TBA/
>>
>> I tested one of them locally, seemed to have everything in (after i fixed the composer directory thing), so please test and see how it goes for you!
>>
>> If anyone's doing a release notice communication this came out of the release script:
>>
>>> +1 contributor(s), +1482 commit(s)
>>
>> Thanks all :)
>>
>> jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] 17.0 beta release

Geoff - Enmore Services
Hi - I've just downloaded the 17.0beta  .zip and used it successfully to
upgrade a simple site that I've recently set up using 17.0alpha

Many thanks Jonny and everyone else !

As I said, it all went OK but the site is pretty basic so whilst the upgrade
went OK I will need to do some more general 17.0 testing somewhere else

More anon if/when I get time

Geoff

Had to revert to using the previous tikirelease.sh script as there were
issues with the new php version, and i've run out of time but will try and
fix it later.

I'm uploading the tarballs anyway to
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_TBA/17.0beta/ so
please can anyone who's around test a couple of them, i unzipped and
installed the gzip one, seems ok.

More later...

jonny

> On 28 May 2017, at 14:23, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just about to start on releasing 17.0 beta so please refrain from any
commits in 17.x for a couple of hours.

> Thanks (see you on IRC if you want to join in? ;)
>
> jonny
>

>> On 7 May 2017, at 18:37, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all release fans! :)
>>
>> Tiki 17.0 alpha is now available for your perusal, the usual tarballs
(apart from 7zip this time, sorry) are here:

>>  https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_TBA/
>>
>> I tested one of them locally, seemed to have everything in (after i fixed
the composer directory thing), so please test and see how it goes for you!

>> If anyone's doing a release notice communication this came out of the
release script:

>>> +1 contributor(s), +1482 commit(s)
>>
>> Thanks all :)
>>
>> jonny

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: [Tiki-devel] 17.0 beta release

Dr. Sassafras
> On May 28, 2017, at 11:03 AM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Had to revert to using the previous tikirelease.sh script as there were issues with the new php version, and i've run out of time but will try and fix it later.

Thats disappointing.

> I'm uploading the tarballs anyway to https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_TBA/17.0beta/ so please can anyone who's around test a couple of them, i unzipped and installed the gzip one, seems ok.
>
> More later...
>
> jonny
>

>> On 28 May 2017, at 14:23, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm just about to start on releasing 17.0 beta so please refrain from any commits in 17.x for a couple of hours.
>>
>> Thanks (see you on IRC if you want to join in? ;)
>>
>> jonny
>>

>>> On 7 May 2017, at 18:37, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all release fans! :)
>>>
>>> Tiki 17.0 alpha is now available for your perusal, the usual tarballs (apart from 7zip this time, sorry) are here:
>>>
>>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_TBA/
>>>
>>> I tested one of them locally, seemed to have everything in (after i fixed the composer directory thing), so please test and see how it goes for you!
>>>
>>> If anyone's doing a release notice communication this came out of the release script:

>>> Thanks all :)
>>>
>>> jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] 17.0 beta release

Jonny Bradley-4

And thanks Geoff for the test, even if minimal :)

jonny

> On 29 May 2017, at 09:11, Bernard Sfez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Jonny for taking care of this !
>
>> On 28 May 2017, at 19:55 , Geoff - Enmore Services <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi - I've just downloaded the 17.0beta  .zip and used it successfully to
>> upgrade a simple site that I've recently set up using 17.0alpha
>>
>> Many thanks Jonny and everyone else !
>>
>> As I said, it all went OK but the site is pretty basic so whilst the upgrade
>> went OK I will need to do some more general 17.0 testing somewhere else
>>
>> More anon if/when I get time
>>
>> Geoff

Jean-Marc Libs
Hi Jonny,

Thanks!
I set up the 7zip one and I tested upgrading an elaborate site. It worked well, except a tiny issue: http://dev.tiki.org/item6353

Cheers,
J-M

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 5:03 PM, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all

Had to revert to using the previous tikirelease.sh script as there were issues with the new php version, and i've run out of time but will try and fix it later.

I'm uploading the tarballs anyway to https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_TBA/17.0beta/ so please can anyone who's around test a couple of them, i unzipped and installed the gzip one, seems ok.

More later...

jonny

> On 28 May 2017, at 14:23, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just about to start on releasing 17.0 beta so please refrain from any commits in 17.x for a couple of hours.
>
> Thanks (see you on IRC if you want to join in? ;)
>
> jonny
>

>> On 7 May 2017, at 18:37, Jonny Bradley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all release fans! :)
>>
>> Tiki 17.0 alpha is now available for your perusal, the usual tarballs (apart from 7zip this time, sorry) are here:
>>
>>  https://sourceforge.net/projects/tikiwiki/files/Tiki_17.x_TBA/
>>
>> I tested one of them locally, seemed to have everything in (after i fixed the composer directory thing), so please test and see how it goes for you!
>>
>> If anyone's doing a release notice communication this came out of the release script:
>>
>>> +1 contributor(s), +1482 commit(s)
>>
>> Thanks all :)
>>
>> jonny

Re: [Tiki-devel] 17.0 beta release

Jonny Bradley-4

Thanks Jean-Marc, yes i saw that one - odd it doesn't happen from 12 to 15, but does with 12 to 17, will to and check, but i don't remember anything changing in that code (we had a load of trouble with spurious homepages being created in about tiki 6 i think).

Is it not a sefurl/htaccess thing perhaps?

What does verbose curl say is going on?

Thanks for the report though :)

jb