Quantcast

Re: [Tiki-devel] Fatal error using webmail in 16.2 - and a few more 16.2 'irritants'

Re: [Tiki-devel] Fatal error using webmail in 16.2 - and a few more 16.2 'irritants'

Geoff - Enmore Services

Thanks Jonny – yep back into a bit of a Tiki push to move my Tiki12 sites through to Bootstrap and at least Tiki15

So, an enabling project for this is this new Tiki16 deployment where I’m aiming to check out as much of ‘my stuff’ as possible i.e. all the various special (and perhaps you might think odd!!) ways that I’ve developed over the years.

This ZF2 migration fatal error is the only biggy I’ve tripped over so far, but I’ve also just found a couple of what I would call ‘irritants’.

Therefore, recognising that it is the “grit in an oyster that produces the pearl” I thought I’d set them out here to see if anyone has any suggestions or advice since some of them may simply be some config that I haven’t got quite right.

I will of course log them as bugs if the feedback suggests they are real bugs rather than my stupidity!

Thanks for anyone’s suggestions!

Geoff

Tiki 16.2 ‘irritants’

  1. To make page redirects as painless as possible I use the ‘alias’ function which works well in Tiki12.
    1. For this I switch on "Redirect to similar wiki page", “Redirect to page alias, if any” and “Semantic links” and use the word ‘alias’ for the “Semantic link types to use as page alias markers” setting, then
    2. At the bottom of relevant wiki pages (in the html source screen if using ‘full’ html wysiwyg) I add something like {DIV()}~tc~(alias(Homepage))~/tc~{DIV} so that Homepage becomes synonymous with that page, but you don’t see anything on the page.
    3. This works well in Tiki12 and indeed 15.4 but I can’t get it to work in 16.2 in a wysiwyg HTML page - the DIV just gets converted to the slimline div format and all the body content is deleted
  2. Using the Files field for images in trackers and the new/nice drag ‘n’ drop facility works well in Tiki12 i.e. in either the main tracker admin screen or via a plugin in a wiki page you ‘see’ a ‘drop zone’ and you simply drop a file there. But in Tiki 16 (and Tiki15) the create or add item produces a pop-up and first of all the choice between “Upload Files” and “Browse Files” is not an obvious choice between drag ‘n’ drop versus browse/select and more importantly if you select “Upload Files” the pop-up changes and you still see  a browse choice but you now see “Or drop files here from your file manager.” But this does not seem to be a ‘drop zone’ and if you try and drop an image there, the image is simply shown in the browser. What am I doing wrong?? Something not configured??

Re: [Tiki-devel] Fatal error using webmail in 16.2 - and a few more 16.2 'irritants'

Jonny Bradley-4
Hi Geoff

On 18 Feb 2017, at 14:15, Geoff - Enmore Services <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Jonny – yep back into a bit of a Tiki push to move my Tiki12 sites through to Bootstrap and at least Tiki15

So, an enabling project for this is this new Tiki16 deployment where I’m aiming to check out as much of ‘my stuff’ as possible i.e. all the various special (and perhaps you might think odd!!) ways that I’ve developed over the years.

This ZF2 migration fatal error is the only biggy I’ve tripped over so far, but I’ve also just found a couple of what I would call ‘irritants’.

Hopefully all fixed in r61330 in trunk, can you test in that before we backport in case i missed any (mostly it was the headers now are Capitalised instead of lowercase)

[...]

Aha! I knew there would be some consequence of that fix - i moved where the ~tc~ comments were being generated to prevent them appearing in the page {toc} so i guess that means something thinks the div is empty so converts it to the inline format while being parsed back from ckeditor. Maybe you can add an <!-- html comment !> or just something else which isn't inside the tc comment and it should stay where as it is - maybe?

  1. Using the Files field for images in trackers and the new/nice drag ‘n’ drop facility works well in Tiki12 i.e. in either the main tracker admin screen or via a plugin in a wiki page you ‘see’ a ‘drop zone’ and you simply drop a file there. But in Tiki 16 (and Tiki15) the create or add item produces a pop-up and first of all the choice between “Upload Files” and “Browse Files” is not an obvious choice between drag ‘n’ drop versus browse/select and more importantly if you select “Upload Files” the pop-up changes and you still see  a browse choice but you now see “Or drop files here from your file manager.” But this does not seem to be a ‘drop zone’ and if you try and drop an image there, the image is simply shown in the browser. What am I doing wrong?? Something not configured??

Indeed, an annoying "feature" which should have been optional imho (r55689 i think).

HTH

jb