RE: Tikiwiki-devel digest, Vol 1 #1250 - 5 msgs

RE: Tikiwiki-devel digest, Vol 1 #1250 - 5 msgs

Verdon, Denis
RE: Tikiwiki-devel digest, Vol 1 #1250 - 5 msgs

All,

My organization has been using Tiki/CMS for some time now, and have been diligently submitting our amendments back to Tiki, in the proper spirit of Open Source.

However, there are a considerable number of non-Tiki-specific add-on applications, written predominantly in PHP/Javascript, that constitute our solution, that we have developed without involvement in Tiki.  Some example applications include:

1.  A Galaxia-based software vulnerability management system that correlates open-source and commercial software vulnerability information into pan-enterprise risk assessments;

2.  A document signature process that allows for electronic signing of legal and compliance documentation;
3.  A fully fledged Learning Management System that leverages Tiki's quizing system and the above signing process, to track mandatory staff training;

4.  A fully HTML-based Newsletter function, with HTML template functionality, that leverages Tiki's CMS system for building content.

For the most part, these are mainly discreet apps that leverage some Tiki functionality.  However, together, this provides a specific business solution, one which has attracted attention from a number of Financial Services organizations, and for which we are now beginning to explore opportunities for wider dissemination.  One opportunity is to open-source our code to the community.

I would like to discuss with you ideas you may have for doing so, and what role the Tiki/CMS community might play in this initiative.  One option may be to roll all of this into its own branch, a "special edition" Tiki/CMS package, with the Tiki community playing an active role.

If there is sufficient interest in discussing this, please let me know and I will coordinate a conference call.

Denis Verdon, Senior Vice President & Head of CISG
FNF - Corporate Information Security Group
Fidelity National Financial
2510 N. Red Hill Avenue, Santa Ana CA 92705

Tel: (949) 221 3252
Cell: (949) 923 0390
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.fnf.com

THIS E-MAIL AND ITS ATTACHMENTS ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY WHO IS THE INTENDED RECIPIENT AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE OR ANY TYPE OF USE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IF THE READER OF THIS E-MAIL IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, OR THE EMPLOYEE, AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THE E-MAIL TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, COPYING, OR OTHER USE OF THIS E-MAIL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, PLEASE REPLY IMMEDIATELY TO THE SENDER.

Considerable number of non-Tiki-specific add-on applications

Marc Laporte
Hi Denis,

Thanks for your message.

I am very interested. Would it be possible to set up a demo account so
we may try out these features?

Thanks!

M ;-)

--
M ;-)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/                                                                /
/ Marc Laporte       <|>                  http://marclaporte.com /
/ Avantech.net       <|>                     http://avantech.net /
/ Tiki CMS/Groupware <|> http://tikiwiki.org/UserPagemarclaporte /
/                                                                /
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RE: RE: Tikiwiki-devel digest, Vol 1 #1250 - 5 msgs

JOHN LEWIS-3
RE: Tikiwiki-devel digest, Vol 1 #1250 - 5 msgs
While I'm a casual user of Tiki, my professional role is IT assurance.  I am VERY interested in all four of your applications, and would love to see how they could integrate into tiki, and into a corporate environment based on Windows as well.

I've purchased software that attemps to provide review/editing for policy documents, and tracking for compliance reasons, but it is clunky, and does not have the power of wiki.

I'm also very interested in the vulnerability management system.

Damian has been working on plugin's for tiki, which would allow users to pick and choose add-ons for a basic tiki install.  Your applications would be a great fit for this.  http://mods.tikiwiki.org/

What can I do to help, as a tikiwiki user, to encourage and assist your introducing these tools to the tikiwiki community?

Thanks.

John Lewis