Quantcast

Re: [Tiki-devel] Clarifying phrasing of version check results for LTS releases

Re: [Tiki-devel] Clarifying phrasing of version check results for LTS releases

Cloutier, Philippe (RESSOURCE EXTERNE)
On 2017-01-26 07:37, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:
It doesn't seem necessary to start using "STS" for the versions that
aren't "LTS" IMO. Presumably the site admins have some awareness of
Tiki's versioning and release cycles and don't need to get everything
spelled out in this notice. But if more info is needed, there could be a
"For more information" link to the explaining page.

I also don't think it is necessary. I think the current and proposed wordings are already acceptable.

-- Gary

On 2017-01-26 06:45, Brendan Ferguson wrote:
Caps are a little strange on this one. Any English Phd's here?

I think "Your Tiki is up to Date" is right, but could be corrected.
The "Your Tiki is up to date." is correct for a sentence. But this is
a heading.... or if its not, they should be brought down onto the same
line. Not capping "to" while capping "up" seems odd. "Your Tiki Is Up
To Date" is I guess another option.

15.4 LTS is the most recent <a href="https://doc.tiki.org/Versions
<http://doc.tiki.org/versions>" target="_blank">long term support
version</a>. Anupgrade to <a href="https://doc.tiki.org/Tiki16"
target="_blank">16.2</a> is also available.

How about:

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Gary Cunningham-Lee
<[hidden email] [hidden email]> wrote:

     A little more tuning, about capitalization:

     Your Tiki is up to date.

     or

     Your Tiki Is Up to Date.

     On 1/26/2017 7:23 PM, Bernard Sfez wrote:
     > Tuning
     >
     > Your Tiki is up to Date
     >
     > 15.4 LTS is the most recent <a href=doc.tiki.org/versions
     <http://doc.tiki.org/versions>
     > <http://doc.tiki.org/versions>">Long Term Support version</a>. An
     > upgrade to 16.2 is also available.

I think describing the distinction between both versions will indeed be
the easiest way to clarify. Unfortunately, we do not have a term to
contrast LTS with. I think we could call 16 a "short term support"
version quite accurately, though less marketingly. I don't expect us to
do that, but I would actually support calling most versions "STS" as
long as they have no more than ½ a year of support.

     > Not a lot of changes but look much better.
     >
     > If good I’ll commit.

[...]

--
Filipus Klutiero