Re: Category Object Count Turned Off Prematurely (I Feel)

Re: Category Object Count Turned Off Prematurely (I Feel)

rick@ricksapir.com
More important than overall size is the quantities...
- How many categories (and trees) do you have?
- How many categorized objects?

-R

---
Rick Sapir
Creating Content - Managing Information

Sent from my mobile device.

Re: Category Object Count Turned Off Prematurely (I Feel)

jmorris
This post was updated on .
Rick, thanks for your reply, I greatly appreciate it.
I do not believe we have a ridiculous structure, although I am not sure anymore, thanks for any suggestions you may have.
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Category Object Count Turned Off Prematurely (I Feel)

jmorris
Also Rick, all items are categorized, but I have only a dozen wiki pages that are categorized, and I have about 80 files (images) that are categorized. Thanks again.
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Category Object Count Turned Off Prematurely (I Feel)

rick@ricksapir.com
You might need to run some sort of profiler to see what is causing the
performance issue. Having ~100 categorized objects should not be an
issue.

-R

---
Rick Sapir
http://ricksapir.com
Twitter: @ricksapir

On 2016-09-25 19:22, jmorris wrote:

> Also Rick, all items are categorized, but I have only a dozen wiki
> pages that
> are categorized, and I have about 80 files (images) that are
> categorized.
> Thanks again.
> John
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Category Object Count Turned Off Prematurely (I Feel)

jmorris
Rick, thanks again, can you tell me what a profiler is please?
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Category Object Count Turned Off Prematurely (I Feel)

jmorris
Can someone tell me what is a profiler? Anybody? I have tried to find for myself but cannot seem to find any documentation on this, thanks!
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Category Object Count Turned Off Prematurely (I Feel)

Xavier de Pedro (Tiki)
Hi John:

See this, for instance:

https://xdebug.org/docs/profiler